whats ur worst childhood nightmare

It does’t sound really scary but my worst nightmare went like this:
A boy had his head on a little wall and i constantly hit my head against his. Eventually his head fell off and i got the shivers. And then i woke up.
(Long time ago since i’ve been on this forum :content: I read more on the dutch forum)

haha this post is still alive, that was my old name a long time ago

The worst nightmares are really, really horrible for me, they’re pretty abstract too. I usually get them when I’m really ill.

I hear this really high, high noise - like the TV on mute. I see shapes and stuff really sharp. Last time, there was this thing where you had to fit some rectangles into a big one - I could see the whole solution, it was huge. Even when I sat up (yes I was awake) the screeching would go on and on and I would step outside my room into the blinding light to go down and get a drink. One time I went down (this I’m not so sure if it was a dream or not) and my dad talks way too loud (just sounded loud to me as a sick person) suggesting he makes an avocado sandwich (he likes doing that sort of thing for me sometimes) but I feel he’s walking in the wrong way, not according to the solution. Everything fits together, stuff is rotating in my head and everything. I stumble back up to bed and face the hallucinations in the dark of a bedroom.

It’s horrible, really!

The one i remember is a reoccuring dream i had when i was perhaps 3-6 years old.

It always started in kindergarden and my mom was late to pick me up. Tehn they would tell me she wasn’t coming and that she was dead. And my dad would become really bad and mean to my and my sister from there on for the rest of the dream.

I thought everyone had that dream when they were little. I had it a few times more when i was a little older maybe 7-9.

another dream i had when i was little was that i went to my moms room and she would attack me and hert me, i had this dream acouple of times, and some of the time i was blinded, i dont know why tho, i tryed my hardest to wake up

another one was it was night time and i was in my living room and when i made loud nocies my mom would come down very mad and attack me i had that dream acouple of times

i had servel dreams when my mom hert me, i dont know why tho

I had a repetitive childhood nightmare. It would come to me about once a year. I would be outside of my house in my driveway, my house looked pitched baclk inside. When I went in no one was there, even though I expected my family to be there because I felt I had just come out of the house and when I turned it was dark and empty. I went in and it was dark, i opened my parents door and I saw a shadow of some sort of creature, then I usually woke up with my heart racing and still freightened because I knew I had had the same dream before. Doesn’t sound scary but you know how scary nightmares are to you personally.

When I was younger I used to have a lot of nightmares. The most frightening ones where when I had a high fever. But I don’t remember any of them anymore. My nightmares might have something to do with the fact that I was watching a lot of movies when I was younger. I watched the scaryest movie I have ever seen when I was 10 years old. But then I got so used to watching scary thing in movies that my nightmares went away. And for many years I don’t even think that I had any nightmares. If I get any now I force myself to wake up withing 5 seconds. But I’m usually scared for a few minutes after waking up.

I know what you mean about fevers JaRoD, I’ve had some killer nightmares both as a kid and an adult from fevers. My worst was so vivid, all I was doing was counting how many of these silver balls could fit onto my bed, I would count them in rows and each one would appear as i counted it, but whenever the bed seemed to be getting full and I thought I would be able to stop counting they seemed to shrink and more could fit on. I was unable to stop counting and that was absolutley terrifying.

I also had some killer recuring nightmares as a young kid. The commonest one was falling off a cliff, and falling to the ground with a giant from a picture story book I used to be read. I remember tumbling through the air and the sky was filled with sparkly lights. I must have had that dream over a dozen times. I also used to get FA but never LDs, my FAs were nightmares though because I would always ‘wake up’ in my bed, call for my Mum and nothing would happen. This would frequently lead onto me looking at a chest of draws across the room from which fireworks would suddenly explode, this would then always lead to finding my self falling from the aformentioned cliff with my giant. I miss those dreams though, it’s the only time I’ve been truely life-threateningly scared.

I can still remember a couple of nightmares from my childhood.

I used to dream I was walking down the stairs in our old house. In the cellar I would find 3 doors. There were terrible monsters behind two of them. I had to open both those doors every time, just to look. They would jump halfway out the door and yell at me, before I could squeeze the door shut.

Behind the last door, there was this beautiful woman. She would smile at me and block the door, telling me “you are too young to go in here yet”. I think I was trying to impress her by opening the doors to the monsters, even if they were so scary I almost wet my pants… :neutral:

It’s a very interesting topic, you get some really seriously bizzare dreams as a kid. A minute ago, thanks to this topic, I remembered something that has lead me to believe that I had LDs as a kid. I used to dream about the Flintstones (a kids cartoon about stoneage people for those who don’t know, very friendly and benign in content), but the dream would always end with me and them in a cave, and then the cave would start to collapse. I would then try and wake myself up, I remember thinking ‘this is a dream, just wake up’. This must have happened a good number of times, but I must have been only 2-3 years old because I clearly remember having them before I moved house for the only time in my life, which was when I was 3 going on 4. Isn’t it strange: the memories that can come back to you sometimes!

Omg, Siiw, your dream cracked me up so bad! :lol:

Thanks for sharing that. :content: It has made my day… yup, I’m tellin’ ya the truth. Thanks again!

Dm7

Dm7 you’re welcome. :tongue:

Maybe now would be a good time to find out what’s behind that door?

Yeah why not? :happy: Then you would have a blast time. :content: You get my idea. Lol!

Hehe, now I see where you were going… I’m a woman DM7. :cool: I was just trying to impress a grown-up person, I guess

Oh you’re a woman? rubs her eyes Ohhhhhhhh you are. Lol! Sorry. hides

Has anyone tried to re-enter a childhood nightmare through a LD to confront it?, I think I may try that when I get more free time to try and LD.

Nice going Dm7 :rofl:

About 1.5 years ago I became lucid during a recurring nightmare (which came back from time to time since the age of 8 ). I had a major deja-vu while running away from approaching criminals. During all the previous nightmares, I never succeeded in climbing over a stupid fence. You get the picture: I struggled to get over it and when my attackers were right behind me I woke up. So now that I was lucid I knew what was going to happen. Instantly I forgot about the criminals, jumped over the fence and ran through a big field of high grass. Sunbeams warmed my face as the sun just arose in the western sky. I felt great :smile: Still, too bad I didn’t confront my nightmare… would have been great too I think.

Hi all,

in my childhood I had often the same nightmare: I was sitting in my Dad’s car which was suddenly driving off. I was scared since I did not know how to drive. After a scary ride of several minutes I often had an accident or just drove into the field and stopped there.

But since I have a driving licence for about a year I never had this dream again :smile:

funny how some dreams are like implanted in your memory…

the earliest one i can remember is i was walking across this bridge near my house and i was holding my mums hand… then i fell off the bridge and into the water and a shark was about to bite me when… i woke up

i was really little when i had this dream

the worst dream i’ve ever had happened when i was about 10. i had a really bad fever, and as soon as i went to sleep, i remember i was sleeping with my eyes open(i know i was sleeping) and i felt like i was getting smaller and smaller untill i was ‘honey i shrunk the kids’-small and i remember looking at the room and the wooden bar in front of me(i was on the top of a bunk bed) and remembering it now, i think how i felt is what hell would be like.