Dreams or Imagination?

:help:
I have this problem (not really a problem, just a question). Whenever I wake up and start writing down my dreams i end up confused and thinking hardcore about The Human Mind. There are always some main themes I remeber for sure, the big things, main characters and events, You know. But when i go more into details, I am not very sure what do I really remember from the dream and what I am just making up (what actually happened in the dream and what I want to have happened there or somehow). It’s kind of foolish, but how do You differ where Your dream memories end and fantasies start? Confusing! :shrug:

That also happens with me . I think that there is a time between being awake and being dreaming where you start imaginating things and making a sequence of events , then you fall asleep . I guess you should just write everything you remember (imagination or not) . In time , Im sure it will get easier to distinguish what was in your dream and what was not . :content:

If that was simple Ivi you already would have found that out for yourself!
I would only write down what i could really remember as part of my dreams.
maybe that is little then in the beginning…but it trains u to be selective in your mind over time.

jeff

Well, I haven’t actually had this problem, but I’d say try and not force yourself to remember things.

I have that same problem also, if anything try to take every clue and idea step by step. Normally when i dream, i have no idea what’s going on untill the extreme part of the dream. What im saying, is i dont even realise im dreaming until something bigs happens. So when i write down my recall, it’s hard to follow up to the beggining of the dream, so much detail! But that’s the whole idea of writing these dreams down, because it helps you become more aware. And it has :grin:

This doesn’t usually happen with me. Normally when I wake up I either have a complete memory or I have a little snipet. When I have just little snipets I focus on them and after a short while the whole dream comes back.

Personally, I don’t think it matters and you should write down both. HI is created in the same way as dreams; OK, so there’s less detail (no full vision, usually, and no tactile sensation), but I think you could still put some interpreting to it.

Mmmm I have never had this problem either. I would suggest you just write down only what you actually remember. The hole point is to get to know what your dreams are like and to learn to remember them. If all you remember is a fragment then just write down the fragment Don’t worry in time you will remember more of your dreams with no trouble.