I did it!

Just wanted to share my joy. I finally got my first Lucid Dream. Someone in the forums suggested that I just needed a break (I can’t remember who, sorry) but that’s all it took. I haven’t really been keeping a journal for the past 2 or three days, and when I go to sleep I don’t try as hard as I can to have a LD. And I stopped reading stuff about LD every single day. So last night my subconsience finally just kicked in durring a dream. Out of nowhere I asked “Am I dreaming”. I do it in real life a lot, I just did it now in fact, and it actually works! So I said “no” in my dream, and I was so happy. Last time I almost had a LD the reality checks failed, this time I said “screw that, I HAVE to enjoy this”. So I started doing whatever I wanted to. Then everything got dark pretty much immediately, so (good thing I read this technique a million times) I started rubbing my hands together and twirling around. Everything came to focus. I went rampaging through my dreams. I didn’t do everything I wanted to, but hey, it was my first one, at least now I know it’s possible. I climed up a wall; flew a little at first, then I started soaring. I looked at the sky, it was normal in this dream, hmmm…? The only thing different were these black clouds with blood red color underneath them (which changed to a sunset-like color).

The dream started out normal and stayed that way for a long time. So the lucid part wasn’t that long, but still fun. The only thing I didn’t like is that when I woke up it seemed so fake. It was just my imagination. I’ve had similar experiences like that with good dreams in general. For example I would have a couple hundered dollars in my hand, then when I wake up it’s not there and I am rather dissapointed. Also, when I was writting all this down in my DJ (I woke up at 5:20 by accident) I kept falling asleep for every couple of seconds, just for a bit. Every time I would have a false awakening, well, at least I dreamt that I was writing in my DJ and I woke up with still only two sentences down. That got aggrivating, it seemed like I had to re-write the same thing a million times. :bored:

Anyway, I am so happy I finally got one. I hope now that I experienced a LD my brain will find it easier to get into a lucid state. Well, that’s all I have to say.

Good job! I hope I have another one soon. I know what you mean about the “fake” feeling you get, it kind of annoys me too. But, oh well. Still, good job!

:smile: :smile: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh:

Congratualtions! The first one is the best feeling. I sometimes get that fake feeling as well but then I remember that it was very real at the time it happened and I was having a great time. Its kind of like having a great night out and the next day its over and done with, but you know you can still do it again.

Yes I do remember it being so fun and real. But when I woke up it was just like I was day dreaming, it lost all its intensity. But this is not my first one. This was my first intentional one. The first one I had was when I was a kid, it lasted a couple of seconds, all I did was doggy paddle in mid-air. Then I got excited and it was all over. But I do remember how great it felt when I was actually in the dream. Hopefully I can get better and longer ones. I guess my only regret was that I forgot what to do. I knew I wanted one, but in my dream all I did was fly around and mess around, I couldn’t think of anything at the time. I only hope to get more and more so I can fully explore my brain.

I know that fake feeling too! In fact I know it too well. :smile: Sometimes I also would wake up feeling like, “WOW THAT’S SO REAL!” It really depends how vivid your LD is and how high your lucidity is.

All it take is to practice and practice. :smile:

Anyways, congrats on your LD! :happy: Three cheers for you! :beer:
Dm7

Thanks. That’s good to know that it can get more real. I hope I have one tonight.

Oh, I just thought I’d add this because it’s kind of funny. Well, like I said, I was falling asleep when I tried to write my DJ, and I kept dreaming that I was writting in it. Well, I just read over the entry, and there was some stuff in there that I didn’t even know I wrote.

I was talking about how mad I was because I kept falling asleep when I was trying to write. Then right after that I wrote: “It seems like I’m dropping the towel on everybody (even me) and nobody knows what to say”. What in the F***?!?! I didn’t even know I wrote that, nor do I remember what I was talking about. That is so weird and funny to me.

ahhh the ramblings of a semi-conscious dreamer… i go back and look at my dream journal and a lot of it is really incoherent :bored:

anyway… congratulations on your first intentional LD, breaks are awesome aren’t they ??? :smile:

Congratulations The Poultry King :wink:

I still remember my first ld
Great, hope u get many more! :happy:

Good luck with the next one!
And make a what to do list for your next ld, so you use your time
wisely in your next ld.
Think of something good, or funny or something u always wanted to do in real life.

