Using Lucid dreaming as a topic to get with this girl

i dont agree with that, i am a guy and i dont think that at all. I do psych and have studied that in class as well, i get what you mean but i think it is unfair statment to say guy talk. Read there body lang as well.

i know that statment is kinda like i dont wannna b with you but there may be a more to it then, u cant get with me. waht about family things, maybe she aint lookin atm or maybe she has a bf already.

Reading body lang is the one of most imporant things that you can do in a converstaion, if she crosses her arms leans back on one leg and says that, use your own judement, if she is placed open, well your choice

Then this means the same thing… more or less… it means give up, it won’t work, she doesn’t want it or can’t have it… right? If it’s family things or she has a bf, why pursue? It tends to make you a mess.

I’ll agree to that I suppose, but I have no experience in reading body language really…

The problem I’d have is sometimes she’d do overly flirtacious things to me, then stop doing them when I mirrored… (things such as patting me on the back more than would seem normal for her interactions with other people… like when saying something “funnY”) then she’d also just… I don’t know.

She came from a screwed up family and was extremely religious… but most of that seemed to be lies to me.

She refused to believe that I loved her too… I don’t know… it was a huge mess… I’m glad I survived it (quite literally)

holy reality, I never would have guessed that you consider yourself shy and “extremely socially inept.” If you’re ever trying to get to know a girl/ask her out, whatever, you might want to do it through writing/e-mail, since you’re so good at it. I don’t know about other girls, but knowing a guy is insightful and articulate with words is a huge plus. Just stick with your strengths. (And keep a positive attitude in that area!) Maybe if you don’t think it extremely shocking to be asked out, you’ll come across as more carefree and laid-back. Sadly, in most cases it’s the girl who waits for the guy. If that doesn’t work for you, just try to make the effort to show that you ARE interested. Shy guys who are very smart might cause girls to think/feel like “he won’t condescend to speak to me!” which isn’t what you are trying to portray.

(I don’t know why I’m giving you advice since you didn’t ask for it, but you started sharing personal information, so. . .)

Good luck with all your “girl endeavors.” :smile:

how sweet, i am jealous… she sounds really cool…

i would like to meet someone who had the same interest in lucid dreaming as me…

maybe just maybe u should say hey, have u seen waking life or the wizard of Oz… or something… maybe we could watch it together …

or ask her if she wants to see a movie…

asking the question do u want to go out with me when u dont know her all that well WILL freak her out no matter what…

well i guess my internet activities represent my repressed side… my “shadow”, my unconscious personality type, whatever…

basically I am open, honest (or try to be), and carefree on the internet… very sociable and prone to rambling on and on to a great degree about something that could be summed up in one paragraph.

In real life, I am horrible with words, really… and it’s just mainly because I lack self confidence I guess… I mean I’m sitting here and I’m fairly good at articulating myself, but you know, if I were speaking to someone in public (or on the phone) I feel inhibited, I am afraid to express myself, (on part, becuase I am so radically different than everyone else around me, I fear persecution) … I guess it can be rooted to some stuff I went through in middle school… but then again maybe not, becuase it’s certainly nothing that bothers me anymore, and I mean, maybe it was just a change of personality through adolescence, I don’t know.

I know that had some impact on me though.

But… yeah… I am extremely introverted… and I live in a place full of conservative christian republicans… if I said some of the stuff in public that I say on here … well… I’d probably have reason to fear for my safety in some circumstances.

It’s all that much worse becuase my family are like extreme opposites of me right now, and they say the most narrow-minded ignorant things that just make me sick… and I kind of want to explode on them and own them with some great counter-argument, but I can’t… you know?

Not that where I live, it matters if I vote… since I know Bush is easily going to carry this state… but I just REALLY want to expose them to the “truth” instead of what they get off tv, and you know, print up all these articles that show our paralell to nazi germany right now, that show how screwed up the patriot act, that document cases of government sponsored torture… you know like… open their eyes.

But what good would it do at all? I don’t know… on the one hand I don’t want them supporting this administration, on the other hand unless they move to a non conservative state it doesn’t matter too much… but… I don’t know… change the world 2 people at a time?

It just really bothers me that I don’t feel like I can be myself while in public though… it’s not so bad if I go far far away (and my family is not there) because then who cares what I do, no one knows me.

But whenever I act “different” (as in closer to “normal”) people are always like “whoa, he finally talks” or they say some stupid condescending crap that like… which really bugs me… makes me not want to express myself again.

But as you’ll probably come to find I’m not reluctant to share hugely “personal” tidbits of information about myself on the internet, and am prone to making these kinds of kind of off topic posts like I am making right now.

It’s probably very good for me and keeps me semi-sane.

I don’t know, I don’t feel that I really belong on this planet anymore… let alone this state. There are people like me, but the problem is, they are all just as introverted as me, probably, so how do I find them? I found one, my psych teacher, she’s even into LDs, but… you know, being how I am I have lost contact with her, and though up until now (last week of school) I could have easily gone to see her… I never did.

I have a class with her in the fall though… but… I wonder what kind of impressions I’m sending her? I like her a lot, think she’s pretty cool, would like to talk to her about things, but… well… i don’t know.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

So yeah, that’s me… no women/friends for me until at least fall, unless I get a job, which htough I desire $$$ I find unlikey, as I’m lazy and hate doing things.

to sum it up: I feel like if I moved far away from anyone I knew, including my family, that I could be free to be ME and not worry about it… but then again, how long would those feelings last? I thought that when I entered college but did I start being sociable and trying to meet people? No… I abandoned that idea pretty quickly… but then again I’m still largely rooted in my old life… if I abandoned that all, moved out, had my own place, destroyed everything familiar to me with this life, maybe I could easily be someone else.

meh.

holy reality, you are so much like my brother, it’s scary! I could write all the reassuring “crap” that you probably don’t care to hear, but I won’t. I can relate to your situation, although I don’t grapple with it in quite the same way (and I don’t feel alienated, thank God). Like you said though, at least you have the internet and can freely express yourself here without many qualms.

