To wake your self up?

1-Have you been able to wake your self up in a lucid dream?

2-If so, was it a low lucid dream or a high lucid dream?

If you mean wake up when you wanted to… then yes. Medium lucidity.

Yes, to wake up whenever you want.

Yeah. It’s easy.

When I had nightmares, before I kenw about LD’ing, when I realised I was dreaming I’d take the oportunity to wake myself up. I’d just force open my eyelids in real life (a very weird feeling).

But there are other ways. For alot of people, closing your eyes can make you wake up.

But I don’t know why you’d want to wake yourself up. If something bothering/scaring you make it go away :happy:.

I had to wake up from a lucid dream once to remember some guy’s phone number. I did it by closing my eyes and opening them again

Actually, I have never wanted to wake myself up so I have never tried to do it on purpose. However, if I wanted to wake up for some reason I would try :

1. close my eyes fo 2-3 seconds then open them.
  2. Let my dream body completely relax.
  3. Try and will myself to wake up.
  4. Completely disengage my self from the dream. ( Though this may just cause a loss of lucidity)

Just some of the things I would try.

you know the feeling you get when you wake up from a slightly scary nightmare? not like a RUSH, but you have a feeling in your stomach?

I just do that, to wake myself up… it involves contracting stomach muscles (in dream) and… i don’t know.

it’s instinctual at this point, as i have done it so much.

I can’t imagine wanting to wake my self up. If any thing I would want to stay longer. There is just so much I want to try and do yet never enough time. Unfortunately, all dreams have to come to an end at some point.

When I was younger and before I know about LD’ing I use to wake myself
Up from nightmares alot.
All I did was force my eye open.
I can still do it but I never do.

i just would shake my self really really hard. And, I would be I wanna wake up now. But, I would not do that, and I did it out of fear. But in a lucid dream you have nothing to fear. For example, someone was trying to shoot me, so once I became lucid by chance, I kicked his ass and then he turned into three demons and I kicked thier asses too, so basically, this nightmare turned into me kicking some shit! Those demons got owned. Also, if you ever see a nightmare evil dude, say this to them: “STFU STUPID NEWBIE!”. lol EHEHE

nightmares.

milod789, you are exactly right. Everything you said you would try is what I used to do.

When I was younger and used to have lucid dreams, (although I wasn’t aware that that’s what they were called) they would always happen when I was having a nightmare. I was fully aware that I was dreaming and that what I was experiencing wasn’t real, however, I was only 5 or 6, and too scared to experiment in the dream. All I wanted to do was wake up. I would close my eyes, squeexe my fists, concentrate really hard, block out everything else in the dream and picture myself in bed. I would normally wake up within a few seconds. I haven’t had a LD in years though, and I never purposfully caused them. They were natural and spontaneous. But this is what I previously did.

to wake up I found this method by instinct: focus on shaking your head and closing your eyes. I found that an inner part of the throat and up through the head can go against any kind of sleep paralysis. It is a very hard struggle sometimes, but fighting hard enough will get you out if that is your desire.

Others focus on moving their toes or fingers and gradually come out.

I always wake up from nightmares, even if I’m not lucid. Seems like I have developed an instinct. scared=time to wake up.
I pretty much have a 100% success with waking up from nightmares. I should really learn myself to get lucid instead of waking up.

Why did u need to remember some guys phone number?!?!

Hey… Holy Reality… That rush you’re talking about
I can also do it, and you’re the only other person I’ve ever heard who can!!

With me I can do it from my chest or head. Dont need to contract any muscles, but at first it helps
(I’ve gotten pretty good at it)

Have you found any other use for it??

The reason why I think its the same thing is because it feels like an adrenaline rush, and it wakes you up pretty well. If you relax it makes your eyes unfocus quite strangely too.

I’m just amazed that I found someone else who does it… Im not insane… Im not insane… harharhharhar :happy:

About the nightmare stuff - its better to confront the nightmare - its usually something that’ll just come back next time. You’ll probably overcome a phobia at the same time.
If you’re truly lucid, its quite simple usually to kick the hell out of it (whatever it is)

Oh, and I’ve always had an instinctual dreamsign for nightmares.
Anything tries to hurt me and I turn lucid.
And kick the hell out of it / him / her.

Well… the thing is, I’m afraid of spiders… I can deal with dreams about little ones, you know, but when a giant spider shows up it’s like…

“should I fight it…
I shouldn’t run…
I’ll fight it…”
begins to cautiously throw knife
"OH SH!T!!!’
forces himself awake

The nice thing is they don’t ever attack me, probably because I remain so calm and clear headed, trying not to freak out… well they attack me if I run or attack them… though. It’s only happened twice, aside from SP episdes with “sensed” ones… I’m glad most of my SP tends to involve my eyes being closed… all you have to do is think about something and it’ll be there.

Ditto everyone else on the nightmares when I was little.