[size=75]most of us have falling dreams once in a while
it is also my understanding that most of us wake up before we hit the ground
or something breaks your fall or you land softly or rolling
that’s not the case with me
every falling dream i’ve had i did hit the ground
hard
and it hurts

a couple example dreams:

i jumped off the top of a tall building in an attempt to commit suicide (i was not very happy at the time)
i fell as fast as would be expected
and i ended up landing on my feet
it hurt my knees and my thigh muscles
and i was of course fairly angry with the results

another time i was racing along a dirt road at night on an old motorcycle
an old one with a sidecar like the ones in the last indiana jones flick
i came to a collapsed bridge and fell off
landing in a shallow river on some junk and jagged rocks
(the junk turned out to be models of old star wars vehicles… tie fighters and such)
that time my backside took the brunt of it
i was cursing about there being no “bridge out” warning signs

i’m curious as to how common this is
most people i’ve talked to say they have the usual result of waking up or landing softly
so…
when you have a falling dream do you land hard like i do?
[/size]

I either just hit suddenly then wake up or land softly and start falling again

Hmmm…

I can’t recall any dream with falling…
Guess I’m a lucky guy :smile:

I’ve had quite many falling dreams. I always hit the ground and it hurts a bit but it’s not like normal pain, more like dream pain. Usually just before I hit the ground I vaguely remember that I won’t die because this is just a dream. It’s a good dream sign.

I think im lucky i have not had any falling dreams. :happy: :gni: :smile: :content: :cheesy:

Do you think there’s any link between fear of hights and falling dreams?

I never have falling dreams, and I’m fine with hights, infact I enjoy them.
I had one dream though, where I was on top of a rock, (only a couple of metres high) and I couldn’t move because I was petrified that I’d fall, which was weird.

I have a fear of heights, which is a problem because in my dreams I love to fly. The flying usually ends with my fear of falling.

I have falling dreams. My latest and greatest: I jumped off a three story building as I was riddled with machine guns from in front and behind. I woke up before I hit the ground. Interesting sensation!

I have had dreams where I have fallen and most of the time as I hit I wake up still feeling the sensation of falling for about one more second. And if I didn’t know any better I would say I felt my legs hit the bed. :confused:

Dust Mote: This is your big chance to use LDing to fight your problems. Try to overcome your fear in your dreams. Go fly and notice your feelings. In your dreams you are perfectly save, so it’s the perfect place to overcome your fear of heights. Just give it a try.

It can have great effect IRL.

Hypnodude,

Thanks for your reply. I have a love/hate relationship with my fear of heights. At the same time that I am shaking in my pants, I am also feeling this great excitement. Go figure!

The flying in my dreams ususally starts out great but as I become “tired” the fear takes over and I land. I haven’t crash landed once, which is a good sign.

“IRL”? I see you posted this in the dictionary. I can see the day when the entire post will be one continueous acronym. This will happen shortly before we arrive at telepathic communication.

:happy: Haha!
I will add no more! :wink: