The BIG WILD Topic - Part XI

Congratulations on your success :wink: I think if the technique of easing into HI can be mastered it may be a great way to consistently get LDs because you can really let go and not get too caught up in SP related phenomenon.

pleban

I don’t know how long it takes you to fall to sleep. If you can fall asleep quickly then I would set a time limit on practicing WILD at bed time. Give yourself like ½ hour or 45 minutes to do WILD and if you are not making any progress just let it go and fall asleep. You my find that just the effort alone may have a MILD effect causing you to wake up in your dreams later in the night. You can still do WBTB later in the night. I only do WBTB when I wake on my own. I don’t use an alarm or anything.

Happy Dreaming

There is a free e book called a course in consciousness that talks about WILD (though it does not call it that) at bed time. I does also talk about WBTB.

You can find it here geocities.com/lucidmetro/coursetable.htm

Thanks Milod, I’m going to check this out…!

I have not had luck with LDing for the past 11 days or so, hoping for a turn around… :smile:

I had a question, if you guys could help me that would be great. Today around 4 i took a nap and decided to try WILD. I was falling asleep counting and I felt SP start, it doesnt scare me at all, (I actually find it interesting when I wake up in it). After I felt the SP, (I had a rushing sound in my ears as well) i started to get more HI so I focused on that and they got more intense, but sort of just died out and I didn’t feel like I was progressing anymore. I didn’t enter the dream counsiously, but I had a false awakening short afterwards but i woke up right afterwards. I tried it again and felt SP one more time, but had another FA like above, but when i had it i had no arms or anything and couldnt move and I tried to get out of bed but just sort of fell out and waited a minute till I woke up. Could anybody help me with how to keep the HI strong when they start to fade away and how to enter the dream from here? Am I in the dream state once I feel SP set in? I would rather not have an OOBE. (it was also not dark in my room, could this have done anything?)

I’m not sure about the FA you mention, but your ssue with the SP sort of stopping is common in people trying to WILD. From what I understand, yu may be too “alert” about your body at this stage and it may be best to try to “let go” and try to decrease your awareness. Exactly how to go about doing this is another story… :bored:

so if I fall asleep a little bit more during this portion of it, that will be work?

Pleban

You’ll have to check it out. I just scanned it quickly. It is actually a long book. I am going to read it more later. Let me know what you think about it.

amnesiac

You only want to have a slight awareness to cross over. You may even black out for a second but that is ok. Again your awareness must be very slight.

I have found out that if I concetrate on my body too much when I try to WILD something will always happen that makes me loose the SP. It could be an itch or have to swallow. Once my heart started pounding so hard that I almost freaked out.

When I WILD I don’t think that I black out. I usually enter a black void and then the dream “loads”. It looks about the same as the loading program in the matrix.
The best way for me to WILD is to only concentrate on HI and then sort of let the HI surround me. That way I don’t feel the SP and doesn’t get any itches or anything else that will wake me up. Then again there’s a big chance that I will fall sleep instead of WILDing.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, I can’t sit and read all the posts here lol! If you get REALLY tired, like only having 4 hours sleep per night for a week, would it be easier or harder to try WILD?
And would it be better at this time to try it when first going to sleep or after the first time you wake up naturally?
Also(last Q I promise, sorry again if repeating!) wouldn’t it be harmful to try WILD when first going to sleep, cos you’re missing the deep sleep which is important for your mental wellbeing?!

No it does not harm your sleep to practice WILD when you first go to sleep. At least it doesn’t for me.

As for lack of sleep. Why are you getting so little sleep? For most people 4 hours of sleep is not any where near adequate sleep. Try and work on improving you sleeping habits if you can. I know that is easier said than done especially if you are suffering from insomnia.
Anyway, in general WBTB is quicker than doing it as you first go to sleep but, I would do it booth times. This gives you 2 chances to try to WILD.

[color=indigo]I’m not getting uch sleep just cos I wanted to see if the trippy effects of being really tired could help with WILD, the halucinations are so cool!

My stupid random insomnia has gone back into hibernation for a while!
So I should be ok![/color]

PistGurl

Trying to rely on REM rebound effect of sleep deprivation. That’s what I thought you were getting at. Well all I can tell you is that there is no guarantee of LD’s with that. After putting your self through all that you may still end up with just a ND. Albeit long, vivid and intense ones. Im not saying don’t do it. you have to make that decision on your own. Since you also suffer or suffered from insomnia you know that sleep deprivation is not fun. There are people who claim that it works and I don’t disbelieve them. I just don’t recommend it. Why put your self through that when you don’t have to.

Happy Dreaming

I get REM rebound quite ofter because I tend to sleep too much. After about a week of too much sleep I get one night where I can’t fall asleep until very late, resulting in 4-5 hours of sleep. Those nights I can usually get some really intense HI. And the night after I usually have lots and lots of long vivid dreams. So atleast for me one night of too little sleep gets the job done. Doesn’t always work though.

JaRoD

Yes one night is enough to get REM rebound. You describe getting long vivid dreams but I notice that you did not say if you had lucid ones.

PistGurl

You will find that WILD can be quite trippy all on it’s own.

Just practice and give yourself time. The LD 's will come.

I usually dont get LD’s during a night of REM rebound. Probably because I’m too tired and just want to sleep.

Arg…WILD hasn’t worked for me in a logn time. I just lie there, either using counting, or mantra, or focusing on body or HI for over an hour then my will brekas and I move and fall asleep normally with no LD…

I have a question that has arisen to my mind now actually… even though I’ve been trying to WILD for some time (with some success when I see the dream images form, rather than when I count):

Are we supposed to count with our mind (thinking) or mouth (speaking) ?

Because I generally ‘think’ rather than count aloud…
What is the actual way?