Sounds When You're Going To Sleep

i’ve tried talking to them, but haven’t had any success :sad: i guess i should concentrate on listening to them w/o losing them for now

These voices are different from schitzophrenic ‘voices’ because to be a schitzophrenic voice, it has to be considered reality.

A schitzophrenic cannot differentiate between a voice in their head that isn’t real, or a real person telling them what to do.

So, as I know these voices are not real voices, and are just in my head, they are not schitzophrenic voices.(Did this in Psych…really loved that lesson)

I accidentally talked to one once…I mean I was really almost asleep, and a woman asked me if I wanted any milk, and I turned over and said “yeah, ok…” then realised I’d just woken myself up, got really pissed off, and had to start falling asleep all over again.

I didnt actually speak to them out loud but tried to ‘mind communicate’ or whatever through a petty projection in thought. Though i do recall one time where i wasnt really aware of the HI and so i responded i think it was a FA where my mom told me that she had made breakfast and i said ‘ok be there in a min’ out loud, woke up and it was like 3 am hehe.

But I do get that all the time when i become aware of it and im always unsure if it is real or not (i like to think that maybe just maybe it could actually be someone or something trying to communicate with me) though chances are its just HI, and my reasoning for not caring if it is truly external or not is that if it is, cool im communicating with another being, and if not then i am most likely communicating with my subconscious or some abstract aspect of myself, with abstract and hard to understand responses :sad:

hehe so maybe im slightly schizo? :tongue: nah im jus jokin ** :help: ** lol

One time I was trying to initiate a WILD, and everytime I got close, this really high pitched tone would develop. It almost sounded like someone whistling. It stopped almost as soon as i became conscious of it, and i thought it was a noise out in the hall or something. But after interrupting my WILD attempts several times, i realized it was all in my head.

Does anyone ever experience HI or HA (Hypnagogic Audio, lol) that actually interferes with their attempts?

Sometimes I hear a phone or a doorbell.

gets up, checks phone

no missed calls…

:grrr:

I don’t hear strange noises very often :sad:
One time while doing WILD I heard some noises coming from the distance. At first it was like distant thunderclaps, but it became louder and louder until finally the thunderclaps changed into the agonizing screeching of a bunch of witches. Awww man that was scary :bored:

Sometimes when I try to WILD and I’m not successful I hear some voice or sound…

Funny but when I succeed (I see an image) I never hear any voice or sounds.

I hear voices and often see people moving, before it disappears.

A few times when falling asleep I have heard people that I recognise say just my name as if to get my attention but without any sort of expression. Like Feed_my_brain, I hear the voice in one as though it had actually come from a person a foot from my ear. I was always pretty impressed when it happened and I would wake up every time.

Last night while meditating in bed (semi atemp at WILD) I heard a flock of birds squaking as they flew over my house. My mind was really quite calm and I did not recocnise their calls so I have no idea if it was real or not. Not many flocks of birds fly over my house lat at night if any at all.

I have also heard music in the afternoon once while napping which at first, I thought was comming from an icecream van but it sounded like a flute and went away when I got excited to hear it.

It’s not uncommon for me to start hearing voices as I’m drifting off… sometimes I’ll hear my name, and sometimes just random bits of conversation. I always just assumed it part of HI. They’re never voices that I’ve heard before…

Sort of a weird type thing, isn’t it? “I hear voices in my head!!!”

When you are doing WILD you may see, hear, feel. Smell or sense strange things. It is completely normal and safe. In fact it is a good thing. It means you are close to entering a dream. You have to try not to pay to much attention to them though. Just be aware of them. Let yourself go deeper and the next thing you will know you will be dreaming.

EDITING:

I find out what was wrong there lol

I don’t get voices just some strange popping sounds. Almost feel like it’s my eardrums that make the sound.

Yes, it happens to everyone especially when you are first learning. You may hear a loud noise or see a sudden flash of HI that will snap you back to waking state. You will get used to it and this will improve with practice.

i need a goat. LOL

Last night they were saying “eyerows, EYEBROWS” and I was just listening to them to see if they would start making any sense and a girl said “you know, these?!” and I felt a finger poking me in the head, it was wierd…then some guy kept on saying “if you like jam, have this” and the girl was saying “ok but I like cows instead” I was laughing my head off!

:rofl:

I learned a hard lesson durring my first WILD, the HI is not real, what your hearing is NOT REAL. lol, I was not even sure it was HI.

I mean, I thought my roomate was sneaking into my room, then I got up and he was not there… I could hear him and I was so sure of what I was hearing was real lol!

When you are practicing WILD you will hear, see, feel, experience many things but none of them are real and nothing to worry about. Try not to get too caught up in them though as that my keep you from entering the dream Consciously .

:lmao: :lmao: PistGurl!