Can you do this ?

Some of the things you mentioned do sound very interesting. Many I would not have thought of. I will definitely have to give some of these things a try. When I do I will post any results here.

Good Luck and Happy Dreaming

Hi,
In fact I did not speak about going in the past and manipulating time because I know that many LDers can do it. My purpose was giving you unusual ideas.
Mystic, you seem good at space manipulation. Your method for picking up the sun was the right one, so I think you could succeed in transforming 3D dreams in 2D ones and then reduce the size of the dream.
The key is the same as for teleportation. After all, teleportation to a distant point is only taking a little element to make it bigger. Zooming on a part of the dream. It needs imagination being stronger than the existing scenery.

that’s not very hard in light trance (like LDing while being aware of body still) but the problem is the dream fades so much that you just end up imagining

You’re right. It is easy when the dream is fading, and difficult when it is bright and solid. So when you are with a great bright dream, the best way is to derealize it, change it, and make it real again.

LOL Yeah I think my arms are a bit short… Luckily we don’t have these kind of annoying problems in dreams :content:

If I did any of ur ideas my head might explode except the element thing that im sure I can do. Like one time I made this whole ocean hit this guy :content:

Easy level :

• transfering your conscience into a DC (very easy in fact, but I don’t know why, nobody does it). The most powerful is the DC, the best it is (gods and demons are the best).
    Do you mean just entering their body? Or like swapping “minds” with them and just letting yourself do whatever they want to do? I tried it once, it didn’t work very well… but human anatomy is some of the most unreaslitic stuff of all in my dreams… unfortunately.

• reversing directions : up becoming down, down becoming up (180°). Or horizontal plane becoming vertical plane (90°)
    I find this pretty easy with some imagination, if you want to walk up a wall, just imagine there is a camera looking at you, right beside you, and that it all of a sudden rotates… I came up with that idea non lucid and tried it out lucid, very fun/weird.

• walking through the ground (why should we always walk through the walls ?).
    sunk into the ground… almost woke me up.

• Merging with elements : earth, fire, water and air (I said “merging” and not simply “walking through”).
    I’ve never tried merging with anything, other than getting my hand stuck in a wall… sounds interesting.

• creating and entering in a tornado (very impressive).
    sounds great, i love NDs when a gust of wind knocks me all over the place.

• Projecting into a DC whatever image you want him to see.
    What would be the benefit of this?

Intermediate level :

• Taking in your hand a distant object. For example you see a distant house, you take it between your fingers and then you have a little house in your hand (I know that some other people had the same idea but did not manage to do it, because it needs some control of space).
    This happned to me while skydiving last night, I kept approaching a skyscraper, intending to land on it, but it stayed small the whole time… i had to sort of jump scenes to get on top of it… i’ve never really done it intentionally though.

• Creating walls of sand or water (like in the Mummy).
    did it with a swimming pool once, to save some people that were on fire.

The most difficult :

• breathing the dream in and out : when you breath in, it disappears inside you, when you breath out, it expands.
    Wow, that sounds really cool.

• projecting oneself into multiple consciences.
    ? Hmm… like, sort of like controlling a DC, but also, simultaneously being inside that DC and experiencing what it experiences? I’d love to do that… it sounds very hard.

• Totally stopping the dream.
    freezing time you mean?

You have a lot of cool ideas… i’ll have to try some of these… i’ve told myself no LDing tonight though, I’m getting kind of fed up with it.

How could you get fed up with LDing? :tongue:

Most LDers stop after several years, because they find they don’t progress. I have met some who had 20 or 30 years experience, like Paul Tholey or Alan Worsley, but they are very rare.
The fact is that most LDers don’t find the path toward dream yoga.

Cool ideas! most of them I have attempted to do that… I’ll list them :wink: Quite interesting! :biggrin:

Easy level :

• transfering your conscience into a DC (very easy in fact, but I don’t know why, nobody does it). The most powerful is the DC, the best it is (gods and demons are the best). If you counts integrating… then I’ve done that few times before… but if you means transferring my conscience completely into a being… no.
  • reversing directions : up becoming down, down becoming up (180°). Or horizontal plane becoming vertical plane (90°) I’ve done that… matrix style. Easy to accomplish. :wink:
  • walking through the ground (why should we always walk through the walls ?). I have went through the ground before… always end up into the entire different world
  • Merging with elements : earth, fire, water and air (I said “merging” and not simply “walking through”). It’s a rush!!! I have merged with earth, water, and air before. I don’t recall about fire though. Gives me a good energy when I wake up
  • creating and entering in a tornado (very impressive). One time I was in charge of all torandos while I was in one. It was… like being a POWERFUL god. It’s a rush!!! I love being sucked in a torando!
  • Projecting into a DC whatever image you want him to see. I’ve done that before… hehe I even transformed a being into an elf. :biggrin:

Intermediate level :

