The BIG WILD Topic - Part XI

For me it varies. On nights I become lucid I often have several LD’s in a night and each night is different for me. But, yes it is possible to WILD all night or have any combinations of WILD, MILD, DILD. It is also possible to maintain consciousness through all stages of sleep. Not easy but, some people do it. I can’t yet but, working on it.

I have 3 questions about WILD.

1. How long does it take most of you to become lucid from WILD or to atleast feel something significant such as the vibrations or SP. Last night I was doing WILD for about 50 mins and the only thing I got was the small tingling in my extremities that I always get and the lurch (read below)

2. Has anyone ever felt a LARGE lurch of your stomach? I don’t really know how to explain it, but yesterday when I was doing WILD I felt my stomach lurch (probably like when you’re about to vomit and your stomach suddenly shoots in), the lurch made my body shoot up and it was pretty surprising.

3. When you are doing WILD, will opening your eyes or moving any part of your body reset the whole process? Yesterday I was still for pretty much the whole 50 mins because I was afraid opening my eyes or moving my body would reset it.

Hello,

I also have a few questions for those of you whose are into WILD. For the most part I have stayed away from WILD in the past concentrating on WBTB, MILD, and DILD with marginal success. I’m looking to start trying WILD so I was wondering what technique people found the most effective? And what is the best advice you girls/guys have for a beginner?

ypm.

=> I can already tell that you are spending way too much time worrying about the symptoms of WILD (SP, HI what ever) This will keep you awake. Just focus on your techniques and let things happen. You need to let yourself relax and let go. As far as how long it will take? Everyone is different but, as you keep practicing you will get faster.

=> With WILD you can feel almost anything. Just before I completely crossover I often feel like I am having a seizure, I ‘ll feel like my body is being pulled in some direction etc. You may hear and see strange things or feel like you cant breath. All is normal and nothing to fear. You just have to get used to them and ignore them.

=> Yep you have to stay still. At least when you first start out. Moving will bring you back to waking consciousness. Sucks I know but trust me it is worth it and with practice it won’t be that hard at all.

It really depends on a number of factors. Probably the most significant would be how tired I was at the time. Obviously if I’m already finding it difficult to stay awake, it won’t take long for the first sign of sleep-onset to occur when I crawl into bed. It also depends how relaxed I am. If I’ve just listened to a few hypnosis files it generally won’t take more than a few minutes of laying absolutely still for hypnagogics to begin.

This is why it’s always much easier to induce a WILD if you’ve just woken from a few hours of sleep. You’ll probably still be quite tired, and you’ll certainly be very relaxed. If you try not to move too much (your limbs should still be “tingling” with relaxation), it’s often possible to get back to sleep literally within seconds. If you’d prefer it took a little longer, you can always get up for a few minutes before your attempt.

In terms of numbers, I’d say 10 to 15 minutes should take you to the first stage of hypnagogics. If it takes much longer than that I tend to get too distracted with things like temperature, those itches that I can’t scratch due to staying perfectly still, and the elaborate conversations that spontaneously occur in my head.

It’s fairly common for strange sensations like that to occur when your body is in the process of falling asleep. It indicates that you’re still conscious when usually you’d have passed out. To be honest though, I’ve never had anything as intense as you describe. It’s usually just random sounds, vibrations, tingling relaxation, etc.

Hard to say, and I guess it’s different for everyone. I try not to move at all, because I always think it’ll reset the process and I’ll have to start again. My main objective is to completely relax myself, almost as if I was completely cutting off the connection to my limbs. It’s difficult to describe, but you can feel when you’ve fully “let go” of a part of your body, and it only takes a second to do it.

To be honest, though, you shouldn’t even be thinking about your body. In fact, you shouldn’t be paying any attention to it whatsoever. The idea is to occupy 100% of your attention with internal constructs, so you don’t notice these things occurring to your RL form.

A few nights ago, I accidentally discovered WILD after I woke up one night. I had first heard about lucid dreams only two days before this happened, and I didn’t read anything about WILD at all. I just stumbled upon what WILD was the next day. Very weird that I woke up that night, and concentrated on the blackness when I closed my eyes then next thing I knew I had sleep paralysis. I got too excited and woke up moments after my vision started fading into an image. The next night I tried it again, I was laying on my chest this time. When I started to feel the sleep paralysis my heart started beating so hard that my breathing became very studdered and irregular. I don’t know if this is a normal event, or if it was because I was laying on my chest. I stopped the WILD after a minute or so of trying to calm my breathing and heart down, I didn’t want to do something I would regret because of my inexperience. Is the rapid heart beat normal, or will it go away after I experience WILD a few times? If you want to know, I’m 19, so I it isn’t any heart conditions of any sort.

From what I’ve read, yes that is very normal.

Last night I almost WILDed again, but as usual I snapped out of it. But then I somehow found a way to focus on the HI without snapping out of it. HI goes away quite fast for me, each HI scene/object usually only lasts for a few sec. Last night I managed to look at it for atleast 10 sec, and I had the feeling that I get in LD’s where I can feel the dream. I think by practicing to hold on to this feeling I might prolong my LD’s :content:

Hey, y’got another person who’s decided to try and learn WILD.

And I’ve got one question… how can you tell when you’ve entered SP?

Oh, and one mroe thing. When I was attempting WILD one time, my legs and arms suddenly became painful and weak. I couldn’t take it after a while, and opened my eyes.

Well, I saw why my arms and legs were weak. They had pivereted so that my chest was leaning out (imagine someone laying on a bed, and then having a chest burtser thingy from Alien’s shooting out of their chest - that was the postion I was in).

I’ve never heard of that happening before… has anyone else experinced it? I think it might have been because I was trying to relax so hard, that I infact did the oppostie and tensed my muscles?

You will definately know when you have entered SP, there’s no way to miss it. I usually start getting vibrations all over my body that get very intense after a while.

Yes it is very obvious becuase when you are fully in SP you cannot move.

It usually takes my about 10-20 minutes unless I am very tired in which case it takes about 5.

Yes, this is one of the things I have felt. I believe it is called the Myclonic Jerk and happens as you are falling asleep.

Yes, I have spent a significant portion of the night WILDIng especially is I am on a role.

Yes, it is absolutly possible to WILD every time you wake up.

Thanks!

how do you keep myoclonic jerks from happening lucidity master?

how long did it take you to be able to WILD from the beginning of the night?

I can’t I just jerk in/out over and over again, sometimes I can hit a jerk when I’m not even tired at all in the slightest, nor drowsy, nor seeing visuals.

Hi, I’m new here :smile: I tried WILD a couple of times (without success) after i unintendedly experienced sleep paralysis without trying to do anything specific, just thought about something and then it set in, in no time. I have a couple of problems:

1. Just how sleepy do you have to be until you normally loose consciousness or experience sleep paralysis respectively? I just lie there like i normally go to sleep, just with the difference that i put my focus on something. I try this until i really get very very tired and then i just want to fall asleep unconsciously, because i am to tired to do any more WILD. trying WILD is like any other activity for me that gets you very tired after a while, like reading a book for example. that makes me stop doing WILD (like i stop reading a book when i’m too tired). what to do about that? go further and further, until eventually sleep paralysis sets in? will it really eventually set in even if i need to hold on to WILD nearly all night??

2. i still have a bit of fear about sleep paralysis and the things to come even though i absolutly know that there is absolutely nothing to fear about it. so when i focus on something (trying to do WILD), i sometimes find me briefly worrying a bit about the things to come. but i want no fear because i know it will make WILD more difficult to accomplish. what to do about that? how do i eliminate the fear once and forever?

3. no matter how i lie in bed, doing WILD takes so long for me, so that eventually i just have to scratch myself somewhere or i just have to lie otherwise. if i ignore that, then it really disturbs me in doing WILD :sad: should i give in? i think it would not be that bad, because i don’t think i am that more awake after i do give in… is that right?

4. i find that focusing/concentrating on something while trying to sleep makes me think that i will never go to sleep because i think it will always keep me awake. but i will go to sleep consciously with that eventually, right? (just so i know i am not doing this for nothing :happy: )

5. what exactly do i need to do once SP has set in? (<- i hope i will need the answer to this question soon enough…)

oatmeal

=> How long it takes varies from person to person.
=> I suggest using a progressive relaxation technique or do some meditation. This will help you clear your mind and relax your body. I have a progressive relaxation technique in the meditation thread. Just do a search for meditation on this site and you will find a thread called meditation.

=> It just takes practice. You will get used to it and learn to ignore the things you experience when you enter the hypnogia. Actually, if you are like everyone else you will jump from fear to thinking this is cool. ( Which is just as bad as fear ) I wish there was some great technique to help but, there isn’t. With practice you just get to a point where you learn to ignore it.

=> LOL That happens to everyone. The best advice I can give you is to ignore it and try to take yourself deeper. Once you get deeper you won’t feel it any more. If you move to scratch you bring your self back into the waking state. If you are careful you will not have to start all over again but, you will lose some ground. But, some times you just have to
scratch. :grrr:

=> No you are not doing it for nothing. Again, it just takes ( you are going to get tired of hearing this word) practice. The trick is that you do not want to stay too awake. You need to clear your mind of all thoughts and just keep your attention on one small detail. In my opinion you should keep your attention to something in your mind. If you can visualize then create a simple image in your mind and just observe it and let all other thoughts go. Keep letting more of your awareness go a little at a time.

The 3 things to keep in mind :

1. you have to let go of almost all your awareness of the real world.
  2. you have to keep your attention to one small little detail that does not require any thought. What ever you focus on you just want to be slightly aware of it.
  3. You don’t do anything. Just worry about using your technique and just let things happen. All you do is keep letting go. Any exercise of will or emotion on your part will keep you awake.

Welcome to the forum

I know this sounds complicated but it really isn’t. It is actually quite easy. It is just hard to explain.

Good luck and Happy Dreaming

I had some great WILD success today…

(in the morning though)

What I did was I couldn’t get tired, and it was only 6 a.m. so I was not gonna get up that early, I imagined something like this

thinking

…not thinking

and whenever I thought, I would light thinking up, it was black… then whenver I’d try and not think I’d light not thinking up, which was kind of white…

Now this is mentally draining becuase I’m constantly thinking, and when I try to stop, it isn’t for very long… and it was this sort of motion where I’d move energy up/down a lot, rather then JUST visualize… so that got me groggy

then I made up some word like why-care or … or something… I don’t remember it too well, and I’d say it in my head in time with the fan whenever I’d get drowsy, this of course created associations with the word and drowsiness (small associations) and so I was saying it over and over… and then an image of a cannon firing came to be while I was saying it, which jolted me back into focus, so then I imagined the cannon while saying it… pretty soon sometimes I was hearing it fire, and pretty soon I was so groggy that i lost focus.

I found myself in landscapes briefly, and then I’d come out and try and hold onto them but couldn’t… then once I managed to get conscious during one and ran away, trying to stay inside… only to come back.

Eventually I was in a crappy unvivid dream about being in the army, and then some guy todl me I was free to have fun, but no napping… well… I was thinking about dreaming, and then I jolted awake, into vibrations…

I was going through a purple tunnel, like a dream gateway, or something… and well, for more details on that, see my dream journal, it was amazing… so much better than any LD… I guess it was probably akin to AP or phasing or something, all I know is I want to do it again!

ok thanks very much milod ^^

but i have some questions again.

first of all i found out that the medition/relaxation technique you mentioned in the other thread is fairly exhausting to oneself, because you (as you said in the medition thread) have to tense your muscles in your arms and body several times. and i don’t really like doing sports-like stuff when i want to relax… but yes, in the endeffect it does work, so thanks for that :smile: (but i - like i said - hate the 1st part of the excercise where you have to put that tension to your body…)

that “taking yourself deeper” thing happens automaticly if i follow the WILD guidelines, doesn’t it?

what do you mean by “Keep letting more of your awareness go a little at a time”? i thought you always have to keep litte attention on something, not let it go, or else you will fall asleep unconsouisly… can you be a bit more precise on what you mean by letting more of your awareness go a little at a time?

