Alcohol best way to lucid dream

Yes, some people do experience REM rebound which may cause you to experience long and vivid (though not necessarily lucid) dreams. After a short time your body will compensate so any potential benefit you get would only be temporary.

yeah alocohol… i have had a few lds after drinking…

but somtimes no recall… might depend on how much u drink… how drunk u are when u fall asllep etc…

hmm

but also i might add that you are still not compleatly conscious… because u are affected by the alcohol…

may act kind of drunk in your lds…

but i guess there is no one way to anyting… except maybe obvious things… to die you must die…

well… i guess that is like that for everything… hmm… i am crapping on…

anyway natural is what i think… naturally inducing lds is more rewarding:D

but yeah you might drink and might become lucid

ever try an ounce of Calea Z steeped in a bottle of vodka for a week, then take a shot right before sleep??

If you are going to use alcohol to influence your dreams, you need to use the right kind of alcoholic drink and use it in moderation.
In my experience beer and spirits are bad. Red wine is quite good but white wine is the best. If you have a few glasses of white wine before you go to bed it will enhance your dreams and possibly help you to become lucid.
It’s not a good idea to get drunk though, this will have the opposite effect and ruin your dream recall.
The best method here (if you can stomach it) is to set an alarm to wake you at 5am. Stay awake for half an hour and drink two or three glasses of white wine (depending on your tolerance). During this time, use the MILD method ie; tell yourself that you will have a lucid dream when you go back to sleep. Keep this thought in mind and really believe it. This is a great method for inducing lucid dreams.

[color=indigo]That doesn’t work for me. Whenever I have a few glasses of white wine, I have absolutely no dream recall.

Carling gives me EXCELLENT DR though. And really cool before sleep dreams lol. Have no idea what they r. I think I’d class it as HI dunno.[/color]

You can get the same outcome without adding the alcohol.

I think you have the answer there. But I think that a big (huge) cup of tea before bedtime would prolly be a better sustitute for alcohol. Every time you get up in the middle of night is a good opportunity to fall into REM-sleep and have an LD.

I’ve never had an LD after I got “wasted” so far. But my normal “drunk” dreams are always interesting. To tell the truth, I’m not exactly sober now… Would be cool if i had some kind of bizarre LD tonight!

Alcohol gives me great dream recall, and vivid dreams, and I don’t get up to go to the toilet.

However, in my alcohol dreams i don’t tend to be thinking too clearly.
My vodka & red bull dreams are too chaotic.

Has anyone tried absinth? I’ve read that it makes you drunk with a clear head.

I mean the proper stuff with wormwood in it.
it’s menat to act on the neurotransmitter GABA in some way.
This is what gives absinthe experiences their clarity of thought, apparently.

It’s legal in most places now I believe.

When I’ve been drinking alcohol, I’m always so tired that I fall asleep as soon as my head’s on my pillow. and I sleep really deep. I seldom remember any dreams at all then… :sad:

I have had 2 LDs from 19 in morning after a night spent with beer drinking. Both times they surprised me, because my head was heavy, and many times when sober and with light head i just don’t get LD even if i have hardly tried to have one.

Actually one of those 2 was today morning. Unlikely last nights (i use to drink beer only once a week), i was too tired to do any decent MILD (only shortly reminded myself that if i see a dream i recognize that it is a dream). So it came as surprise to have a relatively long and high level LD today morning. Seems that in my LD even my head was more clear and light than IRL :tongue:

Still, i prefer not to use alcohol for LD’s. There are plenty other methods for it. But if i get one after relaxful evening, then its like a berry on the top of pie :grin:

I never get up to pee during the night, not even after heavy drinking… So that is definitely not the reason in my case.

alcohol gives me really messed up dreams… fish DCs or im a planet
I don’t really like going to sleep wasted…

Alcohol kill my lucidity. I still become lucid most often by noticing all those little inconsistancies we find in our dreams.

Alcohol supresses the logic and reason centers of the brain, so after a few drinks, I might as well forget about it.

I’ve also noticed that if I do have an LD, it is fuzzy and I have almost no control.

Alcohol gives me light sleep, and vivid (sometimes nightmarish) dreams, but unfortunately it doesn’t help me with LD’s… I have to set a clear intention that I want to have an LD before going to bed, and that’s quite difficult when I’m drunk :neutral:

Same here.

As far as I know alcohol kills REM sleep. Some people claim it works but, even those people say it does not work for long. After a couple of nights the brain chemistry adapts and you loose what ever small advantage you might gain after just a few days.

I agree. I drink beer usually once per week, and if i’m correct then i have had at least 4 LDs out of 24 what i got after drinking beer at evening. Of course those dreams happened in next morning, but most of my LDs happen in morning, not during nights. So it might actually give me small advantage, but i’m pretty sure that drinking more often would “kill” my dreams.

That is what people call REM rebound. The alcohol deprives you of rem sleep during the first part of the night so, in the morning your brain makes up for the lost REM. As a result you may experience long vivid dreams. However, that does not necessarily mean you will be lucid in them.

Alcohol actualy used to give me fitful uncomprehensible dreams…
it would keep me in between dreaming and awake with my eyes closed, trying hard to just sleep…

Alcohol also gives me vivid dreams and increased lucidity. Last time I had 3 Lds and they were all pretty crazy.

What does the trick for me, is to goto bed just as you are starting to get sober again.
If i goto bed totally wasted, then i usually dont have much luck either.
But going to bed just a bit tipsy, seems to give me much higher chance of LD’s in the next morning and they are generally quite vivid also.