Jeff

The Poultry King

As you have more LD ‘s they do start to feel more real as you become more used to the dream state.

I had a period of time a while ago where I was in a LD dry spell. Then I went a few days without doing anything related to LD ing. After about 4 days the LD’s started to come back. I did not take the brake on purpose. Things were just so hectic that I did not have time to work on my LD ‘s.

Congratulations :smile: :smile:

Happy Dreaming

Congrats! When I first started LDing as a practice, they would come when I would least expect it too. Lots of people also talk about visiting the forum and writting in their DJs in dream, but I’ve yet to have a dream with any relation to LD. I wonder why?

That fake feeling is horrible! I would exactly describe it as fake either; it is more of “that was as real as life, but now I’m left with nothing” :sad:

The only way to counter this… try to get something more out of your LDs than just the experience. Like Jeff said, “use your time wisely.” But then again, its too much fun just to have fun :happy:

Jeff - no way you remeber your first lucid dream… that was like 20 years ago! I don’t remeber my first lucid dream this year, let alone the lucid dreams I had as a kid… :tongue:

You have a fake feeling? Really?

Out of my three LDs, only the last one feels fake (mainly cos I had an ND strait afterwards).
They feel alot more real then an ND, and I get the cool, ‘Hey, I’m dreaming!’ feeling when I think about them.

And this is all very irnoic, cos I have a terrible memory… :tongue:

I would exactly describe it as fake eithe = I wouldn’t exactly describe it as fake either.

It more like comming down off a drug that effects your dopamine levels… it is a total crash and burn for me. My LDs don’t feel fake, they are just as real as reality.

Toadstool-

I think that is a great analogy for the way you feel after a good LD, I had a similar ,but much more intense (in the bad way) feeling after coming down from ecstasy

Mmm, I still remember my first LD. It was when I was about 3 or 4 years old. It still has a huge impact on me because it ended up knowing something more than I knew. :smile: So, from that time… I know it’s more in there (subconscious) than we think. Not just dreaming. :wink:

Congrats again on your LD. Keep it up! :happy:

:beer:
Dm7

toadstool

Now I understand what you mean by fake. I sometimes get a feeling of disappointment that the LD ended but, if I had a good LD I find that it enhances my mood throughout the day. I also know that the dream world is still there and I will be visiting it again.

Actually, sorry, I kind of combined two feelings together. That feeling you get when you wake up and realize it was all a dream and become dissapointed is a different thing all together. When I said I had a “fake” feeling, I meant just that. I woke up and it felt like I was just day dreaming or something, and it lost all its intensity. I do, however, remember that when I was dreaming it felt a lot less fake. But it wasn’t crystal clear either, I was fading in and out of the LD state and it being a ND. I sometimes would start “going with the flow” and my dream would start skiping around and I would be in different places every couple of minutes. But I still was lucid for the most part. This is what gave it a fake feeling for me, I guess it wasn’t fully lucid. I remember when I had my first LD as a kid I sort of went through the same experience. Right when I realized I was dreaming, it was so fun. Then I started to go along with the dream again.

Well on a side note, I didn’t have a LD last night, but instead, a frustrating nightmare-ish dream! How fun! I guess because I’m sick, that was the most horrible dream I ever had. I was being forced to solve some kind of puzzle (I don’t know what kind, I don’t think it exists in the real world) and I felt horrible and half-awake all night. Yuck.

The Poultry King

Don’t worry this definitely improves in time. When you first become lucid try to do something(whatever technique works for you) to stabilize the dream and increase lucidity. It also might help to keep telling yourself that you are dreaming at different points during the dream and take a second and stabilize the dream again. It just takes some time to get used to the lucid state. In a sense you have to get used to a hole new reality. All of this just takes time and practice. The more LD’s you have the better things get.

Again congratulations on your first LD’s

And here is to your next LD :beer:

Happy Dreaming

Yeah, I think I was too excited. It seems like I didn’t really have time for things. I just thought, “hey, I’m dreaming!” and I wanted to make up for that time I missed out on a LD. So everything was very quick, not the actual motions, but like I said, I skipped around a lot. One second I was at a museum, the next I was on top of it. Oh well, thanks for all of the wisdom, I’ll keep trying.

Yes over excitement (happens to everyone at first) is the road to the waking world. Like I said when you become lucid try to stay calm (not easy at first, but gets better with practice) and stabilize things.

Happy Dreaming