btw i usually have a fairly hard time visualizing things, even if it is just a circle or square, i just can’t stabalize the image in my brain, i just can’t see it in my imagination, but i try do…what do i do about that?

sometimes though images sporadically come into my head and sometimes i take them and try to continue visualising parts of them, but i can’t hold on long to that, although it seems to be easier then creating an image in my head from scratch… btw why do these (sometimes frightening) images come into my head (just sporadically)?

btw i was about to WILD last morning, but i wasn’t trying it (why did it happen then?? it never before happened without trying, except once (see my first post in this thread)), it just started to happen that my whole body was somehow feeling like it was vibrating like electric (believe it was SP), but my fear somehow was greater than my will to do WILD, so i stopped it by moving parts of my body. silly me, always doing what i actually don’t want to :happy:

one last question: do those other sensations concerning WILD (sounds/imagery/hallucinations etc) all happen after SP has set in??

In stead of doing the first part of the exercise just take a few relaxing breaths like I mention in the exercise 2 x then forget about your breathing an allow your breath to find it’s own pace. Then just let go of all the tension in your body. From there you can follow just the 2 nd part of the exercise.

Yes, you do have to keep your attention on something. But, you only want to pay slight attention to something otherwise I find that I will stay awake. If you go back a few pages you will find a post from Dm7. She explains this a little better than I do. You don’t maintain a level of consciousness like you have right now as you are reading this. Mmm how to explain. Have you ever gone into a daydream state where you are thinking about something and you are so absorbed in it that you are oblivious to what is going on around you. Well, you want to have even less consciousness then that. You keep letting yourself go until you have just a thread of awareness to hold on to as you drift into the hynogia. I find that if I have too much consciousness I get stuck in the hypnogia and will eventually get jolted back to full waking consciousness. So just pick one small thing to concentrate on as you let go of all other thought’s.

Also, I am curious. Are you doing WILD at bed time or do you use WBTB. You can do it at bed time but, you might want to use WBTB as well at first. I say this because you can drift through the hypnoia much faster with WBTB. It’s just a thought not a requirement. If you keep practicing you will succeed either way.

It’s a bit late here and I had a long day so my brain is sort of in shut down mode at the moment. I hope this is helpful to you and not confusing you more.

Holy-Reailty

Usually I just lay on bed for a short while and I get the myclonic jerk. After that I try to immediatly enter deeper into sleep by using things such as 61-point relaxation becuase I find that once you pass a certain stage of sleep the myclonics stop. The trick really seems to be preventing the myclonic jerk from waking you back up fully.

Hope this helps

I, under normal circumstances cannot do it at the very beginning of the night due to the delta sleep barrier in which all consiousness is lost. But after a REM period or two I can WILD away. This took me about 4 1/2 months to develop.

i’ve found sometimes i have HI and general noises in the night but I"m not tired, like last night I was tired but didn’t go to sleep, rather fantasized for far too long about stupid things, by the time I decided to try to fall asleep I could see brief scenes flash in my head and hear what sounded like someone changing radio channels frequently, but I wans’t at all tired or groggy.

I tried to listen a bit and fell asleep with no myoclonics…

so… can you, in an awake state, use these mild HH s to project, or enter SP, or something? I really don’t understand how, because they aren’t VIVID and they are HARD to get to intesnify but focusing on them, because you aren’t tired at all, so your mind is prone to wandering and then the images don’t deepen…

yet, the images are there and you’re awake, is there something to be done in that situation, awake with mild flashing dream scenes and noises to enter a dream or at least SP without falling asleep?

Lately when I try to WILD in the morning I fall asleep and eventually end up lucid after a LONG and STUPID NREM dream about watching tv or something, I"d love to be lucid in NREM dreams, it’s quite fun, but other than when my mind helped me out by making me say “sleep parlaysis” the other day, I haven’t had that happen… well it also tried to help me out by having me read the definition of a " DILD " but… that didnt’ clue me in.

So… hmm. I can’t WILD like that at night though, I get myoclonics too much and then get insomnia.