Living in Holland/Netherlands?

This is addressed to the Dutch members of this board:

In January I visited the Netherlands (Tilburg area mostly), and I fell in love with the country.

I have been working very hard to learn the Dutch language so that within the next year, or so, I may be able to live in Holland.

I’m 21 years of age, I will be graduating from college in two months with a degree in Communications… how difficult will it be for me to find a job and start a new life in your beautiful country? :bow:

I’ve heard that there are job opertunities over there. Or at least I know there are for computer programmers. And in Belgium.

hi there,

the best way is to find a job first and then come here… (i guess)

big companies offer staff sometimes houses or accomodation.

i have no idea if you need a visa or permission to work here.

There are tons of online dutch jobhunting sites.

try: werk.pagina.nl/ with lots of jobhunting sites.

veel succes! :smile:

groetjes,
Q

Edit:

I have the opposite question for ppl from the USA… i want to go and study there for a year, maybe 2 years, but how do you do that. I have to find the place to study first :wink: but when i have found that, how can i come and live over there for 2 years? As a tourist i’m only allowed to stay for 3 months. Any pointers to information on this are most welcome :smile:

PasQuale,

Check out this website.

travel.state.gov/visa;foreignstuden.html

It’s not as difficult to get a student visa as it may sound. I’m friends with several students that have. The only recommendation I would give you is to apply for a visa well in advance…

Government offices in the United States have been notorious for taking two to three weeks longer than necessary to do simple processes like this.

Het allerbest! :content:

thanks, i’ll check it out. i didn’t know there existed student visa :happy:

That’s true, and they’re easy to renew. Some of the Al Qaeda who blew up the World Trade Center got their student visas renewed a few months after it happened. :eh: