Malicious DCs and Failing RCs

I’d like to take a second to remember…

DREAMS CAN BE AFFECTED BY PLACEBOS!

Okay, i’m done. Obviously you’ve gotten too confident or something, and you’ve been forgetting to believe you can dream lucidly. Either that, or your subconcious is working against you. (which I highly doubt, as I always thought the subconcious was emotion-less)

Try the hold nose RC. The more RC’s the better, keep doing different ones until one works!

Try this, if you are afraid of feeling pain by a bullet. Then, when every dream starts conjure up some Codien or pain killers, or even Cocaine (its a pain killer).

Then, take the drugs in your dreams… Now, you could get shot 100 times and not even feel one thing!

I have gotten shot before in a dream. It was like a year ago durring a pretty long LD, I was in an alley and all of a sudden 5 men in suits appeared, one of them told me I had to pay for what I had done ( I still wonder what the hell i did lol) so I started to run away from them, I was running so fast that I thought I had lost them, but than a one of them appeared in front and pointed his gun at me, at exactly that time, I thought “am I dreaming?” and I looked at my watch and it said 88:88 lol and just to make sure I tried to traspass the wall next to me with my finger and i did, so while I was all happy, he shot me, and the bullet went through my chest. it was a weird feeling… very hard to explain, my chest got kinda stiff and i couldnt move, than I saw that I didnt have a wound, I just had a hole were the bullet went in. no blood or anything. so since by that time I already knew I was dreaming I just made a riffle appear in my hands and shot them, than I transported myself to another place.

I’ve spent an entire dream doing almost nothing but taking RC’s. Why? Becuase it was a boring dream. And in RL when I have nothing better to do, I just end up taking RC’s every few seconds :tongue:.

The annoying thing though - every single RC failed ><.

Infact - that’s happened twice now… stupid RC…

There seems to be a trend now with DCs who try and prevent LDs…

Proof that they are more than dreams perhaps.

If a DC tried to prove to you that it isn’t a dream, tell them to take an RC. I use that to convince my DC’s that it is really a dream :grin:.

Not for me. I blink and the time changes. It’s funny standing in front of a clock and blinking really fast :happy:. The clock just goes crazy :grin:.

Daedalus

It’s been a few days. Are things getting any better for you?

No, I suspect that this shows that DCs act how you expect them to act. After reading this thread, it may seem odd that some people’s DCs actually understand lucidity!

Well, last night my DC’s were acting normal (they believed me that it was a dream). But then I thought about this thread and then they started trying to convince me it was real life…

Stupid thread…

Still, they failed (I think - I can barely remember the dream…)

You might wanna try working with computers (NO INTELLIGENT ROBOTS) for a while… maby find some info in your subconcious on why DCs will try to disprove your lucidity

Maybie its a phenomenon…

because, I noticed something similiar:

I had about 6 lucid dreams or so +/- 1 or so, not sure…

but, in two of them, some of the dream characters would just start to hit me and stuff. the first time, I just tossed the DC out a window, and the other time I told the DC to stop because this is nothing more than a dream… lol then I took a potted plant and telekenesed it up and threw it against the wall with GREAT force hehe… that DC was like huh? wtf!

I wonder what this means lol!

A DC attacked me last night. He transformed into Batman (I think), the Invisible Man and then Wonder Woman.

Well, I haven’t had a lucid dream since, but I’ve already broken my record for most LDs in a month (TWO!!), so I’m pretty happy. Besides, It is only the eighteenth.

I really like all the ideas concerning what I should do to those scheming DCs. This is a BIG HELP by the way, seeing as these forums are a big influence upon what I decide to do in an LD. I’m thinking maybe I should make my DCs sink halfway into the ground so they’re trapped. Then I’ll give them an anaconda to play with. Don’t worry. When they’re being eaten I’ll tell them it is a dream.

Then I’ll whip out an M4A1 colt… (ten hours later)… and when I run out of needles… (a few days afterwards)… followed by a kick to… (next month)… after I run them through a gauntlet with crazed cannibals who haven’t eaten in days.

The only thing I have to fear is retaliation, seeing as my subconscious hates me. I think though that practice with LDs will help me in that respect (mwa ha ha :devil: ).

Sorry I can’t be more help I only had one time where a DC messed up my LD. The DC flat out told me that I was not dreaming. I almost believed the DC and I had to do a RC to reassure my self. Once I knew I was dreaming again the DC soon realized that was a BIG mistake.

The only other thing I can suggest is to develop a few more reliable RC ‘s. Don’t rely on just one.

Good Luck and Happy Dreaming

I bet those miserable DCs are sorry now. They’re going to think twice before even daring to impede my progress after what I did to them last night!

I had an LD last night where I became lucid IN A PRISON CELL! Yes, that’s right. I entered lucidity trapped.

First off, there were two DCs in the cell with me. I told them to tell me when I was dreaming in the future, and I zapped them out.

Then it was payback time.

The door to the cell was locked, so I walked through the door. Three DCs decided to try and restrain me, so I whipped out a pistol and blew off their heads. I’m not normally violent, but it seemed like such a good idea at the time. Hopefully they’ll “think” twice before pulling anything else. Heh heh. I know that they aren’t real, but it is still nice to exact a little bit of vengeance.

Glad to hear about your LD 's are back. :partying_face:

Yes, it is sometimes nice to exact a little LD vengeance. :devil:

I’ve only experienced about 1 proper speaking DC (I’ve only had 1 LD after all). It was quite basic, I asked her for sex and I got it.:smile:

Maybe your DCs are like this cause you’ve treated them badly? Or maybe you’re not entirely convinced that you’re in control? You HAVE to be.

PLACEBO you guys should talk to your DCs, ask them to stop being violent to you,a nd tell them you won’t be randomly violent to them, make a truce… and then, tell them you don’t appreciate it when they try to disrupt your lucidity, and that you ARE a lucid dreamer, so they need to get used to it, and they need to schedule you hour long high recall LDs once per night, or once per week, or whatever…

and you know, expect them to accept.

it’ll work.
PLACEBO

it really will work though, it’s like self hypnosis in a way I think, unless the DCs aren’t part of you, then you might be screwed.

I told those witches in that dream world dream (i have a thread about it in beyond dreaming) to come get me and take me back to that place and they haven’t yet, maybe they will tonight. (saying that to hopefully make it true)

holy reality wrote:

You might be right about this. I once banished a DC and that DC never returned again. I think I must have sent my subconscious a strong message that I did not want that person to return ever. It worked. So I would say yes, that you could send a message to your subconscious by talking to your dream characters.