Learn to wake yourself up in LDs

Sorry if that isn’t a good subject, but it is the only one I could think of to descibe this.

Like most things you can go two ways with things. Often learning how to do one thing you learn lots about its oposites. I have found that if you wake youself up in a lucid dream you can learn to recognize the feelings that are waking up. This can help you prevent waking up in an LD when you don’t want to.

This is probably useless for most people, but for people who LD often this might be a usefull tool for enhancing your LD length.

I woke up from ld’s just out of fear… man I suggest not waking up, cause then its like why did you want an ld in the first place, if that when you have an ld, you wanna wake up.

Also, how does ending your ld increase your ld length? :confused:

toadstool, couldn’t you get the same benefit by naturally losing an LD and just paying attention as you’re losing it rather than willfully ending an LD ???

I don’t usually wake up from LDs on accident (I mean something that startles me in the LD). I usually only wake up if my girlfriend bumps into me, I have to goto the bathroom, or it is like 10 am and I can’t sleep any more. I often want to wake up from lucid dreams that are in the early REM cycles so that I will remeber them. Usually once I am lucid in a night I have LD after LD the rest of the night. I am under the impression that this is a regular thing for people, so waking yourself up wouldn’t interfer with your LDs.

The other night, even after I woke myself up, I went back to sleep and had an extremely long LD.

This was just a suggestion for people that have problems waking up :smile:. I used to have problems, and I don’t have problems any more.

Sorry if this is kind of half hazard posting, but I think the point I am trying to make is realizing the VERY early signs of waking up. If you can recognize these you can focus and you will never even get to the point of needing to rub your hands together.

I’m not sure how it works, but I’ve had the experience in the past that the more often I wake up in a night, as the night progresses the longer and the more vivid my LDs get. Waking up often could keep your mind more active resulting in better and more stable LDs. It is like WBTB method.

You might be able to, but most people panic. I know I used to panic. Something to consider about willingfully ending an LD: You will have the opportunity to first suggest to your subcouncious that you will be lucid for the rest of the night. Like I have said, this usually works. It isn’t an outward suggestion, but instead the confident feeling in your dream that now you are lucid, you are going to wake up and when you are dreaming again you will be lucid.

Sounds fishy, but it consistently works for me.
[/quote]

hmm… good point

I have more trouble losing lucidty than waking up. In fact, I don’t think I’ve woke up once. So it is now going to be a target to wake up before I loose lucidity, and regognise the feelings of waking up at the same time.

Why is waking up better than losing lucidity?

This makes sense, but I think that once you begin to feel these, it’s too late to stay in the dream. Or maybe there are early signs I haven’t seen. :eek:

r3m0t, I don’t think it’s too late when you feel yourself waking up. I managed to get back into a LD when it had faded to black. I yelled “increase lucidity” and got back into the dream.

Yes, and focusing really hard on your hands or light is another way. Expecially when you suddenly can’t control yourself. Just focus really hard on beating whatever causes that effect and you’ll gain control.

If I wake up during a REm period while Lucid dreaming, I can A.) Remember my dreams better B.) Hopefully fall back into a lucid dream.

Aced it tech totaly right. Waking up in a lot of sences can help a lot but also knowing when you will wake up.

Indeed this si a very very clever thing to do. Years ago when i first started out lucid dreaming i didnt have a great deal. but by the stage of getting 2-3 a week i started to feel when my dream was about to end, i let it end and i awaoke remembering my dream and writing it down.

After some time i realised that i was loosing the drea because of my lucidity, too much exictment or whatever. So i learned to tell when my dream was ending and instead of waking up i droped lucidity inside the dream,this kept the dream going and i sliped back into a non lucid dream.

After this it was as if a part of me was waiting and watching and as soon as the dream became stable i would do a RT and get back lucid, or i would just go, right lucidity again.

the most time i ahve droped lucidity is 3-4 times. Now i no longer do it, it took me 2 years but i learned that fine little line.

Learning when your dream is about to end for what ever reason is a fantastic skill taht should be learned. Now a days i pause my dream when i am just about towake up and try and continue it that night.

Peace

Richard :bounce:

i’m also interested in techniques that wake me up…

mostly to remember my LDs better!
often i have significant experiances in LDs, and i want to keep them as good as possible, so i try to wake myself up
too bad, most of the times, is comes to an FA…

i’ve been LDing for almost a jear, and my LD really became super-stable… i can’t really wake up from them :neutral: even if i want to…

so any ideas how to do this? any techniques?

I remember reading something in EWLD that said you could lie down on a bed and go to sleep, and when you did, you would wake up in the real world.

Wow, that’s a first, Pixelmonster. I never actually try to wake myself up during a full-fledged LD, but I’ve done it before in NDs that were scaring me. I just yelled, “WAKE UP!” and sure enough I did. Good luck with that, uh, task. :tongue:

When I have nightmares I want to get out of (almost all of my nightmares are me being chased), I just close my eyes and let the bad guy catch me.

Man, I could never just stand there and wait for them to catch me. (Think I’d be too scared.) I should try it some time though. They probably wouldn’t do anything and then I could become lucid and go have some fun!

I have a friend who I guess used to have a whole lot of nightmares a few years ago. He was talking about how he would become lucid and just make them go away.

Pixelmonster, what you have seems pretty lucky actually lol even if at the moment it doesnt seem like it. I can tell you how to wake your self up, but i dont think that iwll actually help, you see there is just a small thing of the DAMN SUB CONSCIOUS :grrr: that gets in the way.

Anyway, you may not be waking up due to pregramming your sub c so u wont wake up even in the situations that you want to.

but there is hope. your dream in REM. which we all know as rapid eye movment, so if you want to wake up just stop moving your eyes, for a lot of people including my self that will cause the dream to end, some people it disovles from the out side in, others from the inside out, and you will find your self in a black void which you can eaisly open your eyes from.

Or you could stop moving, movment seems to be the key to stable lucid dreams, so by stoping moving, then you should be able to wake up.

But if these two things are not working i think it would be a problem with your sub conscious, well not a problem as such but well something you can overcome to make u even better at it.

You can try and make ur self an device that will wake you up. Ie create a little rod, like 3cm long with a small little button on it, and the words Awake along the rod. Now when you wanna wake up just make this device appear and totaly belive that you will wake up when you press the button. Now press the button and there you go:D

Richard :bounce:

Pixelmonster said:

Don’t worry as your lucid dreams become more vivid you will have no trouble remembering them in the morning. You will not have to wake yourself out of a LD just so you won’t forget it.

I often have nights where I experience several LD ‘s in one night and I find that I have no trouble remembering them in the morning.

milod789 i envy u, my recall has been so bad latly after i gave up writing down my dreams from god damn school, now it has taken me 2 weeks to start to remember them well again and that inclludes the lucids. Bah this is taking for ever, maybe i should just wake myself up so i can remember :happy: