Europe to ban vitamin supplements

Is this true? :panic:
I live in America and have found this news article from The Guardian
I’ve only heard about this story from this source. … So is it true?

It’s a very long article and I have only glanced over it. but what I’ve got from it is that restrictions may be made against such supplements that would force many of these shops out of business.

better stock up on some of the substances discussed here!

I think it’s unrealistic to expect that vitamin and mineral supplements will be forbidden in the future. We may have strong regulations in Europe concerning the dosage of certain vitamins, but this is to protect the consumers! In my opinion, it’s very dangerous to sell e.g Vitamin B6 in 550 mg dosages on the free market because it could seriously damage your brain!

It seems that the guarding likes to speculate. We all know that the UK would like to see regulations like in the US where you can go out in a store and buy hormons (correct me if I’m wrong). Maybe the market could be liberated slightly, but you also have to take care of all the risk and problems that might occour due to overdosations…

In my opinion, warning labels should be used to prevent against overdoses. If someone wants to take way too many pills, there’s nothing to stop them but their own good sense. If people can overdose on very small amounts, then they should be prescription medication.

Agree…