I got over the first part of your problems reality…with being shy and such…just took alot of inner thinking and tinkering…real hard to explain, but I built up my confidence level…if you want a quick route you can be a sarcastic jerk. That raises confidence like nothing else(just joking, although it works). Heck being funny will do that too, if you can charm a crowd with comedy you literally win them over. It works great with women too, like the one girl I was talking about above, she rarely showed emotion for a entire year, she only laughed and smiled(she did do some body langauge where she flicked back her hair) when I was funny and brought up a area of interest.

Takes some comedy courses, being funny overcomes all of life’s problems.

Update:

I asked her if she wanted to go otu this place to eat, to which she imediately replied “Im working tonight”

Since she walking to a class, I simply said “ok bye”

She doesn’t seem very interested but then again she’s always been like this, I’ll try again tommarow.

Story time! This one is so on topic, really honestly it is.

So I have 3 classes every 2 weeks with this 1 girl. (321 thats kinda weird but goin on) But I see her quite often in the halls. Since starting university I’ve totally changed right. I was the introverted nerd all through high school, luckily I managed to change.(although it has meant less time on the forums) If you’re wondering the biggest help to my changing was joining a club which resulted in a new start with a bunch of strangers. Oh yea so now I tend to be funny, sarcastic, and eminate confidence(the last ones just positive thinking for now).

So I get the girl’s attention in the hallway. And we “chat.” I was going to a fundraiser that night and suggested that she come. Imediately she says she can’t because she has tae kwon do. So I figure “REJECTED!” and say bye and head off. Then the next week on the last day of classes, she saw me at the beer gardens and caught my attention, I ended up with her number scrawled across my arm. I should have at least gotten a dance but I’d been drinking since 8 that morning (7 hours earlier)

So the point in the story is, lay back and play it cool for a little bit. You said she was shy so you obviously don’t want to hound her. I’d give her a week then ask again, if she’s working again, ask if there’s a time that would be good for her.

doops that was me a while ago. You can try it, but it left long lasting negative effects on me. I still make stupid sarcastic insults all the time… but at least I have a few more friends. I dress like an idiot simply because I’m poor, not because I don’t know what looks good!!

Oh anyways back to the subject. When you say “immediately” do you mean she sounded uncomfortable when she said it? You have to take into account how she was acting at the time you asked her plus how she acts toward you after. If she avoids you or talks less openly… sorry… You might want to talk to her a little bit more to get her to open up too. I like the idea of getting to know someone a little better before you do anything.

I’ve had only bad experiences with love, so if your instincts (or another forum member) tells you my advice is crap, it just might be. Just discrediting myself here. Holy crap I don’t think I have enough “confidence” built up.

Hmm… speaking of beer… something illegal that helps my confidence tremendously.

Yay for America… it wouldn’t be a problem if I had friends (that drank) but since I don’t I have to… resort to… not so good things…

A college student should be able to drink :sad: I mean the whole stupid reason it was changed to 21 was to stop HS kids from drinking, but permit college kids to drink, or so I gather…so why not just let you drink with proof of college ID? angry comment directed toward America

but yeah the thing with us shy people is we might act like we hate you but we might really like you… I tend to do that… you know, like saying “I’m busy tomorrow” in what might seem like a harsh voice, but it really just means I AM BUSY TOMORROW but has no reflection upon you or how I feel toward you.

We tend to do things (unintentionally) to people that causes them to think we don’t want to be talked to, etc… or that we dont’ like them… I think it might be a defense mechanism for people who have bad experiences with sociality to keep themselves from getting hurt by starting a pointless relationship.

I know I catch myself sending bad signals to people all the time, but never intend to. So that could be her case… I wouldn’t hassle her though.

Anyway… I want some hard liquor to celebrate school ending :sad:

UPDATE: According to her friends…she has a boyfriend…

like hell thats gonna stop me… :tongue:

So you’re going to become a scary stalker?

lol, I was joking. I think I’ll just ask her out anyway and see what happens…I’ll probaly never see this girl again anyhow…

A college student should be able to drink I mean the whole stupid reason it was changed to 21 was to stop HS kids from drinking, but permit college kids to drink, or so I gather…so why not just let you drink with proof of college ID? angry comment directed toward America

BY doing that it lowered drunk driving accidents and it also was enacted becuase colleges would have rampant drinking(even more so).

lol, points to location 18 dances 18!!

i’m 22 what do i care about alchy ages ? :wink:

lol, you’re evil. Do you know how long it takes to get served on a Friday night for me? Last week it just didn’t happen! I couldn’t even get served for cigs last week!!! Which REALLY pissed me off. How young do I look?!

I wouldn’t know the only pic i’ve seen of you (msn profile pic) doesn’t go higher than your chest :tongue:

Not that i have a problem with that either :cool: :cool_laugh:

Only 18 for us in Alberta, but recently they’ve been wanting to change it to 19, like that would have that much of a change? All it would do is make me lighten up on drinking until July.

Excellent idea, I drank an entire bottle of rye on the last day of school then went to the beer gardens, then the bar.

Just ask for her number if you know she has a boyfriend. Even if she’s seeing someone you have a chance. Plus if she uses the line “I have a boyfriend” you can reply “Boyfriend? What does that have to do with us getting together and braiding each other’s hair?” :grin: