things to be afraid while lucid dreaming

yeah i dont know if you die in a dream… i really dont think that anyone ever dies… but…

yeah i have read like some books well don juan books… and in them there is allot about inorganic beings… and also powerfull beings in these other worlds which do take you into there realm…

scary stuff…

Yes you can. But, it does not effect your real body. Many people have reported that they have died in a dream with no ill effects on there dream body.

people can actually die from things in dreams I guess: The person dreams they are for example falling to the ground, and when they hit it, they have a heart attack. Many people have done this (and obviously lived) my thoughts are it wasn’t the fear of hitting the ground that caused the heart attack, but the heart failing that caused the person to dream of hitting the ground!
I really dont know if you can die in dreams, obviously, but these people would probably say so.
BTW this is VERY rare so please dont get all paranoid that youre gonna die if you go to sleep (homer simpson style!)

I wonder why I didn’t think of that… thanks!

PistGurl

Hi, again :wave:

I am curious where you heard this. Every thing I have read and my own experiences indicate the opposite. However, I always keep an open mind about things and I would be interested in hearing where you got that information from.

This is irrelevant to the thread, but I just wanted to say congratulations, milod, on reaching the 500 mark and Dream Deity status. I’ve been watching your post count for some time now and I can’t believe you jumped that far ahead of me in so little time. You’ve sure made a lot of posts in the last month. :wink:

Yeah back onnn topic. :wink:

Hi everybody, brand new to these forums and lucid dreaming. I’ve started a Dream Journal, and realized that I can remember at least one dream a night. I have a feeling (don’t know why) that this is going to come rather easy to me. But as I lie in bed almost falling asleep I get really nervous right before I am about to fall asleep, then I open my eyes. I almost end up wishing that I could fall asleep without thinking about lucid dreaming so it doesn’t happen??

I’m really interested in this and want it to happen but just wondering, did anybody else have this anxiety at first?? It’s something completely new and “out there” for me so I think that’s why, and I know once it happens I will be fine. It would just help me to hear it again I guess. :grin:

sno_isulli

Thank you.

This is such a great forum and I got to know a few people on it and have great conversations with people.

Unfortunately it is also very addicting. Once I got going I got sucked into it. ( Like Computer crack). I can’t go a day without my daily fix now.
It was also winter here so it was very cold and snowy out. Not much fun to be out side so, I did not have much to do but, be on the computer and off course LD4LL.

Anyway, spring is starting to come and I’ll be able to get out more but, I still won’t be able to give up LD4ALL.

technically it wasn’t off topic, cos it is something to be afraid of!
Get lucid and start thinking that and I’d be scared
lol, anyway…

Sorry to throw a wrench in the thread, guys, but it was the only thread to post in (cause he reached 500 HERE). So anyway. . .

Spency234: I get that as well. Even though I’ve been LDing for five years now, there are times when I am attempting to LD and I just get scared thinking about it. It makes no sense, but I almost wish I didn’t have a lucid dream. I think it is mainly connected to darkness and how uncertain and scared I get when in my house (in the LD). I don’t understand it and find it weird (esp cause I’ve had so many), but I’d be interested if anybody else got this as well. Originally I had it connected with my AP attempts (unknowing of what is “out there”) but I wish I didn’t get it with LDing. I’ve had very few bad LD experiences to get scared at the thought of having one early in the morning.

Everyone has anxieties about trying something new. Especially when comes to a topic like this. Something that seems so out of the ordinary and more like science fiction. You have no Idea what to expect or if it is even safe. All of these are normal fears that you will eventually overcome.

First let me tell you that there is nothing unnatural or supernatural about LD ing. It is perfectly safe and is no different than normal dreams except that you are aware and in control of it. The experience is truly amazing. It is something you definitely do not want to miss out on.

Yes LD ing will come easily to you.

Thanks for the responses it always helps to find out that other people are feeling the same way. I ordered a couple of books so basically I’m just waiting it out, writing out my dreams, and waiting till I go through those books before I make a serious attempt at WILD or MILD.

Spency234

If you don’t mind a suggestion:

Start to do RC as well. It is a good habit to get into now while you are still reading your books on lucid dreaming and trying to decide if you want to try WILD or MILD. This way when you start practicing you will be well ahead of the game.

Just a thought. :smile:

Happy Dreaming

I have been doing them once in a while (try to put my arm through the wall, or do the nose plug one) but I only remember to do them about 4-5 times a day. How often do you usually check these things?? I don’t think I will be able to remember every 10 min or anything like that.

You can’t die from holding your breath unless your in an area where you can’t take in any oxygens. Once you pass out you naturally start breathing

Spency234

The more RC you can do per day the better.

I would do them at least 1 an hour and in addition pick 2 or 3 targets to do a RC. ( i.e. every time I walk through a door I will do a RC )

That should get you doing 10-20 RC per day.

Happy Dreaming :smile:

:cool_laugh: What a great saying! “Must…get…computer crack…”
I’ve gotten to the point that I sneak around on school computers (which are for HOMEWORK ONLY…so stupid) just to get on and get a few more posts read!

Anyway, I digress. I think that it’s physically impossable to hold your breath long enough for you to die. I mean, if you were dying you’d probibly wake up to breathe or your body would take over, at least your dream would stop and you’d be able to breathe again!

Do RC"s as often as possable and then do more! Once in an exam I did about 50 in an hour, very distracting but oh well! There are more important things than socials finals :tongue:

charlottedreamer

Yes. I said the same a while back. If holding your breath in a LD would cause you to stop breathing then the worst that would happen is it would wake you up. However I do not think holding your breath in a LD would have any impact on your real body.

I fully agree. The more RC ’ you do the better your chances for a LD.

Im going to try Lucid dreaming tonite :smile: , ive had about 3 Lucid dreams wen i was young but i was i was always scared cause i didnt know what they were :confused: . The most vid one i remember I couldnt get out and i couldnt go past these invisible boundries and i was real scared, there was noone else there but a barn in a place i went to on holiday with a dinosaur head in it that i really liked from Drusillas Park (the tricerotops one). I kept thinking “im dreaming wake up!” and i cant get out and i just wandered back and forwards till i woke up. But it was cool when i woke up cause i realised it was just fine and i wanted to do it again. Ive had about 2 others but theyve always been nightmares and im never in as much control as i was with dat 1st one.
Happy dreaming Love Rabbit

Hey DeadBunny! Wierd name, anyway…welcome to Ld4all (yay I got to welcome someone! hugs dead bunny) I’ve heard a lot of people saying they were scared in their first LD, glad you’re not anymore and you’re GOING TO get more! Anyway, I wasn’t scared in my first one, I ran round in a circle screaming cos I was so excited…I loved it! You should get more control, I haven’t really got that much control yet, but I DO have way more now than I used to have, so it definately gets better.