Unknown persons in dreams

Never thought about that…

Well, in my last LD, I was in a classroom with my class. When I became lucid and looked at the people taking the lesson with me (well, I had actually made the teacher dissapear after she told me to site back down… well, before I actually made her disapear I told her to f/ck off… but they were still working…).

Not one of them resembled the real people in any of my classes.

If you’ve lived a fairly active life, you’ve probably seen too many faces to count. I’m guessing even though you don’t actually remember the person your brain still has images of them, but I’m sure our brains would be able to constuct new images out of people we do know.

I have had a lot of dreams about people I never met. Though I am sure that I must have seen them some where before. Your brain is like a computer and records everything you see, here, smell whatever. You just don’t remember. Do you remember every person you may pass by in a day? But, I also think that our minds are quite capable of creating people out of nothing. I have faced monsters in my dreams that were very elaborate and detailed and I assure you these monsters do not exist. (At least I hope they don’t :uh: ) Creating a person would be nothing compared to that.

hmm i see a hell of a lot of ppl aht i have never seen before, and then a year later then come into my life lol, stupid slow precog :tongue:

but then a lot of people i see are people from my every day life, people that mean a lot to me mostly.

How do you know?

Oh… I guess you read it somewhere. :eh:

Sorry, I’m being a bit nasty, but, well, if you don’t remember them, how do you know they’re in your subconcious?

As for me, I cannot remember ever seeing somebody I hadn’t met in my dreams. I’m not a very creative person. I can understand some people might see new people though, it makes sense.

actually roughly 70% of what we see around us is made up from memory… our brain take shortcuts, like the color of this or that the way somthing feels etc.

but in our dreams, well there is no external influence. well not a lot anyway, so what we see is made up from memory but also not 2 many shortcuts, which means our dreams are more real then reality it self!!!

sorry just ranting :happy:

No - reality is 30% real, 70% constructed. Dreams are fully constructed. :smile:

yer thats the one, so does that make it more real or less real? ahhhh big question taht one

Most of my DCs also exist irl… About 30% of them are strangers. I like your theory about the possibility that those strange DCs are actually mixtures of known DCs. Even if this ain’t the case, where did the brain get its information to create these DCs? Random neuronal activity?

hmm or maybe somthing more :content:

Just remembered that a few years ago I had some strange HI or it was a FA. Anyway I was in my bed and could clearly see faces infront of me and I could change them into other faces if I wanted to. It was really freaky and fun but it only went on for maybe 10 seconds.

@TS: Perhaps… :smile: But I wanted to leave that one out… Too much speculation :wink:

lol i wont bring it up but to b left 4 good measure, sounds like HI totaly wicked stuff hey :happy:

I see dream characters that ive never met before… also, I find my self in places that ive never been before.

Just sitting hear I can constuct new faces in my head. It’s not so easy though.

:cool_laugh: Really Technodreamer, you can construct new faces in your head. You must have a good imagination or whatever one would need to do that. I don’t think that I could do that.

You’ve obviously never watched Michael Jackson’s video Black and White! :tongue:

r3m0t

Actually I watched a science show about it. Later I also was reading a book about hypnosis and how people were able to pull lost memories out of their subconscious.

But more than that, I had a recurring DC that I just could not place. Since she was in so many of my dreams I thought it might be important. Then one day I was at a mall and went to get a soda at the food court which was very crowded. There was one store that was not very busy so I went to that one since all I wanted was a soda. An there was the DC. I must have passed her countless times. Which is not necessarily proof of the studies. But makes you think about what other secrets are hiding deep in our subconsciousness.

yeah, I sometimes see DC’s who are completely made up by my mind. The brain seems to be good at mixing bits and pieces up especially in dreams.
But all my recurring DC’s are people I know.

Technodreamer: I find it very easy to constuct images in my head too, not so much faces but imagining people I know in different clothes, scenery and lots of things.

hmm interesting on the constructing bit, i bet you are seeing thinkers.

I am a feeling thinker, which means that i cant see things to well but i can feel them…does that make any sort of sence?

And MJ needs a new face full stop, i reckon what ever the hell i think up, with my limited skill there , would look better then what he has lol. hmm i am so mean but i love it