Strange LD Inspiration, Weird Brain Triggers

Lol this is probably gonna give you all a good laugh. First to introduce the topic, which is this question: Have any of you out there have had LD’s where you are kind of not ‘all there’ so to speak, and do stuff that is kind of odd? If you still dont know what i mean let me share an experience i had last month :cool:

I was in this weird heaven type place like i was inside of an aurora borealis of many a color (mostly white with a dash of pink). This place was beautiful beyond imagination! I become lucid through dream feeling. I decide to wake up to try to return to this place.

I am in bed, and pull a WILD, return to the place very easily and with glee i sit down on some sort of slippery ‘moonrock’ surrounded by borealis ocean and just look to the horizon for awhile. I notice that the ocean keeps going and blends with the sky. I decide to wake up again just for the hell of it.

Okay so now heres what inspired the question. I wake up, return through WILD. I wake up, and then find i can just return by somehow triggering some part of my brain. (its weird, like i was suddenly given the ability to trigger a part of my brain, kind of like when you realize how to flex like a back muscle or something that you could not do before)

Well i did this i dont know how many times, and was having a great time. I was so amazed thinking ‘wow this must be what master LDer’s can do! The triggering of LD without technique or method, but through direct manipulation of ones own brain functions??? omg!!!’ :cool_laugh:

And okay now here it gets weird. At one point i started having fun and thought “i wonder if i can return from this position” as i kind of contorted my IRL physical position to all sorts of awkward positions. Like i would bend my leg like i was stretching, or put my arm behind my back. All of them worked. I remember waking up with my arm upraised held up and thinking ‘yeah right! omg woa…’ Now if that wasnt weird enough, heres the icing: I spontaneously decided to lay half off of my bed, my head with my arm as pillow on the floor while my lower torso and legs were still in the bed, blankets all messed up, etc. It worked. :tongue:

Lol i havent, unfortunately, been able to replicate such with as good as success, though nowadays i just wake up into SP from LD’s to try to project. Its too bad i forgot how to pull that mind trigger too, though i recall it being somewhere in the back of my head. Think it was right hemisphere as well. (yeah i could actually feel it, like electricity or ‘blue power’ back there ‘clicking’ something, or maybe i was just delusional and there was no physical trigger :tongue: )

So anyways, any of you pull some weird stuff while lucid but for some reason acting as if you were half asleep? :cool: I havent a doubt all of you have at least one experience, id love to hear them. :smile:

LOLOL! rofl hehe really a laugh indeed! Really one of those stories you should really try to not think about in the wrong places; like in classroom or in the elevator, bacause people will have no idea what you are laughing about!

I think this weird acting of you is typical for the situations you can have at the borders of REM sleep. I can also imagine that you lost lucidity a bit during this whole story.

It maybe is a bit like the ‘dreams’ I was suffering from some months ago, and which I call the ‘scratching my arse dreams’. In those dreams, I would be half awake, scratching my own arsehole, but not knowing what I was doing. For example, I would be dreaming that I was repairing my bicycle. The way my mind implemented this action of scratching my butthole into my dream was reaally strange and funny.

After waking up from something like this slowly, there also were some seconds in which I was really confused; I was like:“huh?? so…this is not my bicycle derailleur I am re-adjusting, but it’s my own arse!?..” It’s incredible how our mind can trick us and can let totally different situations flow into each other like nothing!

sounded like a great LD in the aurora

Often I end up inside dreams trying to WILD, or trying to turn off music or noise not disturb my ‘wild attempt’. often I move around or see normally, thinking great, I’ve ruined it, I opened my eyes, I moved by mistake etc. really confusing.

“And okay now here it gets weird. At one point i started having fun and thought “i wonder if i can return from this position” as i kind of contorted my IRL physical position to all sorts of awkward positions. Like i would bend my leg like i was stretching, or put my arm behind my back. All of them worked. I remember waking up with my arm upraised held up and thinking ‘yeah right! omg woa…’ Now if that wasnt weird enough, heres the icing: I spontaneously decided to lay half off of my bed, my head with my arm as pillow on the floor while my lower torso and legs were still in the bed, blankets all messed up, etc. It worked.”

well i don’t want to burst your bubble? But did you RC?

