Distributed Computing

A friend of mine told me about a way in which any computer with internet access can be used towards a good cause. This is called Distributed Computing, which is linking computer power over the internet. This power is used to cover a number of projects.

After testing out a number of these, I was satisfied with F.A.D. which runs projects aiming at many diseases such as [color=red]Cancer, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis and Respiratory Diseases.[/color] The software is interactive, they have an active and helpful forum, individual recognition and awards, statistics, and newsletters of cures and laboratory-tested results.
find-a-drug.org/

A well-sorted list of projects anyone can join, with a little description for each can be found here

Has anyone heard about this before? Does anyone participate in these? Interested in creating a LucidDreaming4All team?

I have heard about most of them before. I’m participating in seti@home. The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence at home. :alien:

Maybe we should try to connect all of your brains together into a massive big brain :tongue:

Hey that sounds interesting. I wish I could donate some power from this computer for good purpose, but it’s my dad’s. Whenever I am able to use my computer again on the internet, I’ll donate some of my cpu power when I’m not doing some graphics. :smile:

Good one Pilot!

Thanks for posting… maybe it will make a difference to our study and our future. :smile:

i’m also doing the seti@home thing :smile:

You can get this in your Google toolbar. They don’t do seti@home though; they do something considerably more useful - find protein structures.