A question about people in dreams

I don’y know if you want me to answer this but I have been lding for 18 years now.

I find myself using my dreams to fight away fears and better realize who I am. I’m currently trying to SD and have some good results.

DreamWeaver I have that same book but haven’t fully read it yet.
Some think that such people could be people you knew in past lifes.
I have had these to and are really strange to think about.

I have had dreams where I was in medevial times ( not the dinner theater LOL) I was not really lucid . I remember this one I was walking in to this huge mansion, I was suppose to be meeting somebody. I was wearing armour and as I walked in the hallway I looked toward a mirror on the  wall to check my appearance . The mirror wasnt glass it was a very polished metal . The reflection of myself was someone that resembled me , but it wasn't me. 

I am not really a believer in reincarnation though . However think about this ?
Maybe our experiences of past lives could actually be memories passed on through our DNA somehow. This person I saw in the reflection could have been a distant relative.
I do however have a belief that we all lived in a time on this Earth before this dispensation in time.
But that’s a whole different thing, I would have to bring Biblical references to this. Since this is not a biblical forum I wont go into it.

thx for both your responses dreamweaver and dreamwalker… it’s good to know that after 20 years, there’s still something to explore, not the “been there, done that” :yinyang:

dreamwalker, have you had any success with shared dreaming… if so, what’d you and the other person do ???

dreamweaver, why do you think the passing memories through DNA is more palatable than reincarnation ???

Reincarnation is just something I choose not to believe in mainly from my biblical beliefs. There was a time I really considered the possibilities.
Then one day while meditating, the possibility that visions of past experiences could be associated with genetics. Hereditary genes get passed through from umbilical cord through umbilical cord. We not only look like our relatives, but some you will take on other character traits like sounding alike and walking alike, same habits. Even diseases can be passed on genetically.
So why not memories.
There are creatures on the Earth that from the tme they are born already know how to survive based on instincts. Those instincts are apparently memory that has been recorded in their DNA.
I hope you get my point. Its just a theory. Nothing more .

DreamWeaver you bring up a good point. It could be a relatives memories past on. I heard that when we are born we have so many years of knowledge to use. Really makes me think. I’ll b thinking about this for a long time now.
And SD is shared dreaming also called mutual dreaming. It is were two or more people meet up in there dreams. Well thats a lesser explanation.

Oneiromancer I did have some results that showed We did it but not good enough in my eyes. We did break into each others dream but only for like a second or so. Somehow I once broke into there dream that they had long ago. We’ll get it though. It’s only a matter of time.
:content:

I believe the same (i.e. I don’t believe in reincarnation). Indeed besides the genetic theory of yours (which could be correct, and perhaps in some cases it is) the so called ‘past memories’ could be sourced from evil influences (i.e.evil spirits) or the mind itself could be making them up. The mind is good at making up stories, so this would not be out of the unknown… We read some stuff when we are younger, we don’t remember doing so since years have passed, then our subconscious creates an interesting history…

interesting views…

here’s my take on reincarnation… our personal experience of the universe is the microcosm for how the macrocosm operates. and in this microcosm i see a lotta natural things happening in cycles.

take the water cycle for instance, it rains, it evaporates, it’s drunk by animals and urinated out, it turns back to rain again, the animal dies and the water in its cells returns to the earth again, it’s recycled again and starts anew

i would think the essence that drives us works in very much the same way

=> dreamwalker, cool, good luck w/ your SD efforts. i think i’d like to try that myself when i get around to it… so many things to do :yinyang:

Yes you make a good point there as well.
Ohh the mysteries of life; what else could keep us going on??!

Yes you are right , things do happen in cycles in the universe. However…just as our moon revolves around our Earth, and the Earth revolves arond the sun, and the sun revolves around our galaxy , our galaxy and everything in it is traveling the universe. So let that one soak in for alittle bit ,and realise this …we are all a part of this universe.

nice way to think about it. Somthing that i will have to be doing 2night :razz:

we all think taht we are seperate, but we are not, each of us is made of energy and this whole place is made of energy. Even the air between us which we see as nothing. It isnt such a hard thing to understand and i can not see how so many ppl dont get it lol. Or maybe i am just so messed up that it actually makes sence

Some friends asked me today whether they were in my dreams… I told them yes, you appeared in this dream and that one…

I believe we are separate. We are made of matter which can be converted to energy, yes. We depend on one another, yes, but it doesn’t mean that we’re all one thing. We all have our identities. I remember Laberge saying about the importance that the dreamer remembers that it is ‘I’ who perceives, ‘I’ who sees, etc…

Well every cell in the human body is an individual in it’s own right, and could survive without any of the other cells, if given the right conditions. Yet we see all the cells that make us up as one thing.

