White noise CD

Has anyone had experiance with white noise cds/machines? Most nights i have a hard time falling asleep and was thinking about getting a white noise cd with rain. (The cd is specifically made for white noise) I find the sound of rain relaxing. (And if i focus on it i can stop my mind from wandering…) Has anyone ever used these before? I would like to see wut it does for people.

I’ve tried ocean sounds, jungle sounds, & a couple others, but if you really want to get to sleep buy the “Oddesey” on tape. The way the words are spoken is in a rhythmic & repetitive pattern that really lulls ya to sleep. Also, you have to love the great English accent :smile: Don’t use this, though, if you’re trying to LD. It doesn’t work :alien:
cheers!

I use a white noise machine with rain to help get me to sleep. Primarily I use it to block out noise. It helps a lot with that.

Hey Meow do you know where i can get the oddesey thing or listen to a sample? Thats sounds good

In general, my favorite white noise generator is the common fan.

^ Too practical, and doing things on the cheap doesn’t help our economy. :smile:

Hah hah, I’ll have to remember that.

Be impractical everyone! It is good for the economy!

No, I mean, helping the economy is the practical thing to do. But yeah…be impractical wherever possible. :smile:

Heh’
I use a fan too!

Edit:

as a ‘substitute’ for white noise
[Thank You m2k91 for the enlightenment :content:]

:tongue:

Want to know what white noise is all about?
[Click Here]

I have multiple computers running in my room so there fans are pretty much white noise

Fans and stuff arent white noise. White Noise combines all sound frequencys into a track, its specially made. Fans just add to the noise…they could work, but its not white noise.

howstuffworks.com/question47.htm

“fan[s] produces a good approximation of white noise”

I bought myself a tape “Long relax by Silva”.Silva is very well known author of calming mind techniques-his methods are used by many people in many countries.
Not only it puts me to sleep instantly but it was first thing ever which helped me with meditation/concentration/alpha state.
Recommended!!!

kmcdonald:

Oops, i read some bad info

A fan makes a type of noise. I’m not sure if it is white noise but it is noise and probably some type of tone depending on the fan. Also I can see how stuff like a ceiling fan, and computer fan would work well. It is a more natural sound than synthesized rain or sampled rain. I’m sure it depends on the person though. I fall into a trance from real sounds, but stuff like the noise generators just iritates me for some reason. I dont know if it is because I make music knowing the sound isnt real or what.