Sleep Paralysis Question

Alright, in the past few days I have had multiple sleep Paralysis dreams. The thing that bothers me is that I have never had them before. So here is kind of some background of the past weekend.

A few days ago I did something that I shouldn’t have, and kind of regretted it and felt guilty about it. So the next day after it happened, I woke up REALLY early in the morning, which was weird because I was up for almost 24 hours the day before. I had gotten about 5 hours of sleep (went to bed at 3am and woke up at 8am). Then I just sat in my room, walked around, and bummed on the computer because I couldn’t sleep; too much was on my mind about the night before. Then about 10:30 I lay down and just dropped. So that’s when my Sleep Paralysis dreams started to occur. I would fall asleep for about 10-15 minutes, I would start dreaming, and then I would think I wake up and see with my eyes the view of the room from where my head was positioned on my pillow. I would be lying there, trying with all my will to move my body parts, but I just couldn’t. And I was conscious of this because I realized what was happening and was saying to myself in my mind, "Be calm, just know that you can get out of this”. Then after about 15-30 seconds I would bolt up in my bed from the position I was in, and it felt like waking from a dream, but I am not sure. This happened 3 times.

Then this morning, (the next day) I woke up again and couldn’t sleep. After about a hour I finally decided to try to sleep again and I did. Then the same thing happened, but only twice.

So this is starting to piss me off, haha. There just annoying. So do any of you know why this might be happening? It’s just weird because it has never happened to me before. Anyway thanks for reading.

If you get sleep paralysis if you think of a situation and just relax you can easily get into an LD and continue sleeping.

I get sleep paralysis all the time. I dont know if the stuff going on in your life is causing or triggering such. Personally i started getting SP when i least expected it, not much difference if stuff is going on in my life during that time period, SP doesnt seem to discriminate. When i first started getting it was around the time i had begun to take nighttime walks through Bidwell Park where i used to live right next to (in Chico if any of you are familiar). I think its just coincidence but whats funny is that when SP first started happening i concluded that i had brought some sort of dark spirit back with me from the park and that it was attacking me in my sleep :tongue: - back then i was really into different religions and research and experimentation and seeking of religious experience etc etc. It was not until after maybe 5 SP incidences that i found out it was SP and that there was no spirit attacking me, just my reaction of fear to the unfamiliar and since ive some imagination…well not a good mix. I am really into Astral Projection which is basically a consciously (sort of) induced out of body experience. I find SP to be a good precursor to what i think of as the ‘floating state’ which i cannot seem to get terribly far past…but thats irrelevant.

Like Subconscious said SP can be a very very useful state from which to LD, though i must add that thats not all you can do with SP. If your into AP then heck. If youre into meditation well hey theres something to consider. Altered states of consciousness? Feeling of nothing? Feeling of no physical just the mental? Just feel like chilling a bit? :shy: hey a little bit for everyone

I dont know if what youre having is actual SP or dreams of SP. Whenever i get SP my body seems to regain movement on its own. Back in my days of fear i would struggle to get out of SP and could actually slowly do it starting with my toes and fingers - tingling sensations kind of like a dead arm that you wake up and find youve been sleeping on and it feels like its not your arm kinda and then feeling returns with that tingling…yeah. NOwadays i tend to wake up into floating state (which i think ownz!!!) and ive ridden such out down through vibrational (which i think is not too dissimilar from tingling, but more electrical feeling) but then theres normal SP and then either slight actual tingling or just normal ‘okay i can move now’ and can either all of a sudden move (referring to how you suddenly jolt out of bed) or i cant move and i think ‘just a bit longer’.

Okay the point im getting to is that maybe you are actually SP despite your abrupt ‘jolting’ out of it. I dont know though, could be dreams of SP. For me it sometimes feels like waking up from a dream and other times its just a groggy, gradual ‘oh man time to get up, okay’ thing. OH well guess that was probably not too helpful but its nice to know someone else out there gets SP (or something close to it)

my SP usually involves presences… but that’s because i expect them…

i’m working on th at.

at least now if there is a presence, i’m not afraid, and i’ll get out and give it a flogging/talk to it.

usually i don’t bother with OBE’s anymore from SP though… going inward to a dream is easier and OBE’s seem to end abruptly

maybe becuase they are real, or maybe because everyone always says it’s hard to stay out of the body… i just know that aside from once, I’ve never been out of body in what seems to be the real world, and when that happened it was only for a half a second.

Sometimes I’ll wake up seeing things from another angle and seeing the clock and it has an accurate time though… so… who knows.

SP though… you can learn to like it if you use it to enter a dream or just relax and meditate… there’s no wrong way to do it… just experiment… visualize somewhere you want to go rather than desire to wake up.

sometimes I’ll think I’m really late and have to get up immediately and I have about 10-15 false awakenings in a row and tons of sleep parlaysis and I think for sure it’s soooo late and something is really wrong with me that I can’t get myself to wake up no matter what.

Those are horrible… it’s best just to let your body wake itself up in that case than to try to force yourself awake… even if you feel like you’re late, you usually aren’t and it’s all in your head.

SP does not happen due to some particular events in life.It happens to all of us,allways when we go to sleep.Its physiological body function of cutting off connection between muscles and brain(in short).
But working on dreams may result in sudden noticing SP happening.We generally become more aware of what is going on about our sleeping routines and sometimes our mind stays awake longer than it would normally,therefore we get to notice Sp.
I wish i had more of it.Happened only few times and each of them resulted in me having ld.Its a definately great tool:)

what does it feel like, I had an FA where I ‘had SP’ but I don’t know what it feels like in real life

Lack of sleep or irregular sleep habits are known to trigger SP. I think that is what happened to you.

To describe SP? oh…this is gonna be a tough one

Its kind of like you can sort of feel yourself but its almost as if you were feeling not your own body. Kind of like a deadarm in the morning that you poke and laugh cuz it doesnt feel like your arm. I dont know if youve had that but im laughing just thinking about it. You try to move and you cant, feels like youre under a ton of weight or something, like in a 100000000X earth-gravity room and youre laying on the floor.

The first times i had it i was scared shitless. I would think that there was some sort of demon or something that was attacking me and put a paralysis spell on me or that i knew the true meaning of ‘paralyzed by fear’. I later realized it was my mind just going off in response to my suddenly waking up but being not able to move while my abstract mind was still up and running.

Oooh, coming out of SP its just like a deadarm where it kind of tingles a little as feeling returns and ‘your arm/body activates’ as i like to think. For me if im in SP but want to get up i gotta slowly move my toes and fingers and just go from there to the rest of my body. Im thinking that its easier at these extremes because the chemical released to paralyze doesnt reach those areas as much maybe? I can also move my eyes.

Oh it also feels like you are not breathing but thats because youre paralyzed and so you cant feel the movement. Before id get scared like i was suffocating cuz i didnt know i was breathing but i once put a bunch of pillows so i could move my eyes (i guess my eyes were open) cuz i could see my body moving up and down but i couldnt feel it, it was really weird. Then again that couldve been an FA because i dont know if your eyelids get paralyzed or not…either way the point is you dont feel your breathing, also i dont think you can control it either.

im probably missing an aspect or two but this should do

My first SP scared me too. The first thing that scared me was that i couldn’t move or breathe (at least it felt like it). I thought that something was seriously wrong and that i might be dying, but i couldn’t get what it was. I had caught a cold a couple of days before but nothing serious.

And after a few seconds, that felt like a minute, my head started vibrating (or so it felt). The vibrations got stronger and stronger as if my head was pushed hard against a roaring car engine. I was certain i was having an elleptic seisure at that point and that finally scared the shit out of me (not literally) and made me wake up.

After that i became better and better at ‘waking up’ from them, before the vibrations start.

cool, thankyou, that’s what I imagined it to be like, which is probably why it felt so much like you’ve described…then again, I could have just been waking up slowly from a dream, and actually had this. Dunno…wierd

i used to have those and still do sometimes and i thought that i really was seeing my actual room while paralyzed but i found out my eyes were really closed.

a reality check i do is where i feel my eyes while they are open and if they feel closed then i am asleep. while i was paralyzed i stopped trying to force my hand to move and just thought about it and my arm lifted and touched my eye and it was closed so i knew it was in fact a dream and not really being paralyzed. usually scary things happen when i enter one of those, like objects in the room starting to move and trying to strangle me. but no matter how hard i try to wake up i cant and its painfull as hell because the chair starts beating me and jabbing me.

You have a scary dream room…glad my stuff doesn’t do that

i always see spiders, almost every time

they are like inner eye visions, except my eyes are open… they are small and squiggly, usually not actually completely looking like spiders… they will always be on my pillow, slowly coming toward me… i try to blow on them to keep them away…

when i get myself out of paralysis they aren’t there… or i’ve swallowed them (???) i wonder if that urban legend could possibly be true? It’s pretty far fetched and was made up as a joke in a magazine article though.

But recently I decided let the spiders come, it will help me get over my fear of them… which wasn’t entirely true… i felt them all over my body and stuff… then i felt a big one biting/clamping into my leg…

which was probably just me feeling my legs become more paralyzed, it happens frequently.