Music to listen to

I’m not a fan myself, too. But I saw the video on the Daredevil dvd…

A new suggestion: playing the music from the Solaris movie (2002)… It’s really dreamlike, the movie involves dreams so the music might trigger a memory (association with dreams).

Monroe Institute has some nice binaural beats and a big selection

I listen ambient music, so here is few artists:

Steve Roach
Vidna Obmana
Robert Rich

You should also check out Aphex Twins 2CD called “Selected Ambient Works 2”. Very relaxing.

comfortably_numb, the first time i heard that Radiohead song 'everything in it’s right place(in the movie Vanilla Sky)it was bliss. that whole cd(Kid A)is wonderful and great for falling asleep to. An even better one by them for sleeping is Amnesiac. ‘Like Spinning Plates’ is so hypnotic, i fall asleep whenever i listen to that song when i’m tired in bed. tonight im going to try listening to the Donnie Darko soundtrack. great movie, great music, and it seems so peaceful(for the most part)and content. i’ll post tomorrow on wether or not the soundtrack helped. peace and love.

i eventually wound up listening to the moon & antarctica by modest mouse. that put me to sleep just fine.

if anyone is interested in downloading some tracks for lucid dreaming and more, please visit puxis.tk. i’m downloading fomr p2p and posting links on ftp. I have planty of anything so if interested, check later again.

I always listen to Metropolis by Dream Theater during my sleep. Any music will really do, because the only perpose it serves for me is to make me realize that I am awake when I wake up in the middle of the night, or else I just lie there. When that happens, I try to do a WILD. So, like I said, any music is good, but it might as well be some good kick ass progressive metal.

Wakeup you have incredible music taste…and movies!. Donnie Darko is an amazing movie, and finally, somebody else likes Modest Mouse!. The moon & antartica is their best album too.

:cool: yes donnie darko and modest mouse are quite awesome. my favorite movie is fight club, and my favorite band is the pixies. or the beatles. but im going to see the pixies on thursday!!! im so excited i might crap my pants. ok not really. but still its gonna be awesome.

I’ve recently discovered Porcupine Tree, which has some really awesome psychodelicious trancy music. Haven’t thought to try it for LD yet, but I will tonight, from the In Absentia cd. Gonna pick one or two of the best candidates from it and let them loop.

The music I listen to is all by Nobuo Uematsu. I’m a big Final Fantasy fan and personally, I think alot of the music from the soundtracks are perfect for creating a nice dream.

Some songs I would definitely recommend:

Final Fantasy X - Someday The Dream Will End
Final Fantasy X - Underwater Ruins <–works for me especially
Final Fantasy IX - Terra
Final Fantasy IX - Bran Bal, The Soulless Village

gone

nah, i haven’t heard of them, but i have heard alot of cover groups that have arrangments of the music. really good stuff!

Hey guys.
Try out this site, I dunno if you’ve heard of it but it’s got free Brainwave music: lucidquest.com/dwnld.html

I downloaded “Mind Balance Exercise” and “Mind Balance Exercise II” and I found that my Dream recall increased dramaticly, I also have found it has helped with WILD, having achieved WILD once with it.
You have to listen to it with headphones aswell.

I’ve listened to the animal focus one, cos I’ve been searchin for it (thanks) and I’ve just sat at my comp, with my eyes closed…and I feel cross eyed now…and floaty. I don’t like this…shudders but I love the sounds on there

My fave LucidQuest track is CommonGravity - long version.

I’ll be getting the CD soon as I set up a paypal account that I can use. I like the bubble one too…can’t remember the name of it.

Very cool music, you should ALL check it out!

Who was it that was going to make an experiment with LucidQuest music?
searches forum
AHA!
LucidSkyDreams…must PM and ask him.

I wouldn’t mind doing an experiment of some kind with this music. I’ve had some weird reactions while listening to it in the past.

r.f

…apart from bands that were already mentioned like radiohead, tool, nine inch nails (i love falling asleep to the instrumental/melodic tracks off “the fragile”) another band that are really, unh, slumbersome is sigur ros. they’re from iceland (i think, possibly it’s some other nordic country) and they make this wonderful kind of hazy murmury drifty sounding music…mmm, also i do like moby a lot, various bits and pieces of trance/ambient, aswell the soundtrack to “serial experiments lain” (perhaps because it reminds me of the anime, which in itself is quite surreal and dreamlike sometimes)…oh, and mogwai!

moby is awesome. so is NIN. ive heard alot about sigur ros, but never heard them. maybe i shall download some songs. my favorite band to fall asleep to right now is Interpol. turn on the bright lights is a great cd, and all the songs are on kazaa and the other file sharing thingys. their singers voice is very soothing. and i love the bass, very dreamy.

Hey … if you guys don’t mind a little shameless self-promotion, I’d like to recommend my own CD Ancient Future. :music:

It’s very mellow and relaxing. Two of the tracks even have “dream” in the title: “Dreamdrift” and “The Dream Gate.”

For samples of all 10 tracks, go here: cafeshops.com/cp/browse/?No= … &Ntt=amira

For downloadable versions of two of the tracks, go here: acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so … 568&T=1055

Cheers! :beer:

Sage Goddess, a/k/a Amira

You should absolutely check out Sigur Ros! I love his music and it’s very relaxing. But, the first time I listened to one of his cd’s and tried to WILD at the same time, this track with horrible screams and howlings came, really scary. I thought it was HI and had to check it the day after… :wink: