Ld'ing and the senses

Well, I was just thinking and thought I would write it down and see what you guys thought, comments welcome :look:

So ever since I started really taking the time to learn about LD’s and learn about them I have started looking at things in a different way, from a different perspective… I think about so many things around me, art, music, films, anything like this and I wonder about how much of it comes from LD’s or inspired from them.

I of course have read of many of these cases where people hear music in their sleep and get up and recreate it or art etc. Its just that I guess what I’m really wondering is how common is it for people who are artistic and creative in these ways to be inspired by their dreams.

When I listen to music or look at art I think about this. I imagine what others might see in it.

Now let me throw something out at you guys in the interest if discussion:

Children are overloaded with their senses when they are young, experiencing the world and the things in it for the first time. I watch them and almost feel as if they are in a different reality than me. When they get older society calls it “maturing” but in my opinion it’s a desensitizing. When children are younger they run around and do/say/feel what they really want (with the exception of course of environmental and parental boundaries). I personally believe that children growing up that are encouraged to explore their senses and surroundings more in-depth are able to do the same in their dreams therefore are in some cases more ‘natural’ lucid dreamers.

I am reading a book called “Deciphering the Senses: The Expanding World of Human Perception” by Robert Rivlin and Karen Gravelle. The book talks about our “17 senses.” Something that possibly we all discovered as children but were taught to ignore, as we got older.

I have only had a few LD’s to date and short ones at that so I can only speculate that the feeling of euphoria in LD’s could possibly because we are allowing ourselves to feel with all of our “17 senses”…freedom from conformity?

…hmmm

Getting back in touch with these senses is something I intend on working on. I have decided I am going to attempt this through meditation and hopefully move forward into more LD’s with it. But meditation is not something that comes naturally for me as I have been working on it for about a month now and am slowly making progress.

I realize this post is kind of all over the place, but please feel free to post your thoughts, feelings, opinions… :razz:

~B :om:

Kids seem to have more energy. Also, everything seems like a big deal to them, whether they worship a new toy or have a nervous breakdown when they’re not allowed to get the toy.

You will definitely find that you can tap in to your creative self to gain inspiration for what ever artistic project you are working on. Be it writing, painting , music LD ing and even ND can help you gain inspiration for you creative endeavors.

Yes. LD are a place where you can freely express yourself free of moral, ethical, legal restraints. You can truly experience anything you wish. It is the one place where you truly have freedom. The laws of nature, physics, or man do not exist in LD ‘s. You can freely and secretly explore your most secret fantasies, go on great adventures, explore the wonders of the universe but, the most important thing you can explore is yourself.

Enjoy

Happy Dreaming :smile:

Hi Brandi:
It is about imagination, and not knowing .
When we were children our minds were fresh. We looked at the miracles of life and our minds were captivated.
Now the miracles are being explained through science.
Kind of like when you were younger and you got off on a movie because of the special effects. However (with me ) I am starting to get numb by special effects cause I have learned how they are done.
Realise this…we are imprisioned by this world . After we inter into adulthood our world becomes more about making the buck ;survival. When we were children we didnt have to worry about that , cause we had parents. So we become slaves to the system and our minds become dull.
Since you quoted from the Bible, I will make another quote:

In other words we must return to being as a child and not knowing anything. Cause if you really think about it …mankind really has no clue of what is really going on.
We do nothing more than speculate.

Totally wide open… like a child’s mind… but then you start talking

That’s from the song by The Crystal Method, Wide Open. I think that’s how it goes, anyway. But yeah, I thought that sounded kind of like what you were talking about.

Totally wide open… like a child’s mind… but then you start talking

That’s from the song by The Crystal Method, Wide Open. I think that’s how it goes, anyway. But yeah, I thought that sounded kind of like what you were talking about.

hi B

I can’t help but think this awareness is very much linked with our current state of development, the chakras, clarity and strength of mind, and sensitivity.

It’s natural to mature (evolve). The kid in you still has its place and purpose.

A month is the usual length of time that shows you have real interest and self-motivation to keep at it indefinitely. Meditation is progress, the benefits and challenges present themselves naturally in time :wink:

could you lsit the senses that the book talks about?

I often feel euphoria in LDs from a sense of self that I feel. Is that one of these sense :smile:

Monitor199a:

possibly has something to do with learning to “control” your engergy? hmmmm…definatly something tothink about.

milod789:

yes I do understand that and i think that is amazing…but what i am talking about is not great adventures or secret fantisies, wonders of the universe ect… I mean it is, But what i am talking about is senses and feelings, not necessarily just things you can see and hear, smell taste and touch… more than that the 17 senses refure to more indepth feelings.
Hmm i wish i could explain better, I am terrible at explaining what i mean.

DreamWeaver777:

I completly agree with you, couldnt have said it better myself, Thank you for sharing your thoughts :content: I liked your quote !

Nick Tonic:

Hmm it is in a sense what iw as talking about…a childs mind is amazing, ahve you ever watched a child explore a room before or play with something and just be totally amazed by it…I just wonder whats goiong through thier minds… I just wish i remembered what went through mine at that age.

Pilot:

ever wonder what would happen if everyone in the world suddenly had an “ah-ha!” in thier awareness level? I do all the time.

toadstool:

Sure, when i finish the book no prob =P

~B

What is eveyones earliest memory, can anyone remember being absolulty WOWed by the square block going through the square hole? (just an example of something very early on) ?

I will have to think about mine.

I recall being marveled at the smell of leaves or wood burning in fall, possibly the first experience of linking smells with a pleasant memory.

The rest are just great feelings, like standing in an apartment room drinking in the atmosphere. As a kid that felt natural, but in memory that was so full of feeling.

It’s kind of fun to try and remember the childhood years, uncovering little by little. Interesting that the bad or painful events are clearest, like drowning :sad: dentist visit, head injury, weird dreams while being sick and so on.

I don’t know if I completely understand what you are getting at but I will try to answer. The senses that we normally thin of touch, sight, etc. are very realistic in LD ‘s and can even be more intense than real life. So, I would imagine that it would be the same for these other senses you are referring to.

Happy Dreaming

i’m finding this topic very interesting, i might have to put this book you’re reading on my already lengthy “to read” list :content:

anyway, about the child thing, this reminds me of a theme that i’ve been noticing in some taoist philosophy i’ve been reading. it’s often said that when a child is born her energy is in balance, and as she grows she starts to accumulate things of this world (acquired conditioning) and her energy grows more and more out of balance as she grows into adulthood

the point of taoism as i understand it is to reverse this process, to get rid of acquired conditioning to become a child again so to speak. but if i may share an insight that i have come across. i used to think "so children are in balance ??? does that mean they are superior (for lack of a better word) to me ??? " i thought about that question and read a lil more and then i arrived at a conclusion:

children are in balance and that balance is what makes them so powerful, but their understanding (which i’m claiming is a key element to enlightenment) is not developed

anyway, now i’m babbling, but you seem to like quotes, so here’s one :yinyang:

[i]He who is in harmony with the Tao
is like a newborn child.
Its bones are soft, its muscles are weak,
but its grip is powerful.
It doesn’t know about the union
of male and female,
yet its penis can stand erect,
so intense is its vital power.
It can scream its head off all day,
yet it never becomes hoarse,
so complete is its harmony.

The Master’s power is like this.
He lets all things come and go
effortlessly, without desire.
He never expects results;
thus he is never disappointed.
He is never disappointed;
thus his spirit never grows old.

-Lao-tzu (Tao Te Ching - Chapter 55)[/i]

and oh yeah about the meditation, what type of meditation are you doing. i found i didn’t really like the quiet sit in one place and try to clear your mind of all thoughts type of meditation. i found that more “active meditations” worked for me… moving chi around in my body, clearing out blocked energy channels and such. if you’re intersted i suggest you pick up Taoist Yoga and Sexual Energy by eric steven yudelove

ok, i’m done now :yinyang: