Sleep Paralysis Prevention

Ok i know that all of you are going to say why would you want to stop sleep paralysis but i will tell you why.

I have had SP five or six times per night every night for a month. My SP expierience is really wierd, it starts off with the half buzzing half beep noise and then with my eyes open i see objects in the room move and drag me on to the floor and jab me and strangle me. It wouldent be that bad if i didnt feel ALL of the pain. With my eyes closed i feel like im being flung around the room smashing into things while being jabbed with stuff. One time i was spun around so fast it felt like the blood was going to rip out of my head and feet. During SP i am extremely terrifyed, i can wake myself but its really hard to do and after waking up my heart is beating really fast and i am drenched in sweat.

My question to you is “How do i stop sleep paralysis?”

are you sure that is SP and not a bad OBE or Recurring Nightmare?

As for how to stop it can’t help there sorry.

i used to have repeating SP nightmares every single night for a few weeks in a row, and the only way I could stop them was by confronting them, trying to get out of body while it was going on, and fighting.

ive tried not waking myself to see how long i could stay in SP to see if a tolerance would build up.

but SP still remains scary and painful

do the vibrations hurt you?

SP without vibrations is very uncomfortable, but if you will them in it feels very nice and meditative…

by vibrations I mean like full body, or near full body, activity… I find them kind of soothing.

i’ve heard that sometimes SP plays on your fears,that whatever you find scary is sometimes what you’ll see if you panic and let it,

try to embrace it and calm yourself, and maybe thinking about happier things will help?
another idea… maybe shutting off your thoughts/internal dialogue while it’s happening?
it’s often your internal dialogue that works things into a frenzy…

do you sleep on your back? if so, maybe you should try a different position…

PS. have you had OBEs? if not you’d be wasting a big opportunity…
if you like the idea of them… :wink:

to get out of SP start by moving something small, fingers and toes, and work your way out. or try shaking your head. it’s an impossible struggle but keeping at it should get you out.

but why not explore this more? try and get free from your body and regain control of your dreaming/astral? self. also just observe what happens and don’t add with internal feelings/dialogue

Well, I wouldn’t try to stop the SP. You are in the perfect state for LDs and SP. Obviously you can see this because of your severe hallucinations. I would find it significant to most likely classify this as a FA. I don’t believe that your eyes are actually open while you are hallucinating.

Use this “horible” state to your advantage, it is a dream. Just get up, and look at your hands and rub them together. You have to believe you can get up, because it is a dream, otherwise you would be waking up right away. If this is happening all the time, don’t worry about it, and don’t try to stay in this state, move into a lucid dream. You are in probably the best position to experience lucid dreams every night.

that does sound scary, you actually feel the pain of all this stuff which is happening to you?
Well, what everyone else has said so far sounds right, I know that dreams can cause lots of fear, I didnt know you could feel pain in them though…

ill try to believe its a dream and just get up and turn it to a LD

and im on 2tbs of nutmeg so i dont know how my sleep will be affected tonight

You can definitely feel pain… especially if you believe that it is real. I had a dream last week that was like the regular… oh no my teeth are falling out dream, except they were cracking. When I tried to eat something I felt the pain shoot through my mouth, so even when doc from back to the future came in a said… don’t worry, see these records your teeth will be fine, lets get on the with adventure… I still thought it was real… lol

I never lie on the same side for more than a minute or two when i go to sleep, or when i sleep in the morning. I don’t know why it works but it has been over 10 months since my last SP.

Try findind a certain position to sleep in or moving your bed around. I only get sleep paralysis if I sleep on my back or on my stomach with my head to the right. I tried drinking a glass of water once and it helped.