Shared Dreaming

well that would b hard 2 do mystic let me think… Freud believed that everything that he needed to know about people was from the sub c. he was very interested in the sub conscious, and i am sure that if we tryed we could twist it so that : everyone that has the same dream problems are intertwined possibly in thier childhood or in the dream state, if it was their child hood then the dreams have no logical purpose, but if thier dreams are the same there is some evidence that there is a dream plane that these people are connected on:

On regards to the rest of freuds theory that is not so far fetched, but then i never liked his theory, i havent read a great deal of Jung yet is he good, i know what did to his rep but that is about all i know,…

Richard $D

Yes Dm7, you’re making sense :smile: So there are actually a few possibilities on how to apply the theory of EM waves on the shared dreaming issue. Do you think there’s a way to determine the theory which fits best?

@TS: Hm I didn’t know Freud was onto the shared dreaming thing… But he doesn’t seem to explain it all that much. He only explains the possibility of shared dreaming, because people with dream problems might have the same kind of dreams. Seems pretty vague to me…

lol mystic that was my lame twist on Freuds theory, i dont think he had the brain power to even think of somthing close to shared dreaming imo he was a compleate nut.

Nice post count btw.

oh i am printing this topic out lol good ideas here :razz:

Lol yeah Freud had some crazy ideas, but in his time period those ideas were revolutionary. You have to consider that too. It’s not so easy to start a revolution in the general way of thinking :smile:
So he may seem like a nutcase nowadays but nevertheless he’s the founder of psychoanalysis and one of the great minds in the history of psychology.

This topic is to long for me to read completly. So I’ve read about half.

You asume that it’s that type of reality by nature. Are you sure you don’t have to encode signals across a dream plane, in order to communicate with each other.

Different frequencies gain different properties and loose others etc.

I think that it is a dream plane. Or some kind of plane that is not physical, but a plane of emotion and thought. THis would make sense, as modern science can’t explain why I have the sesne of pain. And other things also, like guilt, happy, pleasure, sad and angry etc. It would make sense to have another plane of existance where only thoughts and emotions are transmitted.

But it must be hard to sperate millions of thoughts and emotions from everyone elses. So you don’t hear anybody else, just yourself, as those thoughts are your own, and you thought them up. (I you see what I mean).

So a dream plane is only turned into a physical world by your mind. Really it has no space or volume, it just exists as a place of though and emotion.

I belong to a dream team at the sealife forums (The SkyBreakers), and I tried to have an SD with Gecko (one of the members of the team). He said he had a dream where someone asked him if they could help him with lucid dreaming. Wether that ws me, I don’t know. I had no dream recall that day. But the person he saw was himself. So I theorised that sinse he had never seen me in person, himself was the next clossest thing to something real, i.e. other than a made up dream charecter. Prehaps this was his dream trying to show him that who he was talking to was real. Lol.

Did you have recollection of the dream? If not I don’t think that qualifies as a shared dream. It sounds more like you where a DC in his dream, but it was… him?

hmm that is a little unfair. Granted if there is no recall at that stage then well hard to explain, i have woken up from amny a lucid dreams with no recall and only a stabbing feeling and a yelling voice in my mind telling me i had a lucid, later that day it came back to me. Maybe the same will here too, although i see where you are comming from

Mystic i totaly agree with you there, has was a man of great reputaion and he sure did change the way of thinking and for that i am very greatful, for without it who knows where we would be today. But now that we live in a time where half of his ideas are counted as crazy, but there are stil lso many people that follow his ideas. But lol, this is not the place for me to rant on about Freud. maybe i will somewhere else :razz:

Peace 4 now

Richard :bounce:

Let me think about it. :wink: A lot of things happened to me lately and I’m still shaky by what happened. I need some time to recover. :smile:

I will be back with you later. Mkay? :wink:

Nothing bad I hope? :eh:
Take your time hehe :smile:

@Technodreamer: yes in my dream team there are also two people who might have had a shared dream. But it’s so damn difficult to determine the value of such claims. Because both were mentally working on a SD, the idea must have influenced their subconsciousness greatly. The persons they saw in their dreams might be DCs created by their expectations of having a SD with the other person. The looks of the DCs and even the entire environment of the SD are probably greatly influenced by the ideas, assumptions and expectations about each other, which were created in their subconsciousness, prior to the dream, and based upon their mutual posting in the forum. That’s the real problem with SDs: you can’t pinpoint certain objective criteria by which SDs must satisfy in order to proof their authenticity. Unless ofcourse both have exactly the same dream with each in their role, viewing the overlapping dream plot from their own position. Maybe then… but it’s still no real evidence. Unfortunately such striking comparable dreams are extremely rare.

Thats why I think in order to qualify something as a shared dream both parties must recall their dream, lucid or not, and must give similar accounts of the events in the dream (of course from their own perspective and not the others).

I don’t believe to have a shared dream you have to see eachother in a dream, but instead have your dream world be aware of the others dream world.

The closest thing I had to a shared dream is posted at the beggining of this topic, but like I said I’m not sure if I would qualify it as shared dreaming or coicidence.

Mystic: Everything’s fine now. My grandma had a heart attack yesterday and everything were so stressing and crazy for me. Took me a while to recover. She will be ok. What a wild day. Lol. Ok… let’s see…

Well, if you’re seeking for some proofs or some kind of confirmation(s) to show which theory is right or mostly right, then why don’t we have an experiment on sharing dream in that lucid laboratory? To see if that dream plane exists by trying to meet at a common place like that infamous Crossroads (I think that’s what it’s called) and have a shared dream with people there. And experiment with oneness (EM waves theory is the key of oneness and integration). You could result them based on dream plane theory assumption and EM waves theory assumption and see which results in having a shared dream the most… that dream plane theory or that EM waves theory. Also experimenting with various people would give you a sight of if they were able of doing it if they don’t meditate at all or something. People could also experiment with telepathy and pay attention to how it works. A telepathy plane? Or EM waves? Pay attention to who can do it or who can’t do it at all.

I think you get my idea of experimenting. Of course, experimenting itself will not give you 100% straight answer to your theory, but it can give you some sights and point you to a better theory if possible. I have done some experiments with Crossroads before, but I won’t reveal the details in case if y’all agree on experimenting to confirm which theory fits the most. What do you think? It can give you the firsthand experience. :wink:

That’s quite a coincidence. I just read that book called, Mind Wide Open. It discusses a bit about Freud’s theory and how in modern days we still use some of Freud’s ideas. The bizarre ideas of his mainly are that we always must have a sex. Our brain is designed to drive us to sex, but we also have ‘repressed’ drives. It keeps us occupied so we don’t always have a sex. We act on our needs and sex is our major need, but we don’t always act on that powerful drive because we also have other needs like serving each other. Socializing. He believes that we have evolved from sexual drive. We have dominant emotions to fulfill our needs especially with sex and food (pleasure) and the powerful emotion of fears to keep us safe from potentially dangerous situation(s). I don’t recall him talking about shared dreams though. Anyways, I find that Freud’s theory is quite interesting and quite bizarre, but I agree with mystic that in his time period those ideas were revolutionary. It started a spark for us to start with. Who knows if our theories being discussed here has become famous in the future and is considered bizarre later in their time? :wink: Imagine them saying, “Wow, mystic, Dm7, and people who are involved are a complete nutcase!” :grin: We have no way to actually tell that our theory is 100% right because we don’t have any right tools to confirm like Freud didn’t have any right tools to research with and figure out like we do nowadays. Sure, Freud’s theory needed some editing; nevertheless, it was a revolution. Just like how Albert Einstein started a revolution in his theory of relativity. :smile:

You’re right, I assume it is that type of reality by nature because every time I hear that word, “plane.” I think it as one kind of an unseen dimension; however, it is a world in other dimension. A plane. Just like what people call astral dimension an astral plane. If you actually think plane as a definition of a network or a hub (a representing nature), well I still come to the same conclusion. Sure, it is possible that it’s needed to encode signals across a dream plane, but it seems too complex. I’m aiming for simplification. Tell me what you have in mind? How can those signals get encoded across a dream plane? How can they be shared? Won’t that get you the same conclusion as a common place for us to meet? Why don’t we have a usual place to meet? Have you considered the possibility that we have our own dimension in our head only to be able to share with another dreamer by a higher form of telepathy? Well, I’d love to hear about what you think of that dream plane theory. :smile: I’ll still go with EM waves theory though. :wink: Convince me. Mmm, actually the more I think about it, the more I consider the possibility of the existence of this. Well, perhaps, we actually have our own unique plane like our own personality and the only way they can enter is by a form of EM waves theory, the oneness and integration. No idea though. To me, a plane defines a stable dimension or a stable world. We don’t have any stable dimension in our dream world unless you know something that I have missed? I’m just talking based on my experiences and my experiments. To me it’s like saying, “We have a general stable telepathy plane where we all can connect to and experience all people’s feelings! Feel free to connect to our plane because it’s up 24/7! However, you must pay us $1 a hour in order to be able to access or $5 a hour for a VIP access (just kidding about them billing you).” It just doesn’t make sense to me. Ok, maybe I’m lost. :wink: Please feel free to explain why you are going with dream plane theory or why you have considered the possibility of its existence.

I enjoy discussing and forming theories with y’all… it’s quite fun. :wink:
Dm7

P.S. Don’t forget to behold your own universe! :wink: :universe:

wow DM7 nice post. No Freud to my knowledge did not have anything to do with shared dreaming, i was just modifying his theory so it could, but no matter, I belive that freuds theory was invaild due to lack of science and people that he tested, but i am not gonna go into that here. he sure did a lot for psychology and for that i am tankful for.

But this topic is damn good 2night when i get back home i am gonna read through it all again and totalt get this. i love the idea of shared dreaming and even more so finding out what every one else thinks of it.

