Old Forums

wasn’t that the iconboard? was there one before it?

it sparkles some memories but i thought that was the IconBoard? no?

no, not the ikonboard.

This was a time before Moderators. Do you remember?

I remember Jack joining me in the complaints. :lol: as usual! :tongue: you understand I’m joking (sorta) Jack. :wink:

in the BM age?

woa that is far away…

ahhhhhhh hmm maybe it was another free forum then? because i didn’t have forum hosting at that time, and jason’s offer was in the AM age.

wow, now I hope Jack or someone else remembers. :confused: Or I’m going to start doubting myself, and thinking it’s a false memory! :tongue:

i remember the complaints but i thought that was on the iconboard?

BUT NO!!!

I REMEMBER!

(lol)

i think it was YABB :grin:

i don’t know how i was able to host that one though…
the heritage of that still exists in the little ‘who is online’ icon on the forum archive page.

Yes! yeah yeah!

and remember the joke going around at the time about “welcome to the old new forum” hmm? or was it the “new old forum”

:lol:

:happy:

and then we had the Old New forum and the Old forum and the new forum :rofl:

i think we lost a lot of users in those days when the forum kept being moved and post where lost :cry:

but i believe everybody has wandered back since :content:

I actually found ld4all through one of the old forums. there was a link set up to come here from it. :eh:

cool Moogle :smile: Yes that was probably the n54 forum!

“You see, this is the sixth version of the Matrix…”

:lol: good one :happy:

lol oh wow i remember all taht, how many years ago was that?

Edit: iu left cuz of all the fightin, glad i came back tho…hmm fighting wrong word. disagrements :razz:

Sounds like the forum went through a rough time.

Yet prehaps PHPBB was your best choice yet.

Also we are forgettingto ask, can anybody create a converter that converts N54 to PHPBB format?

I’ve tried, but atlast, I have no idea how to deal with PHPBB databases.

Otherwise, the only way to solve it would be to add all the users and manually post for each of them, 3000 topics back into place. Ehhhh.

I’ll stop talking now. I remember the old forums, in my dreams!

hmm that sounds like a lot of work. where are all them programmers when you need them :eek: oh well i like the layout of this forum it is smooth and easy to use, are you planning any changes to the forum as well Q?

First thing i remember was this forum with purple eyes/design.I just remember lots of violet/purple.Dont know what number it had or what is iconboard.But thats when i have joined first time.
And no,i dont remember myself complaining:)…maybe except this annoying fact that every time i have manage to post like 30 or so posts there has to be some changes made and we had to start all over again.
Personally i feel most sentiment to the green forum with no sections.Cant recall its name tho.Latest one before this.
its nice to bring back such memories:)

lol jack i remember you asking if all regulars could have back their postcount from the old forum so you didn’t have to start out with 0 again :gni:

yes, the green forum was the n54 forum first version. after that i changed the layout of the site in which forum was now a blue button so the bg had to be blue too :grin: - then the layout of n54 changed too … the old green one had the topics aranged like in a newsgroup with threads and topic titles for each reply.

Yeah:)
I remember that i started post count three times or so.First it was not many-30 maybe…then when there was green one n54 i think i had over 100…
Now…if its going to happen once more it will just break my nervous system down for good:)

lol you and me both :razz:. Q are you planning any further changes to the forums?

since that is the 2nd time you ask it i think i should reply now :wink:

i don’t plan any changes exept little ‘upgrades’ and i foresee a layout/color change so it matches the new layout.

lol ty Q. yer i was kinda eger to know that is all. :smile: