Why Mint Tea will help YOU recall dreams part IV

does one have make tea from the mint or can you get the same effect by just eating the fresh mint leaves?

I am considering growing my own collection of mint plants, so when I do iI’ll let you know, but that will be a while.

I read about people saying it grows on you, but I don’t understand… I loved it right away!. heh… The first time I had it was at a turkish smoke shop (they have big hookas with turkish tobacco, which is an insane buzz to begin w/), but I don’t think there was anything like the clear head I had after the tea. This tea was a dark green color, so I’m sure that it was made differently then the tea I usually drink which is a mixture between pepermint, spearmint, and rosemary, which is a brown color.

Does any one else get the euphoria and head buzz from mint tea? Even the smell gives me a buzz. Any thoughts?

I just read the label on my box of mint tea. It has 45% of your daily potassium value. Is this why it affects your dreams? I know potassium imbalnce is one of the causes of dreaming.

Ha! I finally bought a bag of peppermint leaves. Will check it out tonight. I also bought B-complex-pills (long time since I tried that) so I hope the combination will improve my dream recall!

Something I noticed that might be related. After having a couple cups of mint tea ever night for a few weeks my dreams started disapearing. However last night I had no tea for the first night in a long time, and I had long vivid dreams, including two LD. :grin:

This seems to go with the potassium thing… If you have a build up the imbalance of potassium is less likely to happen, thus you are less likely to have dreams. Just a thought :eek:

I wonder if this discussion will eventually head toward Salvia Divinorum (or if it has in previous installations)

That’s a mint! :wink:

Mint tea… does improve your dream recall only if you don’t use it much. Also, drinking mint tea while I do a WBTB seems to help as well for recall, but now… I only drink mint tea for my health benefit. :smile: I like the taste of it and how it gives me refreshing feeling. :smile:

It seems to have a building-up tolerance if you drink mint tea a lot, then you don’t have an excellent dream recall as you do on your first drink. You might want to give it a rest if it happens so that your tolerance returns to normal. Give it a try eh? Good luck!

Hey, maybe I am a bit late with it and someone has alreay discovered, but I have never known what it is, inside the mint leaves, that gives you this better dream recall (although I do experience that it works). Can this list do any good (it is huge but I took out all the things that I think are NOT active for dream recall)?

Raw Nutritional Data of mint leaves:

Calcium, Ca 243mg
Magnesium, Mg 80mg
Niacin 1.706mg
Pantothenic acid 0.338mg
Vitamin B-6 0.129mg
Vitamin B-12 0mcg
Tryptophan 0.058g

What ones can it be, or is a combinations possible? I think the niacin and the vitamin B-6 are good candidates.

JJJ

Helps dreaming: Calcium, Ca 243mg
Magnesium, Mg 80mg
Niacin 1.706mg
Pantothenic acid 0.338mg
Helps dreaming: Vitamin B-6 0.129mg
Helps dreaming: Vitamin B-12 0mcg
Helps dreaming: Tryptophan 0.058g

Those are the ones I know are related to dreaming… interesting that the potasium isn’t on that list…

it might just be my mint tea…

Bigelow Mint Melody

Also I thought about salvia too… and am considering chewing a quid now and then before bed.

hm maybe I deleted the potasium… and what about Niacin (vitamin B3)? doesn’t it help?

JJJ

I think I know what you’re talking about… no profound psychological effects for me, aside from the relaxation caused by drinking a warm beverage, but I do get the mild head “buzz” from the aroma of it, probably caused by the menthol, similar to cough drops and what not, only much better tasting :content:

I never got head buzz from mint tea…

I found a chocolate called CLUB MINT… I hope it is helpful too.
I mixed one mint tea bag with one night fruits bag (camomille plus spearmint plus rosehip plus passion flower etc). I’m hoping it will have some LD result…

No ld this night but a dream which mentioned ‘ld’… not that bad so it must have helped.

Can you folks (who get LD’s) post whether you drink mint tea throughout the day or just from the evening? Do you drink any coffee before?
Is there anyone who drinks just coffee and still get LD’s?
I think all this would be interesting to know.

I bought some mint tea today hehe I’m going to try and see if it helps me out at all.

How many hours before bed should I drink the peppermint tea, and how many tea bags should I use? Last night I drank one tea bag and even sucked on the bag, but it had no effect on my dream recall.

Well, to my mind there’s several possible explanations here:

1. Peppermint tea effects could be purely psychomatic.
  2. Increasing chances doesn’t neccessarily mean that any chance will happen.
  3. Some effects of certain drugs/foods don’t work on some people.

By psychomatic are you talking about placebo?

Has anyone ever tried smoking the contents of the tea bags? Mine is full of peppermint leaves.

LOL!!!

with peppermint tea,
How long before sleeping should you drink it? and how much of it should you drink?

I had 2 drinks of it yesterday, but it was in the day and not right before I went to sleep, but It seemed to work, as I remembered almost a full dream…