The end of the world ....

I’ve had more than a few dreams about the end of the world…usually they involve tornadoes of some kind…like…HUGE tornadoes made of pure fire…actually I had one of those a couple nights ago.

I had this one a while ago that my school took a trip to Pakistan. We were sitting around some picnic tables and eating. I looked up at the sky and out of one of these big thunderhead clouds came a little cloud extension that exploded slowly into a huge huge mushroom cloud. I tried to call my family on a nearby payphone and it kind of worked…which was wierd because phones never work right in my dreams…but then I ran around flapping my arms and telling everyone not to eat the snow because it was radioactive (but why would there be snow in Pakistan!!!). Somehow I made it back to my hometown, and I was at McDonald’s listening to the news on their radio but they turned it to something else, I remember getting the distinct feeling that McDonald’s didn’t want me to know that Armageddon was coming…I went home and turned on the TV and there was something about Al-Quaeda trying to blow up Pakistan and that was the nuke I saw, and then the news guy said WWIII was starting and everything was blowing up…extremely real and scary.

The wierdest end of the world dream i’ve ever had was about two years ago. I was in the lobby area of a hotel, and there was this old guy there. I think he was about to die. He gave me a clear plastic tube with stoppers at both ends and went away. I opened the tube, and inside were pieces of a paper cross. I put them together like a puzzle, and somehow I knew by the way they fit that the world is going to end on january 27th (don’t know the year). I don’t know how, but I knew - total certainty. Very strange.

I had a dream once in which a girl told me to run away and not get touched by anyone cos I had to save the earth…i got touched, so i went back in time, but i got touched again so i went back again…and then my time was up so i looked at the sky which was amazing, it had huge bolts of purple lightning and i shouted “oh just let the world be f****ing saved already” and it was.

(oh and I’ve been sucked up in a tornado in a dream before, NL, and it wasn’t very interesting, maybe if I’d been L it might have been cooler.)

That’s great about the Pakistan/McDonald’s dream… I’m only saying this because I work at McDonald’s. But all I hear on the news is the same old Iraq stuff… oh well.

I crave thrill rides (like rollercoasters) so I’d be up for spinning around in a tornado. Hopefully it won’t kill me in my dream :content:

I had a EndOfTheWorld dream some nigths ago. I was in my bedroom with two friends of mine when i look to the window and feel something wrong with the sea. Sudendly, a HUGE tsunami comes towards there, and i got ejected from my bedroom to the streets.

what are you going to do to stop it?

if it is the end of the world then we will still exist somehow in some form…

we will only lose our bodily consciousness…

bring on 2012… just kidding i am not going to be a negative biatch… well… i am not at all:D

cheer up:D

yeah end of world dreams are usualy spectacular by the looks of it, if ony we were lucid to apprciate them,

In mine i was in the city and the armagedin was coming-certain people were able to be saved but not me:( -so i wandered the streets and spoke to people i knew-i had that ultimate feeling of dispair that nothing could help me. It was quite a long and in depth dream and i think i wrote in down in my DJ but all i can remember now is that in the end all these demons and stuff started appering,and no1 wanted to belive it was real.

scary at the time, but i wish i had more similar dreams-they are like interactive movies, and the graphics-wow!
bring on the end of world dreams

I still remember two end of the world dreams. In one i was on a huge spaceship that was going to take us somewhere else. I met some people i knew. I was happy for each one i met who made it off the surface before the world ended. I thought i was more happy to see them than they were to see me. I wish i had been lucid - it would have been cool to explore that spaceship!

The other dream was more bizarre because there was no hope for anyone and there was a weird feeling of some kind of festival. I was standing at my parents balcony watching the planet that was going to hit us coming closer. And then we saw that it was a red copy of the earth, like it had been out there all the time, destined to kill us.

I had a bizzare end of the world dream:

It took place in cold war era and I actually saw how USSR and USA went to war with each other. I was an observer and could see what both sides are thinking… It was pretty cool.
A great moment is this dream: I could see Russians launch every rocket they had. It was very very vivid.

In the end, earth was annihilated and I was killed

I have had 3 end of the world dreams in a pretty short while. In the first one, Earth was suppose to be destroyed by giant astroids (yup! excatly like in the movies). The gouvernment however, denied all knowledge of this, and said it was just a bad joke (they broadcasted a radio message as people were nervous all over the world, apparently). I didn’t really trust the broadcast, because when I went outside there were lots and lots of fighter planes flying around. A new broadcast came along, and explaned that the planes were there because they were part of some filming for some extra scenes for the DVD release of “Silence of the lambs”. The poor excuses were not believed by anyone, and there were full chaos outside by the time I woke up.

