Past Experience

(This is a post I wrote on the AstralPulse forums a while back(June 2003.) I found it rather interesting when I re-read it, so I decided to post it here :smile: Tell me what you guys think? I know it sounds a little weird, since I was jittery and couldn’t type correctly. I edited it to make a little more sense, but its more or less the same material.)

I woke up this morning, after comming half awake/sleep for a while. I was semi-awake, aware, but extreemly relaxed after a good nights sleep. So I said “Why not try to project…?” So my breathing became deep, relaxed, and slower(all through my nose.) After a while of changing positions: BOOM…my body tingles a little at first, then starts to vibrate like crazy! A HUGE pulsing sound going all through me. I was so excited at first, it went away, so I did the same type of breathing again and after a few moments later it came back! Full force! It was so easy to urge them to return…It felt wonderful! I tried doing the ROPE technique, but nothing really happened (probably because I was still excited) but I did feel a little more wavy than usualy…so I rolled over(I could move at this point), trying to roll out of my body, but I actually rolled the physical body and the vibrations stopped. So I tried to get them back again, it happend and I tried to roll out again (im facing the wall) So nothing really happens…but suddenly, the vibrations come to a type of flatline, and poof, they are gone. And im like…“Is that it…?” So I try to open my eyes, but I cant. Im stuck!

Sleep paralysis…wow. That was WEIRD. It stayed for a short while, but whenever I tried to move my body it got this big buzzing sound, like my body was “asleep”(Similar to when your arm or leg falls asleep). I could move my tongue in my mouth, but not actually open my mouth. So I tried to wiggle my finger, and I finally did, then I was able to move.

(This next bit is weird, I remember it slightly, but not in the detail at which I wrote it at the time)

Then I had a vision/dream of walking downstairs to tell my mom after she came up to my room to wake me up. The dog was licking the floor and she told it to stop(makes no sense.) I went down to tell her about it and I was on the stairs and I tried to tell her but she was leaving to go somewhere, so she said “Tell me later…” I finally woke up for REAL, went downstairs to tell her, and she told me to wait because I had to walk the DOG…Imagine that…:smile:? Well, im guessing that last part was a dream, a precognitive one, telling me that my mom wouldn’t tell me because of the dog that was in my room(Im lost re-reading this.)

I was just wondering if the vibrations were a dream as well…it FELT real, but the ending dream part is giving me doubts, plus the vibrations were so EASY to bring on…almost felt natural…It felt GREAT…Ok…im done!
(Second Post)
Oh yeah! Almost forgot. When I finally did tell my mom, she was like…“Thats not right Paul. Thats the work of the devil…God gave you a body for a reason, not to leave it.” That made me a little uncomfortable…and even a little angry, but im not angry at her, now.

After I read this a few times, and from previous ideas, I began to think OBE and LDing are very similar, if not the same. I cant say for sure, since I have never projected with my knowing. I was wondering all of the forum members opinions on this?

I personally think that OBE is just a conscious dream aswell…

70% of my wild’s start out by me slipping into SP, then i either walk or float out of my body, which is quite similar to what people describe as an obe…
If you do some reality testing, you will notice that it is just as unstable as normal lucid dreams… also things get more dreamlike after a while.

I think the only difference is that some people actually believe they are leaving their body, while a lucid dreamer believe it is all in the mind…
I can see how some people are convinced they are real though, specially when they have not experienced vivid lucid dreams…

But do some reality checks yourself, like maybe hiding a deck of card and then try to read it in the obe/dream.

You will find our views in For all that think OBEs are real part II

but real OBE? no.
more likely it was a type of projection-LD which is always dependent on your brain. from experience (back when I could do this :neutral: ) yes there is a difference varying in degrees between WILD and Projecting, but it’s all related to trance and trance experiences