So while we’re all separate, it doesn’t mean that we’re NOT all one thing. :razz:

I think we’re fairly different - I don’t see much unity in the world between humans… thus it means we’re NOT all one thing.

Of course with real selfless love there can be unity, but it doesn’t mean everything is one thing too.

but that is the thing. Instead of looking at it as a whole we must first look at it as a peice. Well are all made of atoms. now from x to y in the universe nomatter the distance, there is atoms. from me to you, only atoms. Each of us is our own person. but in a way we are all connected. It may be harder to grasp then i thought. We all share this space with one another all share this mass of soup of enery and well other stuff that floats around. I effect it by walking throuh it, which in turn affects another atom here and there, which leads to a chain reaction. Is that called the butterfly effect or somthing i dont know.

We appear seperate to each other on the outside, but it is the small little things that make up the big picture

sorry, it’s getting to that point in the semester, been busy lately, forgot about the convo going on in this thread

i’m not too sure what i’m supposed to take away from that, how does us being a part of the universe give support to your inherited memory theory ???

sure it is I who percieves, the universal consciousness (god if you prefer) it is the big I that perceives and sees… the little i (our personal egos) are only “individualized” manifestations of the big I

the dreamer perceives, the dreamer sees, but what does the dreamer perceive ??? what does the dreamer see ??? the dreamer experiences the universe however the dreamer chooses to perceive it. but the dreamer is NOT separate from the universe. he is so interconnected and dependent upon the universe that the dreamer can’t exist outside the confines it

you say that the little i of your ego is separate from the universe… how can it be separate ??? you need the universe to survive, you already admitted that you depend on the world. if you are a separate entity from the world couldn’t one conceive of the world over here and a a functioning human being over there ??? no, one can only think of a functioning human being inside the confines of a world (or a simulated world like a space station if you want to be technical)

it is impossible to separate a human from the universe… if you took a human outside the context of time and space, it wouldn’t be a human anymore would it? the idea of a human is dependent upon there being a universe for him to exist in. therefore a human is inseparable from the universe, because if you did separate a human from the universe… he wouldn’t be a human anymore.

basically my point is that you can’t think of a human without thinking of a universe. if i can’t think of clarkkent without thinking of the universe that clarkkent exists in, then how is clarkkent separate from the universe ??? he’s not. clarkkent (and all other humans for that matter) form a system, a single thing

very interesting DreamWeaver. in fact, i have experienced this 3 seperate times that i can recall, but didnt know thats what an OBE was. it happened once when i was just taking a nap and going in and out of consciousness while laying there. all of a sudden, that certain vibration starts going, and i kinda know whats going on. then the floating…wow, talk about FREAKY! it feels so awesome though. i remember floating out of my bed over to the door to lock it for some reason…
the other 2 times were just because i was so exhausted from working throughout the day. those 2 nights, i fell asleep in honestly <3 minutes. im just laying there and all of a sudden the vibrating starts again. one of the times was at my grandmas house. i float about 10 feet above my bed, down the stairs, into the bathroom, loook in the mirror, and my face is all weird looking, kinda flat in some areas and my nose is pushed in. this REALLY freaked me out, and woke me up. just thinking about it makes me feel weird, but it was good times all in all…

Klip (cool name and avatar by the way): please don’t quote whole posts. In this case, you could just write “interesting DreamWeaver777”.

no on the violence, but yes on the idea

i told my subconscious, who was… really odd… that he needed to work on making guns look more realistic… that was a day or two ago

well last night i had a very realistic gun dream, unfortunately not lucid, but i was holding a gun and though it had quirky dream flaws, like not being able to put the clip back in it, and the clip ejecting forcefully when i try to take it out… it looked real, was very heavy and lifelike…

all in all pretty good.

if i can summon something like that i’ll be happy

That comment really had nothing to do with my theory. I was just replying to you about your theory. I was more or less saying all things are in a cycle.
Apparently you did forget the content on this thread (LOL)