I don’t think you could get any valuable results from this… I suppose you want to experiment on this as to obtain more or less “objective” clues as to whether or not dreamplanes exist or if the EM theory is plausible. Right? Well, if people search for objective facts about a phenomenon, they take on the role of observer towards the phenomenon, and from this observer point of view they gather common aspects of the phenomenon which may lead to an objective description of it. With SDing however, this way of experimenting is impossible, because no matter how observant you’re trying to be in a dream, you’re always a participant (except for yogi perhaps, who can do a lot more with their dreams than we think is possible). The dream, or at least a part of the SD dreamscape, consists of your own mental reflections. The very act of experimenting alone will influence the results, because you’re not working with objects which can be pinpointed outside your body, but with objects which are products of your mind (or at least partially when speaking about SDing). The Crossroads might be a junction on the dream plane where our personal dream bubbles converge into a more or less solid dreamscape. But nevertheless you’ll always be able to have some thought influence over the place. You can’t escape the mind loop where the observed is inherently connected with the observer. No way you can get scientifically valuable clues from this. Unless ofcourse you really think a dreamplane exists independently of us, humans. In that case, your way of experimenting might give us some valuable clues. Otherwise… I doubt it. But ofcourse this doesn’t have to keep us from trying :smile:

There’s already an experiment done in Japan where a person in metal room where earth EM waves are blocked with yogi masters in other metal rooms focusing at this person to make him fall asleep. It is proven that there is something higher than earth EM waves cuz they still get through to this person and makes him fall asleep. So it’s called astral EM waves.

Well, I do understand we can’t really totally prove this, but it can give you some ideas. :wink:

I’m sorry about this, I’m just so excited about my new theory, I overlooked a lot of info here, so I’m sorry If someone already said this or if I’m saying total crap.

Ok, reading about that post that proves that we emit Electro-magnetic waves made me think. EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE TO ME NOW!!!

If people emit electromagnetic waves then they can CONNECT!!! CONNECT!!! Information is somehow encoded onto these waves and if EM’s connect, then the thoughts of another can mysteriously appear in another’s brain at a time in which their concious mind isn’t highly active.

This may be a very dumb theory indeed, however, I’ve discovered that when I use Chi I can boost a strange feeling in my head. Supposing this is EM waves(which it probably isn’t) it would be possible to increase the likelyhood of telepathy or even control it!!

An experiment to test my theory however would be to have a sender & reciever, the reciever tries to think of nothing to eliminate concious filters while the sender thinks about one thing. If my theory is correct then after a while the reciever (trying not to think in the slightest) will be nagged by a though that they cannot get rid of. This would hopefully be the sent thought. PATENT PENDING!!! But all are welcome to try it.

Not to spoil the moment, but it’s a little more complicated than that. Other electronic devices are capable of sending and receiving coherent information because the devices themselves store this information in identical fashions. Each device shares a common set of definitions to use for encoding and decoding the message, and so the destination device always ends up with the correct information stored in the correct order.

The human brain is remarkably different, in that the vast majority of information is stored in a way that is completely unique to that individual. Computers use a referencable array of memory addresses to store information, while the brain uses a dynamic array of linked nodes connecting concepts, ideas, descriptive facts and absolutely everything else that could qualify as volatile information (independent of physical structure).

Firstly, while the brain technically transmits information describing the pattern of activity which results from any and every thought process, this information is 100% incompatible with the mind of another person, unless both participants have completely identical brains (impossible, twins or otherwise). Secondly, interference is a completely different thing to deliberate reception, and we currently have no reason to believe (from observation) that the mind is designed for deliberate reception of transmitted thoughts. Finally, air-based transmissions would probably have virtually no influence over the standard electrochemical activity confined within the physical linkage of neurons within the brain, and certainly not enough to insert a thought directly into the receiving mind without a shared “key” for both participants to use in decoding the message.

Granted, this is just my humble opinion, but working with wireless communications between different devices all day does give you some point of reference on matters such as this. :smile:

WOW…my world it toally falling apart… lol

I had an LD last night where I tried to merge myself with a DC. Our heads started comming together, and I could feel the skin and bones and stuff all merging, but then I ran into something warm and hard. It felt like it was the DCs soul. I tried harder and harder to get through it, but then the world started vibrating and I woke up.

This leads me to believe that this wasn’t your ordinary DC, and perhaps a shared dreaming experience.

Sorry about my telepathy theory, I’ll try it anyway but I sure have made an ass of myself :tongue:

I’ve been experienceing a lot of unintentional mindreading lately, usually when I’m not thinking much.

Sorry again, I’ve been trying to learn this my whole life.

I haven’t been in this particular part of LD4all for a while and since that time the Crossroads has been updated somewhat (added new pages mainly textual techniques etc). Anyway this page mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/shared.htm is a new page that the science page used to cover and from a quick scan through of your posts refers to what you’ve been talking about.

I’ll have a closer read here soon :smile:

There are some great links through-out to shared dream reserch and psi science and checkout the link dump at the bottom too for extra info.

That was interesting, Jeff.
If you have any links to this research, I will like to hear.