I am inclined to believe you never woke up, at all…

Now I know you thought you did, becuase well, I’ve been through it, I’ve done some amazing stuff that I was crushed to find out wasn’t real…

I’ve done consistant clock and nose checks and confirmed that I was awake, only in the end, I turned out to be wrong… I’ve sat there in bed feeling my body, taking in my surroundings, feeling the vividness of it all, every little detail, so intricate, thinking “there is no way this is a dream, not at all” only to prove myself wrong with RCs…

the bedroom, your sleeping body… they are VERY easy for you mind to reproduce so well that you can fail RC after RC sometimes…

I do not think it to be conventionally possible to dream with your arm up in the air really, that defies all notions of REM… it is said that people can OBE and meditate and project and such without going into REM, so I guess you could theortically bypass paralysis, but then what keeps you from acting out where you are?

I don’t know.

It could have happened, I totally understand what you are saying about finding a trigger to get back there, but in my experience, every trigger i’ve found, every meditational breakthrough/revelation, it turns out i was already sleeping when I had them.

I can go in and out of paralysis pretty easily, but the amazing techniques, like … “triangle” and keywords I had just given myself… usually they only work because I’m already dreaming of myself being in bed, so whatever I want to happen, happens.

There are exceptions sure, but really… RC RC RC RC RC the hell out of yourself if you ever go through something like that again.

One time I convinced myself I shot ice on my wall, for real… I don’t know why, but I was sure I was awake and I think I may have done an RC… so…

The mind can be very deceitful.

"I am inclined to believe you never woke up, at all… " LOL but then why am i right here, typing this post. RC yeah, im not dreaming…hmmm

^^^ LOL just joking there i know what you really mean

Well i know that the middle of it was pretty shaky (esp the waking with arm raised lol!) , but i do know that my last position tried was the laying half off of my bed. Cuz after returning to the place from that position i woke up there, with one of my legs still up there and my other one kind of bending down off the edge of my bed, pretty uncomfortable but it was cool. Got up, kind of stretched myself out, lol, and then first thing i did was write the whole thing down excitedly. Tried to return after writing it but could not, twas all gone. Now, i guess you could say that maybe i never did wake up and go into that position and go back to sleep but that i was just falling out of my bed (though i never do) and that sort of reflected into an FA and my thinking i was returning from it. All i know for sure is that i woke up that way. FUnny though i dont remember what LD right before i woke up, think it was just a spontaneous waking, lol maybe cuz my body couldnt take any more. :tongue:

Yeah, ima pull RC crazy next time something like that happens. Good idea. :happy:

LOL JJJ thats hilarious! Yeah, the blending of totally different things. THe mind is amazing :smile:

LOL pilot yeah that is sort of similar to what something i sometimes go through where i am trying to pull a WILD and then i dont know where the heck i am in regards to dream world or reality. hehe thats why i wish that when the symbolic and extremely abstract part of the mind starts activating that it wouldnt sweep me along with it so!

hehe the scratch your ass dream things lol…I’ve never done that…no… :eek: hehehe It’s really stupid! And the dream thing with the waking up moving and thinking you’ve woken up, done that loads…I know you can’t move when dreaming, but when I’ve been trying to stablise a dream by rubbing some material, and I wake up rubbing my bedclothes, I think for **** sake…now I have to try and get another one…and I go to sleep!

wow you know what… forget about RCs, I guess just keeping a piece of paper and pen by your bed is more than enough to test the realness of these things… that’s a good idea.

I’ve done it before, but I haven’t really thought of the implications for testing the realness of something that I just did…

about the only useful time was when I woke up while still seeing dream images, and I was so unsure if it was real that i did a brief rc and immediately made a terrible drawing of it, because I figured then I could just forget about it, go back to sleep, and hope the drawing was there when I woke up.

as for the scratching… i think your immune system/mind is in control of your body while sleeping, so it could roll itself over or swat away flies, or even scratch while you are dreaming

but having that come into your dream content like that is crazy… that happens to me in genius ways with outside noise sometimes, but that’s about all i’ve noticed.