In the second and third dream, Earth was invaded by UFOs. In the first UFO dream, there were a giant UFO right outside my house, and the whole place was filled by this blue light. I was scared like hell, btw. I was lucky enough to wake up as this happened, as the whole house were falling appart.

In my second UFO dream, a UFO once again came by my house, right after a few important people had been moved to “secure” places by the gouvernment. A blue ray of light came after me from outside, but even though I was scared and sure I was awake, I decided to do a RC, and became lucid. Then I just teleported to another location, and changed the dream completely.

Nuclear war! :happy: - Sadly dident see any missiles only the flash and cloud, but was very unexpected :smile:

So sudden and unexpected i forgot to “duck & cover” :open_mouth:

I’ve dreamt of my town being destroyed but not the whole world. Perhaps I will after Thursday when I watch ‘The day after tomorrow’ at the cinema. can’t wait to see that :happy:

I had a dream about the end of the world too.
If you can find my old DD that has like 5 post in it you can read it.

I have had one dream where the world ended. And it just happens to be one of my favorite dreams. Atleast the part where the world ended was.

What happened was I was walking along with my girlfriend and then I looked over and this huge mountain erupted in a tower of lava. The ground started to break off into chunks and fall down towards the center of Earth. It was as if the whole planet was imploding into itself.

I started to just from chunk to chunk of ground as I started to fly down into the center of Earth. Me and my girlfriend stopped and held eachother for a moment.

Very emotional dream.

I had another similar dream where I couldn’t find my girlfriend, then minutes later I got caught up in a plot where I had to sacrifice myself in order to save the world. I remember I was crying in my dream, because I was so sad I would never get to even say goodbye to her and my friends and family. The things that told me I had to sacrifice myself were flying/talking stuffed animals. It was raining out, but when the rain hit the ground it would turn into snow. I remember yelling ‘But the world is so beautiful now that I have to leave.’ This one is actually my favorite dream that I have ever had.

the bad part of that movie is that it’s based upon truth.

The Pentagon says climate change is a bigger threat to national security than terrorism, but bush has tried to suppress those findings from the public and continues to not care about the environment.

The report states it might already be too late to prevent devastating future happenings… that much of Europe will turn into a siberian climate, we will see water shortages, nuclear war would be likely eventually… as will police states and whatnot.

It’s a Pentagon report, not some sort of paranoid conspiracy theory.

observer.guardian.co.uk/internat … 13,00.html

So yeah :smile: I had dreams about that last night in fact. NY got flooded, we got flooded (my fault for making it rain to put out a fire lol) and we got nuked.

i wonder if that movie is going to be any good or is just going to be cheezy propoganda, I liked “the core” but I didn’t like the typical happy hollywood ending and whatnot. Armageddon was great but I was too young to be a film critic back then.

I highly doubt what the report says is anything to worry about. Our government likes to stretch things a bit. A big example is the report yesterday ‘There will be a terror attack this summer’. They tell us this despite not knowing where and when…so why tell us? Our government likes to put fear into us to keep up undercontrol and looking in certain directions.

that’s a good point

but the thing is it isn’t just our government it’s the governments of the world, so if this is just a fear type thing then the “conspiracy” goes really deep and they obviously WANT us to not like Bush.

So either way we vote we are screwed.

Yeah recently i had a dream that meteors were raining, the sky looked pretty with punctured clouds. I also leaped a street really nicely but my friend bounced of a car. Later in the dream i found out that this “friend” was some guy with a demonic voice, maybe the devil? But he screamed and once his mouth opened a white light consumed me and i woke up. It was a really cool dream…

When you die, that is the end of the world for you.

Ha ha ha! This thread is pretty old and yet no one has deleted Ampout’s triple post! What the heck, guys?

“It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine. . .”

–REM (maybe cause he [Michael Stipe] was in REM sleep when he sang it. You know, enjoying a lucid dream or something. . .)

i dreamt i was stanging on an high spot in town, and looking out over town, and i could see a mile away on a football field, there were like 10 tornados spaced over a square mile or something, so i ran down there to warn my friends and stuff…then i cant remember anymore, think i had this dream 10 years ago or something, now thats dream memory for ya :smile: