Floating feeling while awake

Sometimes when i’m sitting and reading or watching tv i start to feel like i’m floating or beeing streched out. When i was younger it felt like i was streched out so much that i almost touched the roof. And it goes away if i move. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?. I would like to know what this might be if anyone knows. It kinda reminds me of the feeling i get when i try to WILD, but not exactly the same.

Can it be that i’m so relaxed that my body is beginning to fall asleep?

it’s sounds like you have a natural ability to relax your body into a meditative state. It could also be that you are sending out your aura. The aura (some people see it as a small electrical field around the body as well as other things) is usually between 1inch to 1 foot from your skin. if i remember correctly it was one of the psi-ball site states that its the aura that helps create the psiball.

people can send that aura out and spread it a little, it’s possible you were unintentionally doing this and you was feeling the extention as being floaty/stretched.

It’s also possible that it was your astral body that you were feeling and naturally the movement of your physical body brought your senses back to it completely.

If the latter is the case i would suggest try astral projection as you may have a natural gift with it.

I suspected that it might have had something to do with meditation. But i don’t know how to how to induce it, it just happens sometimes. Yesterday i was sitting infront of my computer reading this forum when it happened. Since i started to LD i have found out that i can relax my body completely anytime i want. When i relax i get a tingling sensation in my arms and legs. So i’m going to try if i can get this floating feeling if i relax my body long enough.

I’m don’t really believe in astral projection since i always look at everything from a scientific perspective. The extending of my aura seems a little more possible, but could it be used for anything? If i can learn to do it whenever i want.

yeah i think i do that same thing,. since i was very young too

when i was young,. and used to lie on my bed and do that,… i used to close my eyes and it felt like i was flying fast in space,…

i can still do it today… it mostly feels like i’m flying upwards,… but the thing is, i think i can controll the direction that it feels like i’m flying in.,

like., if i’m feeling like up flying vertically…, i can then change the feeling at will to feel like i’m flying horizontaly or diagonally or whatever…,

i dont know if its the same thing your talking about though, but it might be…

Peaceful and Jarod then you both have some talent for entering a trance, a stage where the brain shifts from waking to sleep. an inbetween stage, in between waking and sleeping. Yes it also would come in handy when u meditate or wild.

Jeff

I also did this when I was young and then I did it on purpose. I stumbled across some old Rosicrucian literature when I was about 13 and experimented with what I read. I scared myself a couple of times, because it was so easy for me to rise above and look down at myself in my bed. When I tried to talk to several different people about my experiences, the reactions I got were not good. I moved on to other things like witchcraft (because people would sometimes talk to me about that subject), always searching for more information in whatever direction opened up for me. Eventually, I began to listen to my dreams.

I will try to remember the steps of how I did this thing back in the day and try it again for myself. If I have any worthy results, I will share them here.

BTW, Peaceful, do you see anything while you are flying this way?

Love

this happens to me all the time, although i attribute it to excessive brain damage :wink: I just close my eyes and turn em the opposite direction of the direction i wanna be pushed, pulled, “floated”, etc, only kinda HI i get doing this is usually stars and planets flying by, never anything else… o wait one time it was a railroad track, but all the rest its always cosmos. its pretty cool actually

i’m not sure what you mean by a floating feeilng but often times i’ll feel very “loose” and disconnncted as if I were dreaming, or I was REALLY somewhere else, and could be brought to that place if I focused hard enough…

Unfortunately it only usually happens in odd social situations, but is not like a panic attack, just a general dissociation from “reality”…

it’s happened since I was very young too, I remember I once told my friend about it, then I started feeling it… I’m not sure if he understood what I was talking about.

and AP = OBE

AP is just a more mystical name to it… OBE is legitimate science, there are parts of the brain you can stimulate that will give people OBEs or NDEs… so I mean, it’s most certainly natural.

What actually happens (hallucinations? going to other worlds? dreaming) is up to speculation.

I’ve been hearing a lot about AP and OOBE lately, can anyone describe how to do it please?

About a month ago I tried a BWGEN preset, focused on self hypnosis.

5 minutes into listening to it, I started to feel my body rock back and forth . I focused on it, and was able to amplify the feeling. My body wasnt moving. Yet it felt like Im swinging back and forth.

Some time passed since then and I noticed I experience the same thing almost every time I relax and dont move.

At first I can feel my heart beating, then I feel my body pulsate along with my heart, then I feel separating from my body and swinging in random direction…

It used to freak me out a bit, and made me think its some kind of skitzophrenia or some weird hallucination…

But now I see a lot of people have similar thing… It makes me feel normal again…