Who here has played a Commodore Amiga?

They were cool :grin:.

The games were cool… Syndicate… Nuclear War… Brutal Sports Football…

BLATANT PLUG if you had an Amiga there’s a cool Amiga forum at

www.classicamiga.com

END OF BLATANT PLUG

yes…

GO DAMNIT! :tongue:

I had an amiga 500? I think that was it. I had syndicate, that was way cool, also had a noddy colouring game, which…wasn’t so cool! Had an alien game too which was good but cant remember what it was called, I had loads of games for this, it was amazing, but we forgot to pack it while moving house, can you believe that!!!

what other games were there?..

prince of persia…the best one!!!

there was a star trek game as well if I’m not mistaken.

Can’t remember much about it, I was about 5 at the time!

ME, I had a Amiga 500 with 512kb extra memory. I had a bunch of games and I used to play syndicate. I also had civilisation and stunt car driver. I have forgotten all the other games I had.

We had all of the Commodores at one time or another. I didn’t get much play with the Amiga though, I remember we had a spy type computer hacker game and we were amazed the computer could talk to us…LoL That computer was knackered though and we took it back and exchanged it for something else.

My fave commodore was the Plus/4. It had some cool groovy games. My fave game was Fireant…hahaa…looking at screenshots embarasses me now. The treasure island one, or was it long john silver was cool too. We had a couple of 64s and still used it up until about 8 years ago.

I hated the text based adventures…saboteur, treasure island, that kind of thing, used to drive me nuts… N…N…N…E…you are stuck in a dark forest. there is a troll there…ARGHHH!!!

I tried to play some of the games on an emulator but they didn’t work too well. Hah…imagine loading a game from a cassette tape and using dot matrix printers and plotters…seems like last century.
Oh, that’s right, it was!!

r.f

oh, my fave game EVER monkey island, the first one, that was GREAT…I loved the room with the wax lips and the moose and stuff lol

I think I had every Amiga from 500 to 1200 at some time. :smile: I remember, Frontier Elite was the best game. Octamed taught me how to make music.

PistGurl: Was it “alien breed”? That one was quite good, for that time.

i still have my good old amiga 3000.

have made a lot of anims on it and played games too :smile:

actually some of the graphics and animations on the first edition of ld4all where made on an amiga.
and there is still amiga heritage on the current edition as well.

you can’t animate better than in dpaint, i still haven’t found a pc equivalent in which you can anim with the same ease as in dpaint.

Wow, seems like alot of people had an amiga. I think that it was the best computer I have ever had. But then i got a 486 pc, because all of my friends had pc’s.
Btw, did everyone know that all the CGI in babylon 5 was make on amigas. Amigas rock, too bad commodore screwed it up :cry:

Did you know there is a PC version of dpaint? It is called “deluxepaint animation” Don’t know if it’s downloadable though. I have it. :smile:

hey thanks for the tip siiw :cool_laugh:

i’m going to check it out.

Yeah that was it! Thanks, it was going through my head and it was REALLY annoying me!