Dream is more like a movie... is this right?

I had another detailed dream last night… (i haven’t been lucky enough to go lucid yet i’m still working on my dream recall)

In the dream I was in a room with four other people, it could have been considered a nightmare but I wasn’t scared in the dream,
think of 28 days later or dead by dawn, that was this dream

The people in the room one of them had been bitten by a zombie, and we (the 3 other people) were trying to get him to use his willpower to not change into a zombie, by saying his name out loud, remembering his past ETC. ANYWAY, the zombies were trying to break into the house or whatever we were in, and BAM all the sudden, i wasn’t in my body anymore, i was looking at the zombies attempting to break in, then it would go back to the room i was in with the four other people… then back to the zombies attacking the door… back and forth

LIke a movie would with scenes… is this normal? I figured something THAT irregular for me woudl cause lucidity but i guess not… in the dream i never even suspected anything

The “scenes” even switched to outside and the street, then back to me in the room… so odd…

I had a dream with credits rolling past once. :wink:

You need to do more RCs and/or spend more time doing them (opinions vary).

That happens a fair bit for me. I’ve spent an entire dream in a third person view (and I know others have too), so it’s exactly like a dream (I wasn’t even one of the characters in it! It was about some famous black dude, and white girl who was an assitant or summit.).

I sometimes have “movie-style dreams”, with different camera cuts and everything. And sometimes I read a book (in a dream) and at the same time I’m a character playing its role (I have free will, though). It’s funny to be a part of movie :happy:
I think it’s harf to get lucid just from the movie-like style of dream, because you have already taken that style as granted… hard to explain… you’re just part of a movie and everything IS normal to you, as a part of your world…

Last week I had a LD with opening credits and then I saw a couple sitting on a bench in a park late at night. The anoying thing was that I couldn’t do anything except look at it. I had no controll, but it was fun anyway.

I also have those dreams where I’m reading a book, I can actually see the text and I’m actually reading and usually it’s like I’m reading and picturing at the same time, just like waking life reading. I like those dreams. :smile:
I’ve actually had a lot of dreams where it’s a movie and in a lot of those I know that this is my imagination so I can control the movie action pretty much. It’s fun. :smile: I’m not sure how to induce something like that but it seems to happen more if I fall alseep while already imagining a story.

btw pav, is your avatar from LOOM?

I have also had dreams liek this where you suddenly are in third person view… my view followed jesus into the bathroom while he took a pee and I (my body) was still in the living room in the dream.

Hehe sounds like an interesting dream. :happy:

How often do people have 3rd person dreams? For me it’s like a lot. probably about 20-30%…

Speakeasy

It is perfectly normal. Many people have dreams that switch back and forth from first to third person view. Sounds like an exciting dream though.

Btw- I know you said that you were not working on any induction techniques and you are just working on dream recall. You might want to consider at least starting to do RC ‘s during the day. You can even start working on MILD/WILD if you want to.

Just a thought.

I frequently have these third-person dreams. I switch between first person and third person depending on the action, I’m noticing that whenever the danger is potentially mortal I zip out and watch the scene from outside, yet at the same time the third person me IS still me? (it is kind of strange isn’t it?)

In last nights dream, a group of DC, (some resembled friends) and I where running through this large underground bunker or something of the sort. We where ambushed by a group of aliens(like the last one in Resident Evil). Well I pull out my trusty laser gun and start shooting them. (Here all is still first person, I see the alien towering over me). To my dismay the laser wasn’t doing any damage and they kept comming! Suddenly I float over the scene, in a cool perspective that let me see everything. I was still the me shooting, but I was at the same time safely floating at a distance, :smile: not at all worried about how I was about to get cut to pieces!!)

I have quite a few 3rd person dreams, in fact I had one last night!!

mystery

Most of my dreams I know it’s not real. or some other cause keeps me from lucidity or having intense and vivid dreams

-I don’t have a self or ego, I witness all presented before me like a camera
-I’m absorbed completely in what’s happening or what I have to achieve
-Vivid imagination and within the mind
-It’s a movie
-It’s a videogame
-I’m reading a book
-It’s someone else (3rd person)
-the place is haunted!
-I’ve got paranormal powers

Huh… I thought I have had all sorts of movie dreams… But I never noticed switching from first to third person. Maybe, I just don’t recall them well enough. But I think I would have remembered such thing: here I am shooting, and here I am watching me shooting. In fact, in my movie dreams it is usually an opposite situation: first I watch the movie, and then I get into the action and take the place of the hero, even without noticing that… I really must work more at dream recall at least.