I just had my first LD, I want more. :)

It’s an american show.

imdb.com/title/tt0247091/

Wow, Don’t know what was so special about last night but atleast I rememberd my first 2 dreams since this topic was posted. That means alot for me. :smile:

Haha, vad har du för moppe :cool: jag är också svensk och har en dt :happy:

Sure, I’m swedish but lets keep the disscusions on the forum in english, please? :smile:

Then, I dont own a moped, my name isn’t even meant to refeer to that but well, it went to a bizzare acronym of morpheus after a couple of years. :content:

Good to see another swede here though.

Sorry :smile:

Go get yourself a moped then :cool: And where do you live?

Boden

moppe

First welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first LD.

I think keeping a dream journal is important. You will find that almost every one on the forum keeps a dream journal. It helps you with dream recall, understanding what your dreams are like ( very important ), and of course you can track your progress.

You should at least read the big WILD topic part 11 in the quest for lucidity section. For more information about WILD. The key with WILD is to fall asleep while maintaining only a slight bit of your consciousness.

For now I would stick with what has already worked for you then expand from there. You have plenty of time to experiment with different techniques.

Happy Dreaming

Thanks milod, to bad I’ve already made 44 posts and been a member for 3 weeks. :smile:

Well, the problem to keep a journal is that I just can’t remember my dreams when I wake up, nothing tonight either. Yesterday was a exception with the 2 dreams. But I remember that I accidently put my alarm-clock that woke me up a hour early but I want back to sleep after that, I can’t realy remember if I remebered my dreams when I woke up of the alarm-clock.

I will try to set my alarm-clock again this night and look what happens. :smile:

everybody’s different, but personally… i HATE alarm clocks. i find i remember my dreams much better when i wake up naturally without its aid. i used an intention like this to help me wake up on my own (on the days i don’t have to get up that early)

“i will wake up after every REM cycle. i will remember my dream”

:yinyang:

I don’t use alarm clocks either with WBTB. I don’t even have to give myself the suggestion that I will wake in the middle of the night any more. It as just become a natural part of my sleep pattern.

The problem with the alarm clock is that it can cause you to forget your dream. Wen the alarm clock goes off it shocks you awake first, then you are focused on waking yourself up more and then shutting the alarm off. Lets say all of this take you 15-20 seconds from the time the alarm goes off. You can forget your dreams in that short of time (at least in the beginning). Now if you gently wake naturally your very first thought will can be what was I dreaming not I have to turn off the alarm. By waking naturally you can just lay in bed and keep you thoughts just on what were you dreaming. Now I know that you can not afford to do that all the time. We all have school, work etc. But when ever you can allow your self to wake naturally. Also when you wake naturally you are more likely to wake out of rem sleep. Now for the nights you can’t wake naturally you can play with your wake-up or sleep time to try and wake yourself out of REM sleep. Try to adjust your sleep so you get an extra 15 min of sleep and see what happens. If you still have no memory of dreams adjust your sleep so you get an extra ½ hr.

when you do wake up. Write anything you remember down in a journal. Even if it is just dream fragments that make no sense now. Don’t worry if you keep practicing your dream recall will get much better. You will be surprised how quickly your dream recall will improve.

Yes, I will. :smile:

Before this lucid dreaming I remembered about 2 dreams a year. This last night I remembered 3 dreams at once. I can still remember them so I will start a Dream Journal here on the site later, now the only thing missing is to get a LD. :content:

Don’t worry you will. Just takes some time and a little practice. Look how far you came allready. From rembering 3 dreams a yeat to 3 in one night.

Keep Practicing and don’t give up.

Wow, guess that I’m the alarmclock kind of guy, no dreams tonight without the alarm.

Go with what works for you. We are all different and have diferent things that work for us.

Happy dreaming

Now that you have dream recall, I am sure you’ll be able to improve it later so that you don’t need the alarm.

Don’t forget to start making a list of the most commong themes that you dream about, and another list of things you want to do when you have an LD!

Just keep practicing and you will see results.

Yeah, I’ve already had them. :smile:

No dreams remembered tonight though, better luck this time?

No dreams yesterday but 2 today. :smile:

lol keep it up :happy:

ya dude, by no time youl be like me, having dreams every night, usually 2 or more.