• Transforming a 3D dream into a 2D dream. At will… no… but I was in a lucid dream where 3D dream transformed into a 2D dream
  • reducing the dream to the size of a matchbox, and zooming again into it, quickly or slowly (yourself being in some sort of dark place which I call “intermediate state”) mmm not sure if I did that before… I’ll attempt it later when I have a lucid dream :wink:
  • Taking in your hand a distant object. For example you see a distant house, you take it between your fingers and then you have a little house in your hand (I know that some other people had the same idea but did not manage to do it, because it needs some control of space). I have grabbed a star before and a moon. I even grabbed a sock in distance from doing that without having to walk toward it. It’s useful!
  • merging several dream characters into one, and separating them again. If it counts myself… I have been split in several clones and back in one… I don’t think I have attempted it on DC’s though.
  • Creating walls of sand or water (like in the Mummy). I have used sands/rocks and water before to create the wall. i even used air before… worked like a charm. :wink: But takes a lot of energy for some reasons
  • Turning mountains into seas and seas into mountains (not difficult if the dream is not solid, but difficult if it is. Then you must control the dream’s solidity). I accomplished it in a boardline of hypnogia imagery and dream… hard to explain… easy to change, but I haven’t attempted it when it was solid and vivid

The most difficult :

• making space to disappear, no more distance and directions (and no more dream of course). Yup… I use that if I want to induce a deeper trance… always amazing to experience! :biggrin:
  • breathing the dream in and out : when you breath in, it disappears inside you, when you breath out, it expands. I never thought of that… interesting…
  • projecting oneself into multiple consciences. I’ve done that before. :smile: It’s my nature… and one of my fav. things to do in a LD.
  • Totally stopping the dream. I have done that before and I also travelled to the past and also to the future. It’s fun. :biggrin:

What path would that be? What’s dream yoga?

I’m fed up with LDing because:

*I do the stupidest things and get lost in the boring plots of my dreams, get lost with things that I KNOW ARE NOT REAL, and KNOW THAT I SHOULD KNOW BETTER… but I guess … I don’t know… I just go with it for some reason… something to do.

*You can get bored with anything if you do enough of it.

*It gets better when I take a break, and my overall lucidity levesl tend to increase.

*I feel like I’m in a rut right now, my recall is bad, all my dreams are boring.

*Most of my LDs are not full lucidity right now…

*I need to learn to LD at the beginning of an REM cycle rather than the end of it.

*Forcing myself to LD a lot can drain me if I go against normal sleeping patterns.

So yeah… I mean… last night I tried to enter hypnagogia while conscious, I tried for too long and couldn’t get to sleep until 2… and then I didn’t sleep well afterward.

I think it’s just time for a break. I won’t object to lucidity if it manages to come to me spontaneously, but I won’t try to WILD or care about my dreams at all.

I’d actually like to not dream at all for a week or so, just get solid instantaneous restful sleep.

holy reality

In stead of controlling every part of your dream you could try and just give your dream a gentle push in the direction you want it to go in and see what your subconscious comes up with (just change little things). It can be very entertaining :smile:

You could also try meditation in the LD. I have not tried it yet ( I am still to worried that it would wake me up) but, I hear it is an amazing experience.

Perhaps a break from LD ing will be helpful to you. I don’t know your posts sound like you are struggling with a lot of frustration in regards to LD ‘ing. ( Not exactly right I know but I am not really sure how else to word it).

Maybe try and do something different with your LD’s. In stead of trying to play out a script do something like see what it would be like to be a bird or a fish or something like that. Actually turn yourself into something else and see if you can really feel what it is like to be one of these things.

I am sure you will soon find ways to make LD ing exciting for you again.

I hope things get better for you.

Good luck
[/quote]

Hi Holy reality,
to be simple, I would say that dream yoga is what LD becomes on the daily basis of meditation and “spiritual practice” (I don’t like these words…). When you integrate your daily practice in dreams, they change.

Dm7,
when you say that you splitted into several clones, were you inside of them, did you have several points of view at the same time ?
About cancelling space, I guess the effect being different in trance state and in the dream, with a dream body. For example, if you cancel only directions (not space), your dream body will spin around its axis , without up and down. If you cancel space, you can try to move were you want, you will ever stay at the same place.
For stopping the dream, I forgot to tell that you have to stand still too. It’s easy to stop the dream when you move. But if you stay still, the dream still begin to move, unless you know how to stop it…
Anyhow, you’re a good one ! I’ll read your dream journal right now !

[/quote]

i’m usually not “lucid enough” to do those sorts of experimentations

it’s funny, a long time ago i used to be too lucid and i decided, let’s pretend these dreams are real when i get lucid, go along with them for fun… now that i’ve been doing that i want to stop.

I mean it’s just like you have a different mind while you sleep, too, so it’s hard to sit and think about what would be meaningful to do… like last night I had a brief OBE or something and I couldn’t leave my house for some reason, I was really small and the windows kept opening to more windows, and the doors wouldn’t lead to outside… so I went downstairs and my mom was there at the piano, using it as a desk, and there was a christmas tree with tons of presents everywhere.

So I talked to her, and she let me open a present “early” … it was some sort of weird looking spongebob toy… but I said “hey, I remember getting this!” …for some reason I did… but then I followed her into her room, bombarding her with dreaming questions… like… well… I can’t remember… she gave me some decent advice but then seemed unable.

I don’t know, I wish I could remember what I asked her… but I came to the idea that since I couldn’t leave my house, whatever happened was supposed to happen (the christmas tree thing)

I have quite a few randomly placed christmas trees in my LDs, it’s strange.

I saw each of myself and felt as if I were all of them and saw through all point of view. It was weird. Lol. It was like I was going insane. Lol.

But however, it’s not limited to direction or space… you just have to be creativity then anything is possible. :smile:

holy reality

I am almost wondering if that might be part of your problem. Lucid Dreaming and dream control is a skill you have to learn. If you don’t use the skill enough you can get rusty at it.

Maybe by just going with the flow you lost the ability to stay in and control your dreams. If that is the case the good news is that you can always re-learn the skill.

Like with self hypnosis or meditation with me. If I go too long with out using it I will have a hard time getting into a trance. But when I start to practice again it comes back quickly.

I don’t know if any of this applies to you or not. I don’t really know you that well yet to fully understand what you are going through.

I hope you find this a little helpful.

Good Luck

well there are a hell of a lot of good ideas there and i didnt know that so many people had done these things. I have done a few and will list them as well but not nearly as cool as some of u tell

I have done that a lot. When my enery lv becomes way to high i blow the drea apart,ussaly with anger at somthing, well that used to happen about a year ago, now i can control it. A few times i have made the dream space just disapear as you stated. Very clam space to be in, guess that is just like med right?

why did you put this under most dif? all you have to do is say stop. i didnt know that was hard?

used to do that as a kid. Never really did anything, just looked like it does off twister the movie :happy: any of yall reember that movie? ahh well. nice ideas. Some of them i would have never thought of. i will get down 2 it tonighti think. I still have a few expriments to go through and a damn name to find GAH why cant i do that :sad:

Dm7

Entering a tornado. I never thought of that. Another thing to add to my endless list of things to do in a LD.

Thanks. :smile:

Hi

In fact, when dream disappears, space usually stays, like a pitch black. You don’t see it, be you can feel it. For example, you still have a sense of gravity, of left and right.

I forgot to tell that it is hard only if you stop yourself too. For example sit down and wait one minute : there, it will be unusual if the dream doesn’t move.

Well… I don’t think that’s it… it’s just a general inability to stop, take a look around say “hey now, this dream is kind of boring… I should do something better with my time”… I use my skills regularly, flying, manipulating objects into existence… lately i’ve learned to do spiderman like things… but the problem is I don’t do them from… like… a “me” consciousness I do them from a sort of interactive movie standpoint… I don’t usually stop and toy around with things, or explore… like… if there’s a character in my dream, I parade him around with me… if I have a goal in the dream, upon being lucid, I stick to that.

I don’t usually stop, analyze, focus, and try and really find something valuable to do… it’s like I’m just normal dreaming, while lucid.

Now don’t get me wrong, this does have many advantages, as you know, you can’t FORCE your friends to have fun with you in an LD without sacrificing all realness to the experience, but on the other hand if you’re lucid and your friends show up, it’s great to just take them along on adventures with you… talk to them a bit about lucidity, show them the basics… treat them as if they are real (maybe they are?)

But the problem is really… I’d rather these really cool semi-LDs just be NDs, so that I REALLY THINK IT’S REAL… becuase I mean that just makes them better, and that gives me a disctinct separation.

If it’s a cool ND, go with it…
If it’s an LD… be methodic and contemplative about things… explore.

Not if it’s a LD, treat it like an ND so you can have fun… I want the vividness of lucid dreaming incorporated into meangingful normal dreams…

I mean sometimes I have it… but it’s like I’m too unaware to stop doing really stupid stupid stupid boring things… (spending a whole dream trying to find something i just read on a webpage for example) whereas in an LD i still do some stupid things, but not as many (like … if my LD friends are lolligagging and holding me down… I try and corral them along with me… rather than just realizing “hey they aren’t real, if they are… well… tell them to keep up or that this is goodbye for now, you’ll see them later”)

If I could meditate into a trance this would all be bypassed anyway… when you spend hours upon hours dreaming your mind is just a bit fuzzy… not like if I could just sit down right now and pop out of my body…

That’d be great.

I’ve been meaning to hypnotize myself while dreaming so that I can try and get into a trance whenever, too… but you know… I LOSE ALL SENSE OF DIRECTION AND FOCUS

sorry for this ramble, it’s too long and a bit off topic though.