New questions

This morning, I had my second lucid dream ever. Like the last time, I’ll write a few sentences about its contents, then I ask some questions - answers are highly appreciated :wink:

I stood in some kind of building, perhaps it was a school or something like that. There I was between steps and a door. I saw an old women through the door, but I went to the toilet which was nearby. There I used the paper towel and looked in the direction of the door. A rather large dog, which stood onto stilts or even legs looked through the abutted door and I recognized him quickly, but in RL, I didn’t met such a dog. I jumped into his direction and he went backwards.
Then I returned to the toilet, watching the trash bin which was now much more stuffed than before. This made me doubting and after I went into the toilet, watching some strange guy onto the toilet, I eventually stopped doubting I was in a dream.
I performed the “nose” RC and this proofed my suspect. Then I jumped through the (closed) window, slowly sliding through the air to the pavement. I intended to change the location and just started to fly.
It was really easy and then I met a friend who flew with me. We flew through an open building, but then my dream stopped and I awoke in RL.

Here we go with my questions:

• Why cannot I fall like in RL to the pavement?
  • I tried to speak or to shout inside my dream. But some kind of force suppressed it, but some moaning instead worked. Is speaking impossible in LDs?
  • What’s the efficient solution to do some lucid traveling through the world? Have I to fly to the sky to get to other countries, should I demand a taxi to the airport or is there another possibility to quickly ‘change’ to another country I knew some images, some history and people from?

Thanks in advance!

Since this is only your second LD it is not surprising that you had some difficulties. Don’t worry this definitely improves in time. Everyone has problems of some sort at first. You just need to get used to being lucid in your dreams. It is a new experience and like any new experience it takes some time to adjust to it.

As soon as you realize you are dream use a stabilizing/prolonging technique right away and allow your self a second to stabilize things.

As far as speaking in a dream I have never had a problem with this. I am not sure if it is because of low lucidity or what. See if stabilizing things helps.

Getting around- This will definitely improve.
=> Everyones fav is spinning. As you spin you tell yourself that you will be ( name the place) when you stop.
=> Approach any door and tell yourself that when you open it you will be ( name place) but really believe the place you want to go will be just beyond the door
=> Flying of course.
=> Be creative and invent your own techniques. I mean you could walk down the street and just say when I go around the corner I’ll be in ancient Egypt. What ever technique you use you just have to really expect it to work.

Here we go with my questions:

• Why cannot I fall like in RL to the pavement?
    You can, you have to desire to fall and be in the right dream environment… skyscraper dreams are the best where you can clearly see the ground before you jump, and you have a general notion of how the physics of hitting the ground, falling, etc, work.

For example if you are familiar with a building you see a lot, perhaps have been up in it, been close to it on the ground… that’d be a good one to jump from in the dream.

Sometimes you will encounter quirky alittude/flying problems, and I’m not sure what determines it… maybe the sub-c has to load gravity programs or something?

• I tried to speak or to shout inside my dream. But some kind of force suppressed it, but some moaning instead worked. Is speaking impossible in LDs?
    It’s best not to speak in LDs but use your mind, after a few moments it feels normal… it has to do with you actually trying to talk in real life, and can wake you up… so if you find while you are yelling, talking, singing, etc, if you are out of breath, stop, and use your mind… I’m not sure why this is more of an LD problem than ND problem though. It might only happen when you are closer to waking up.

• What’s the efficient solution to do some lucid traveling through the world? Have I to fly to the sky to get to other countries, should I demand a taxi to the airport or is there another possibility to quickly ‘change’ to another country I knew some images, some history and people from?
    Well… some people belive you can travel the REAL WORLD, but I really don’t think this is true, I’m open to the possibility but I haven’t really been able to experience it.

So if your intent is to fly across the earth in real time as if it were real, you’d better study geography or something, or try and find an entrance ot the physical plane… however that is done.

Flying is usually not efficient long distance transport… example… you see the moon, think “hey i want to fly to it” that can be very hard, and sometimes when you get to it, it’s sitll tiny sized and you can’t fit on it.

Sometimes you can eactually seem to enter space.

Spining is a good solid method that should stablize your dream… but I prefer flying in the air, closing my eyes and envisioning my destination…

Doors are great… open a door that would lead to exiting a scene (such as your front door) and before you step through say “I think I’ll go to ___________” this can cause a movie like effect where you stumble in blackness for a while and your desired target slowly fades in, which is very asethetically pleasing.

You can try creating portals, those are tricky and seemed to have a delayed loading effect for me… unless I can actually see the location inside the portal and convince myself that I’ll totally be immersed in it when I go through.

Basically a rule of thumb is if it’s out of view, you can create it, or go to it… meaning stick your hands behind your back, pretend you have a guitar (while remembering what guitars look an feel like) and you should be able to pull one out of nowhere.

I suppose if you were strongly willed/imaginative you could simply turn around and be in a new location.

But the point of this is the black void is the best way from getting to a new location, you just have to keep yourself in motion and not stay too long… if you become aware of your sleeping body spin or fly very fast to avoid waking up.

and of course these are just all my findings, things could be completely different for you, and probably will to a degree, but i think most of us have similar means of doing things in dream.

Interesting. I have never had any problems with talking. Though I have heard of other people who have. Everyone is different.