For some reason, in LDs, my sexuality can change.

O_o
It is very strange, because, IRL, I’m straight as a post. But, in a LD I had not too long ago, I sort of swung both ways. It was very… strange. I was rather disgusted when I woke up, though.

definatly the kind of dream you dont want to tell ya mates :smile:
i wouldnt worry though, i dream a bunch of weird stuff that dosnt apply to me in real life -example last night i drempt i was standing up for the rights of this weird monkey girl and went on this huge adventure saving her from the bad people…would i stand up for an half ape half girl in real life? actually i dunno-maybe i would :confused:

were you lucid?

Yeah, more or less.

You know, now that I’m thinking about the dream, I remember it more clearly. IIRC, the whole thing was sort of an RC. Maybe I can use that…

i wouldnt worry hehe,
in dreams a lot of stupid things happen, things that don’t make sense,

as long as your no homo in real life and you know your not one, you shouldnt worry

-stranger

Yes, I wouldn’t worry. I’m sure that there is virtual no control over sexuality in a dream. I can’t imagine what what cause a change of sexuality in a dream though. I might just be curiosity, just as some people find that they have the opposite sexual organs in dreams.

At first thought these dreams can be disturbing, but you should not let them bother you. Dreams flow in a language that take you out of your normal box of thoughts. Just look forward to enjoying future dreams about different things.

Dreams of sex with the same gender or even family members are somewhat common. The general population report of these types of dreams, and you shouldn’t worry that you actually desire these dream characters or situations.

Goodluck! :smile:

I too have had experiences like this and felt thorougly disgusted with myself when I woke up. (shiver)

i’m not sure on whether it’s just the wording that some of you use but alot of the replies have homophobic undertones.

You make it sound like he should worry if he decided he was homo/bi-sexual…?

Heck a few times i haven’t even been human :eh:

I don’t know why you would, i mean it was justa dream. I don’t feel disgusted after odd / out-of-the-norm dreams. I just shrug and ignore it, to me these type of dreams are exactly the same as murder/massacre/violent dreams. While i wouldn’t do the terrible things i’ve done to people in my dreams in RL - i accept that these things happen in dreams and that it’s healthy regardless of my personal preference or feelings in RL.

Weirdest things i’ve done sexually in dreams.

Family Members (I blaime Freud and his Oedipal complexes for that one)
Same Sex
Transexual
Hermaphrodites
-Been a Hermaphrodite
Non-Humans (usually a dog) - reciever never giver
Been non-human
Been female and have sex with males & females
3/4somes / group / orgies
Heck i even got pregnant in one dream.

they maybe confusing and feel wrong/dirty but they are just dreams, there is only one type of dream that i have had that involved sexual stuff that i woke up feeling totally discusted about but that was more my morality than it was anything else.

I think that’s why dreams exist.

I think they meant that as long as he is confident that he is not a homosexual (in RL), then there is no need for him to worry about his sexuality in a dream effecting him in RL.

Also, I don’t think there is anything wrong with homosexuality.

But if I had sex with someone from the same sex in a dream (me being straight in RL), I would be discusted when I awake, because I only have sexual attraction to the opposite sex (in RL). So the idea of having sex with another man, or an animal, does not appeal to me. This doesn’t immediatley make me homophobic.

Thanks for bringing back a bad dream. :sad: :tongue:

I don’t think that the brain properly associates emotional feelings (not just sexual attraction) properly with DCs.

I agree with Dark Matter, what’s the big problem. I’ve sucked my friends cough in a normal dream, and yeah the thought of actually doing that is rather disgusting to me (because I am heterosexual and he isn’t very pretty), but I just found it amusing when I woke up. Unless you are insecure in your sexuality, or have an aversion to any sexuality other than your own, then these sorts of dreams shouldn’t bother you. If they do then you have to ask yourself why.

I don’t really have a comment for this post but I just had to say that Dark Matter’s post was really funny and right on in the points that he made. Although I can understand feeling ashamed over having odd dreams. It’s just built into us to feel bad over something not really “acceptable” to the rest of society. I wish I could hold the view that “it was just a dream” and fully believe that. I’m working on it. Considering human beings are such sexual creatures, there’s nothing unusual or wrong about such dreams.

This is actually a really interesting topic XD. Most people are too shy to say what really happens, but hey, its a dream ^^. Personally, I have often dream I was a woman(More so than a man, actually o.O) with both men and women. Ive also dreamt being with the same sex…Ive ALSO dreamt of myself being luigi(sp?) from mario :happy:;;; I actually get a kick out of some of these dreams, but others I am left a little shaken and sick when I wake up o_o; Just because you dream something, doesnt mean thats how you are, though ^^. Just think of it as a learning experience without actually having to do it, if you are worried.

Yes, if anyone is feeling a little curious, or perhaps unsure of their sexuality, then what better way to explore the options than in a dream if you don’t want to publically explore the options.

Ooh… and I assume that this dream doesn’t worry you. Cos it shouldn’t :razz:.

In NDs, I’ve never actually had sex wid a man, but I’ve come close (and then felt very dsiturbed afterwards…).
In LDs, I’m very much strait though.

And my dream sex is enver as weird as some people (never gang bang, never with an anaimal, never with transvestite etc.). Though one time I did it with Marge Simpson :eh:.

And the only time I’ve been a girl in my dreams, is oddly enough, some of the cooler dreams. Not only do they have lots of action, but one even had a sotry plot (with twists!) in it.
No sex though :neutral:.

I masturbate to much in RL to ever have any sexual dreams. I’m waiting for a long vivid LD, so that I can have sex.

^^^ hmm… maybe that’s why i don’t have very many sexual NDs either :neutral: then again i always seem to have a dream about a setting where i was in WL that day, you’d think the masturbation would carry over to a sex dream every night :grrr:

Wow, after reading this thread I just discovered that I’m a normal person despite having ND-sex with same sex (as a heterosexual), family members etc. In LD’s, I generally have the same kind of desires as IRL. They are already big enough to handle so I won’t overwhelm my conscious mind with weird experiments :tongue:

And er… Techno and co, I don’t know how much you guys “do” it IRL, with or without partner, but I never saw any relation with my dreams. Or maybe my desires are just inexhaustible 24 hrs/day :wink:

I’ll try to hold off and experiment… can I do it?
Probably not. Anyways I’ve had a few sexual lucid dreams gone awry but it doesn’t make me question my sexuality at all. I just blame it on my stupid subconscious, trying to get back at me for lucid dreaming. Haven’t done any animals yet, don’t plan to…

Hey let’s not turn this thread into a debate about sexuality.

What I’ve come to believe is that there is a short period after the dream in question of remorse and guilt as the person has done something in the dream that they would never do IRL. However, the person will inevitable (hopefully) come to the conclusion that it was nothing more than a dream and that they have nothing to worry about. The same thing happened to me. I mean, how happy are you going to feel about yourself the first time you have done something warped in your dream? I didn’t feel too happy after having intimate relations with a dog a few dreams ago, but I’ve gotten over it.
:…: