things to be afraid while lucid dreaming

By the way, sticking with this topic, what I’m talking about is nothing to be afraid of. You can’t get “stuck”, and you can’t get hurt. Like I said… we think these phenomena are extremely rare, and even more rare for someone not deliberately trying to access them.

Even if i was in a ND or a LD i would still be scared if i was not breathing!
unless i got used to not doing it in them!

same here… but you can force yourself to “breathe” while dreaming… it’s very hard to do and feels weird, as the sensation of your body breathing and the sesnation of your dream body breathing probably tend to want to synch to one another

and it’s very hard to make yourself breathe in water in a dream, but very cool too…

lately i’ve had dreams where i become aware of my breathing and feel like i’m slowly suffocating and then i wake up kind of low on air…

I’m not sure if it’s apnea or what, but it happens while on my SIDE… and apnea most certainly should not happen while on your side at all, should it/

I usually am at a weird downward angle though, so that could be it.

Why do you think it’s hard? I’m sure I could do it easily - in fact, just by going underwater. That’s because I can usually breathe through a shut nose when I’m dreaming. :smile:

Yes it’s not that hard to breathe underwater. What cán be frightening however, is the idea of swallowing water into your lungs. This is ofcourse because you make associations with waking life, and the fear of drowning. But if you’re lucid enough, you can easily overcome this initial fear. In my case, breathing water is quite different than breathing air. Breathing wood and glass is even more strange :smile:

exactly… though… breathing wood and glass?

I’ve breathed paperish water by trying to smoke in dreams (why can’t i ever get high?)

but…

i guess if you had already done a lot of weird things prior to trying to breathe water it’d be easy, but upon attaining lucidity and immediately trying to drown yourself, it’s pretty hard to overcome the basic instinct to hold your breath underwater.

Lol yeah you should try it :smile: Just stick your head inside a window or a tree and breathe. It’s not particular more difficult than breathing water, but it feels different.

Not necessarily… Ofcourse when have already done some freaky stuff, you have a more flexible mind than when you try the underwater breathing immediately in your first LD. So yes it might help you to overcome that basic instinct. On the other hand, even if you have no real prior experience with LD experiments, and you have reached a pretty high level of lucidity, it still might not pose such a big problem. Because you’re lucid, you should understand the nature of the dream. So you also should understand that nothing really can hurt you. Whether or not you have prior experience doesn’t make such a difference in this case. But that’s only if you’re truly high lucid and fully understand your situation…

i will try and pass out in a ld and see what happens, if i die, well i wont post again lol. wish me luck lol :happy:

what a totaly stuffed up thing forme 2 do but hey :happy:

Are we invited to your funeral? :tongue:

Good luck! :happy:

lol ofcourse, and hey if i do die i will make sure i come into ur dreams from teh otherside and tell you :happy:

Oh great! Perhaps you could become our joint spirit guide :wink: Hehe would be nice though :smile:

omg that would b so cool, and i could speak in ur ear durin da day and totaly trip you out :happy: nah i wonder what taht would be like and i wonder if this is one way we become spirt guides. so many questions. lol mystic you inspire the questions from within me thank you :happy:

Richard :bounce:

Lol hehe if you’d whisper in my ears whole day, I’d go totally schizo. Perhaps this is thé origin of schizofrenia? :tongue:

This might indeed be one explanation for spirit guides. But frankly, it seems like spirit guides are a higher level of consciousness, and not a reflection of the spirit of a deceased person… Hm who could tell?

anyone would if i was whsperin in their ear lol, but who know the only way to find out is to try :happy:

also to find out how the SG become them is to ask :happy:

might do that sometime

LD ing is perfectly safe. You are in the drivers seat and control how the dream progresses. I have been killed in many ND and even a lucid one, and I’m still here. As for getting stuck, all you have to do is look around the forum to find people complaining that they can’t stay in the LD long enough. The worst thing that can happen is you will wake up.

:cry: Yes!

I wouldn’t hold your breath for tyo long if I were you. You could pass out, and possibly die. Cool ehh?!

But with the hold-your-nose RC you breathe right through!

I’ve also been able to set up two breathing patterns, a slow one and an unnaturally fast one… yes I’ve had both of them at the same time, man that was wierd :alien:

Yes but you don’t hold your breath. You attempt to breath.

Also, the dream world is based on your beliefs. If you belief that you can breath while pinching your nose, it will happen.

Technodreamer

I am not sure that you could really endanger yourself that way. I would gamble that you would just wake up. I have to look up that study before I can really comment though. I’ll look it up tonight and comment tomorrow.