Is this true?

Ok, well, up until now ive known that dreams take place in our minds and created entirely in our minds.
Ive discovered this site, and even though Ive never had an LD the idea doesnt seem too unreal.
However, on here theres also talk of shared dreaming, and stuff like that, and if this kind of thing was possible it would mean that dreams arent just in our own minds, and all this seems unreal/farfetched for me to believe, and im not saying its not true or not possible because I dont have enough experience in this subject to make any claims like that, but it does seem very… unbelieveable.
Like this which I’ll quote from the lucid dreaming FAQ that someone posted the link to in another thread-

“2.24. How can I leave my body from a Lucid Dream?
As you may have understood by now dreams take place outside your body. They are happening in the mental plane where you might meet other people or easily go down to the physical plane and travel in time and space. Being in a reality where you can do whatever you want is much more fun than being stuck in the physical plane. But exploring the physical world can also be fun, and many different and useful things can be done on the physical plane. One technique is imagine a door and talk out loud your desire to enter the physical location when you go through that door. More techniques on how you can leave your body can be found in my Out of Body Experience FAQ”

Is all this stuff true?

Well ViperX this is a very debated topic. Many people will swear that this stuff is real but then you have others that say its bogus crap.

In my mind the OBE thing is just a very realistic dream, as I have peformed some tests of mine own such as hiding an unkown playing card of on self and looking at it in a supposed OBE, memorizing it and seeing if it is the same IRL. It never was for me.

As for shared dreaming I really don’t have a clue.

Well…
Another way to find out would be to like, have an “OBE” and fly (can you fly in OBE’s?) to somewhere youve never been before in real life, and then remember what its like there, and then go there in real life to see if its the same as it was in the OBE…

I would try this myself if I had the ability, but unfortunately, I cant :sad:

^^^ robert peterson, the author of Out of Body Experiences: How to Have Them and What to Expect did that and found that he actually was out of his body and not in a dream (he could fly in his OBEs btw)

not that i’m suggesting that he’s the last say in the matter, just take from that what you will… that’s a really good book btw, i highly recommend it… he encourages readers to not take his word for it and experiment for themselves… which i would be more than happy to do, but i couldn’t ever wiggle out of my body the two times i came close to OBEing :sad:

try the rope method, it’s great.

basically, envision (not necessarily trying to see it) that you are climbing a rope, reach out with your “hands” and grab a hold of it, keep pulling until you are out.

"In my mind the OBE thing is just a very realistic dream, as I have peformed some tests of mine own such as hiding an unkown playing card of on self and looking at it in a supposed OBE, memorizing it and seeing if it is the same IRL. It never was for me. "

I’ve had mixed results with that… the card is always shattered and fragmented as if I am trying to view it with 2 different sets of eyes.

In fact I do have a theory that we have different “eyes” for viewing different “planes” and usually the dream eyes are dormant…

I say this becuase sometimes I have dreams about my room where it appears I am seeing two different scenes at once, fighting each other… it’s very disorienting…

maybe it means my eyes are just open IRL ? BUt if so I can’t see what I was was seeing from where I was laying so… who knows.

I haven’t really had any OBEs which seemed like I was in the real world though.

I’ve had that exact thing happen (back when I could reach vibrations). So confusing! I think it has to do with the actual projection, splitting in two. Is that an OBE? No way. Is it a simple lucid dream? yes but sometimes much different

No idea. Don’t know, and at the moment, don’t honestly care. Once I get better at inducing LD’s, then I’ll start thinking about it.

But it would be cool if you could have a shared dream with a freind, wouldn’t it? You could have a fight that makes the Matrix look like an arm wrestle…

I am afraid that you will not find any quick answers on this one.

What people describe as OBE does sound a lot different than LD ‘s including WILD’s.

I believe that LD ‘s are just in your mind. Nothing you see or do is real. However that is just my opinion for what its worth. I have no way to prove or disprove any theory.

I think that things like OBE, shared dreaming etc if they are real exist outside of ND and LD.

I am continuing to experiment with different things and so far I have never had a OBE or shared dream.

Good luck.

if you want to experiment with OBE all you have to do is think about your body in a lucid dream, and perhaps lie down, or force yourself awake, but with the intent of entering into SP.

frankly I see no difference but I do kind of desire to have a good old fashioned OBE again… I think I’d like to try and manually separate without vibrations, see if that takes me to the “physical”