Dreams stepping into reality?!?

Recently my dreaming has gotten to the point where the dreams have become just like a part of real life. To make matters more interesting they have begun to take on the forms of my anxieties and dark secrets. These dreams then extend into my real life because they are soooo real. I feel ashamed of the things that happen in the dreams.

I suppose this started happening when I had my toadstool being crucified in his bedroom dream, and they have only escalated since.

I’m not sure if the way I am moved by my dreams in unique, but I would liek to know.

This isn’t as bad as it sounds. It helps to motivate me to do the right things and work hard, because it brings to light the things I don’t want to be brought to light.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

You should not feel guilty about things you do in your dreams. They are just that. Dreams. Everything is just in your mind and you have not really harmed anyone or do anything bad. However, I too notice that when I have a really good LD that I often feel better in waking life. I have however, explored my dark side in my dreams as well. Seeking creative justice for wrongs committed against me in my waking life. These dreams don’t seem to produce any ill effects on my waking life though. I think like all things it comes back to balance. You can reek havoc in some dreams but, also use your dreams for positive enjoyment, or self exploration as well.

wow, that was put so well :bow:

Well I didn’t used to have a second thought about what happens in my dreams, but they stick with me soooo strongly and have become so real, vivid and I have perfect recall. It is to the point where it all seems like it has really happened and my brain doesn’t really know the difference.

I guess if you are doing things in your lucid dreams that you find disturbing to the point where they effect how you feel in your waking life then maybe for now just have positive LD ‘s. Hard to say for sure without knowing exactly what you problem is though.

Just remember that what you dream is not real even though it does feel real. I do not want to suggest that you stop doing something in your dreams, however disturbing, if you really need an outlet for these thoughts. Is there some way that you can express these thoughts or needs you have in a LD that will not be as disturbing to you?

toadstool,

don’t RC’s help at all?

-stranger

It doesn’t happen when I have lucid dreams… lol . I have control of those :smile:

It is the non lucid dreams.

I also experienced some kind of precog last night. I dreamed that I was laying in bed and I could smell rain and feel raindrops on my face. Today when i woke up it wasn’t raining, but by the time I got to campus it was raining and low and behold I had the exact same feleing with the scent and the few raindrops… not sure fi that qualifies… but very interesting.

On a sore note, I haven’t been lucid since saturday night. I’m usually lucid twice a week. The thing that is even more odd about it is I have been having amazingly vivid dreams. Everynight I have become concious and been controling my actions in my dreams, but they seem sooooo real that I think thats why I havn’t become lucid. Not to say odd things haven’t happened, but I am usually lucid when ever I have vivid dream, so this is just odd.

Hi toadstool,
yeh i totally understand,

but maybe you need to do more RC’s per day so then theres a good chance you’ll try it in one of those realistic dreams, and realise your dreaming.

I know its hard thought, I sometimes go days without doing an RC.

Let us know how ya go though,

-stranger

toadstool

I know what you mean. My normal dreams have also become more vivid and interesting with practicing lucid dreaming.

As for your loss of lucidity, this happens to everyone from time to time. Don’t worry your LD ‘s will soon come back

Happy Dreaming

I too have had some strange experiences in my dreams that I can not fully explain. I do not fear them though. Instead I hope that one day I will have the wisdom to explore and learn from them.

A more interesting perspective to this and a good reason for the lack of LDs(i had another this weekend, but still only two in past 12 days… not many)

I am having the most vivid dreams of my like, like I said, but when I wake up form them I am so disapointed they are dreams. Interestingly during my dreams I ask myself why am I hear, etc. I clearly am “aware” this isn’t real on some level, but it is like I really want it to be real.

I’ve experienced this for periods in the past. I act like I am in a dream during the dream, but it is like I am pretending it is real and when I wake up I’m not suprised.

As a general rule my dreams have become as enjoyable as my LDs.

toadstool

I am not sure but I think I am finally starting to realize what your problem is.

Your normal dreams are becoming so real and vivid that you are unable to realize that it is a dream and become lucid. Is that accurate?

Partially… lol, but they have become so vivid and connected with outstanding recall that I am having trouble convincing myself after I wake up that I was just dreaming that entire lifetime that just happened in my dreams… lol

Hi toadstool,

i dont know enough to be particularly helping you but ill give my opinion,

you should learn from this, I think having long dreams that seem a lifetime, might give you hints.

Firstly, when you say you wake up and wish it was ‘real’, I’de like to tell you that it IS real, just as real as your current waking life is real.

Life IS a dream, we WILL wake up from it some day and realise it, just like you have done in other dreams of such nature, that I can promise you,

Have you tried meditation? If not, I urge you to try it, I am sure it will answer a lot of your questions too,

Take care,
-stranger

I’m inclined to agree with him.

If you are not voluntarily doing things that you think are bad in your dreams, then they act as something to learn from… you cannot advance as a person while holding onto irrational fears and negativity, and all that… it has to be purged somehow, and what better way to do it than by dreaming?

Accept them, analyze them, and try and learn from them.

On the other hand if you are LUCID or “semi-lucid” like you describe where on a level you know it’s a dream but you think it’s real and try and go along with it… then you really shouldn’t be engaging in activities you feel to be wrong.

I have done many “bad” things in LD s that I later wonder why I do it, and whether those people are “real” and I think it’s why the whole demon/sex thing started happening, maybe. So I’ve cut down on it and tried to ask permission and such… and decided there are better things to do while fully lucid…

But I understand what you are saying about maybe knowing it’s a dream but not caring and wanting it to be real… often times I’m a tiny bit lucid to control what I want to do and where I want the dream to go… but I fall back and treat everything as if it were real… and sometimes get sad when I know I’m about to wake up.

But the most comforting thing you can know is it IS real? Isn’t it? What is reality but our sensory perceptions? You were THERE? Weren’t you? Then it may as well have been real.

During a very enjoyable dream with some girl I expressed my sorrow to her that none of this is real and that we would part soon… and she said to be “but this is real isn’t? Aren’t we right here, right now?” and that was the most awesome thing a DC (if she was a DC) could ever say to me… it’s so true.

i’ve known it for some time, but having it affirmed to me like that… made it all the more special.

And you’re having precognitive experiences and sychronicity, so… I personally see those as signs that you are on the right(ish) track and to keep at it… don’t worry about it though… at first I kind of had problems with dream/reality and felt really weird and out of place… but… you know… I just treat them more or less the same now… I don’t worry about the real differences between the two.

No I don’t try to fly or kill people in “life” but I don’t have any clear cut boundaries of ‘NO THIS ISN’T REAL’ and “YES, this is real”

I just go with it… try and find fun and peace with it… and try not to worry…

i also went through a lot of nightmares and disturbing dreams (and sitll do) upon really getting ON TRACK with my dream activities and goals… for a long time everytime i’d be lucid i’d encounter spiders, as I knew I had to get rid of that fear (and i haven’t gotten rid of it) but I convinced myself not to worry about them and in a way that would be a form of getting over them… and now i don’t usually see them.

i suppose i’ll have to directly confront them sooner or later though.

But… well… good luck with it all… just stick with the dreams and try to learn something from them… I personally think goin through things like that means you are in a process of purification and are heading the right way.

on one last note:
do you (or anyone else) ever feel like you could force yourself awake when bad things happen to you? This happens to me a lot lately… and I kind of worry I’m going crazy… but I want to think maybe someday I’d be able to, that life is a dream… but I worry that I’ll end up doing something really bad (not intentionally though, hopefully) and believing it never happened, yet still face dire consequences for it. I don’t know… it’s like walking around with a lightheaded floating feeling… and lots of deja vu.

When we die, we wake up from it to our reward. We take with us the good that we do, in that sense we could call it dreamlike. We can’t get anything from dreams into our life, except what we do in dreams. Thats my two cents on this.

If you ever read my posts, you’ll know I agree that life is just a dream… heh…

When the bad things happen I’m not lucid, because I wouldn’t do something that is against my “ideals,” or that would make me feel bad in an LD because I do what I want… heh… if I want to do it I wouldn’t feel guilty. I do learn from these though and at least try to apply my lessons.

As far as the meditation goes… I have done it much less often, but I experiemnt with meditation, chakras and self hypnosis among other altered conciouness things :smile: Check out that learning how to operate your brain topic I often post to.

Speaking of semi-lucid last night was a perfect example. I was fighting some bad guys on some desert plain in the middle of the night, protecting a large number of people. I was doing things that I can’t do, but I was choosing what to do. It was the usual experiential observer of the classic ND. I would climb up the walls of the building in the middle of no where. Then when I jumped off the bulding I grabbed onto a ledge and slowed myself down and then jumped the rest of the way. This building was like 50 meters high… heh. So i am clearly in control and am aware that there aren’t real consequences for my actions (like jumping off buildings) and am able to control the outcome of events, but I go along with the dream any way.

Continuing to think about why this happens every night now, and I am exepriencing half the LDs I did last month (down from 3 each week to 1.5)… When I started to get good at my LD I started to not enjoy my LDs as much as ND, because my councious mind is not as creative as my subcouncious mind. They jsut weren’t as wild and fun. Last month I started trying to let my councious mind let go of controling everything down to the dot in my lucid dreams to maek them more interesting, and it worked. Not only where the dreams mroe stable, but they were more fun and interesting. I would basically determin what the general outcome I wanted was and then let my subcouncious do the work. These dreams REALLY feel like they are one step on the subcouncious side like the completely lucid dreams where one step on the councious side.

Make sense? Thanks for the feedback… this has gotten more interesting then I expected it to :smile:

Yes it makes perfect sense. I will sometimes just nudge my LD’s in the general direction I want them to go in and see what happens next. It can be interesting.

As for your other issues I don’t really have any more to add than what has been said.