Hallucinations

:sad: i dont want to knock LD but does ant one know the side effects and how to stop them? For a while now i have been hearing my dorr knock and no one is there. I ask others in the house and they never heard it. Other people are experiencing it so i know i am not going mad but it would be good if it would stop! :bored:

Do you hear the knocking while you lie relaxed in your bed? Or in other situations,perhaps talking to a friend or something?

Traumgänger

Madness is fun!!!:slight_smile:
And so far i guess noone would have an answer for you,but lucid dreams are more good than harmfull-i havent heard about one case of bad influence of lds.But i have heard heaps which helped.

Sometimes in certain situations in waking life, I hear strange sounds and people shouting my name, without that they actually did… Sometimes I understand that it is just illusions, but sometimes it sounds so real that I actually asks people if they did call for me. But I have no common situation where it happens, it just happens to me now and then. Oh by the way maybe it happens most when I am tired after a long travel or something. Then I may discover hypnagogical illusions too, maybe seeing people I travelled from… Maybe because I then miss the people I travel from. I travel a lot you see.

I have a lot of Hypnagogic Hallucinations. Almost every other day. Mostly they are just images, but several days ago I heard someone ringing at the door. Nobody there of course… :wink:

But I only have HH directly after waking up or when falling asleep.

I remember that when I was a kid I occasionally heard people calling my name. This was during the day. I guess that at that age my imagination was stronger.

Once I tried WILD i heard people shouting my name too… :eh: I haven’t managed to get success with WILD yet, but that is another matter.

For the record: If you seriously think you’re hallucinating you need to see a doctor. I mean it.

I believe the knocking has nothing to do with LD. I have had the same thing in my old house. A knocking coming from a wall that led to an uninhabited attic. One night I gor brave and went on an expedition to find out the source.
look: After some scary moments in the dark, it turned out to be a door that when there was a draught shook ever so slightly in it’s hinges, producing a ‘knocking’ sound. The sound somehow travelled through the wall making it sound like it came from behind the wall. In short, these things always turn out to have a boring banale explanation, so go look for it. There’s also the possibility of someone in your house trying to freak you out. As my dad used to say: don’t be afraid, be practical.

Before some of us start to panic :wink:

Maybe that goes for hallucinations during the day, but HH’s are ‘normal’ experiences. No need to worry!

:cool_laugh: I dont think i am insane. Weird mabye but definatly not insane. :eek:

LucidityX1000, its normal to hear voices when trying to WILD. I usually always hear one of my favourite bands (CMX) playing in my ears. But the music aint normal. Its some how twisted and it has strange echos and other efects in it.

ps. Hypnodude. When you talk about those HH’s. You mean hallucinations after youve woke up? I heard some voices once when i woke up. You can count that as a HH? Or do you only see images?

Indeed, most HH comes directly after waking up. Auditive-HH is also possible. (Auditive-HI also exists). I had an Auditive-HH once, so for me it isn’t common. I just see images… But you can count the voices as HH.

I have experienced the same quite often!
For HH’s I can only say, that I experienced my first HH last night and it was scary as hell…I woke up from a short sleeping cycle and immediatly I heard music coming from my radio. I pressed my head against the machine…nothing…I layed back…music…then I looked at a bag full of fresh underwear and socks, hanging on my cabinet…THEY MOVED AROUND… :eek:

scary,scary…

hahahaha, theres other crazy people here :cool_laugh: .

I’ve had weird hallucinations for a while now. It’s always the same thing, I’ll use the microwave, and then 10 minutes later hear the beeping sound like someones pressing the buttons, but it only happens when I’m next to the Microwave and no buttons are being pressed. Also one time when I woke up the Fuzzy dice hanging over my head on my bed had morphed into a blob with dalmation skin. I had to do a triple take before they turned back to normal. :bored:

Ah well just getting this to the top