John Titor

Even if he is for real the fact he came back in time would alter the time line, anyone knows that going back in time can alter the time line simply by standing on a bug :meh:

Titor would have to be a moron to come back in time and interact in any form.

Titor also refers say the following

why would he refer to it as that? In his era if wouldn’t be “high” tech it would be normal. So that one quote makes me disbelieve.

His time machine pictures look like something i’ve seen before but i can’t place them. (actually looks like a very old CB set)

He has given no real scientific knowledge that isn’t already freely availible on google/books though his explination of time travel requires changing a few words from certain Sci-fi programs.

his knowledge of singularities seems a little mis-informed and while creating gravity wells (black holes) seems like a logical explination there is no real way to stop everything else following you.

Why does he doubt it? he already stated that 20% don’t care about the implications of time travel - so why would he be so doubtful?

I find it interesting that he uses the terms “web” and “internet” one would think that after 30+years these terms would have changed somewhat.

He also asks why we are so interested in Bill Gates, well concidering this “Windows Longhorn” which i suggest you ALL read up about as you will find it extremely interesting. Concidering this could be a BIG turn about for OS’s he would really know why he was asked that.

– However on the total flip side of this IF he is right i can see “Windows Longhorn” being the inevitable end of Microsoft. (For those that have heard about “Windows Longhorn” and it’s planned programs built in you will know why i say that.) So that’s interesting as he said this before Longhorn was heard of. But could be nothing more than coincidence.

• how can it be if there are wars? That ain’t fine.

he also talks about how the english language is the same with the obvious slang differences but even his slang is the same.

I don’t use this quote against JT simply against the asker “Bloody Idiot” ahem if we were to start using fibre-optics right NOW internet bandwidth would be over 1000times faster than the current fastest broadband/DSL modem. This could be implimented now and it would be cheaper than narrowband/Dialup for faster than DSL speeds, the reason phone companies won’t do it is because “it’s too much work” - so it wouldn’t take a genius to figure the answer to that question.

You don’t want to draw attention to yourself so your doing it in a public place? It’s not a big blue police phone box is it?

2Gs is less than you feel hitting the breaks on a car. The average human generally blacks out around 6-8g’s.

If anyone has seen/knows where to find these “technical specs” Titor meantions i would love to take a look at em.

The strangest thing on this Titor was those emails a group of
people from the Anomalies board gave to him, encrypted of course, for him to send to themselves in the past.

They did not recall receiving any email but strange things
happened to all of them. Odd dreams, deja vu’s etc.

Is the story over yet?

Now a guy named Alexander has posted saying he’s from 2039 and that he knew John Titor and that Titor died in 2038.

Now a person claiming to be his mother has written a book about Titor - the book is available from Amazon.com!

laughs I guess we’ll all have to wait and see won’t we. :cool:

A Corvette, a DeLorean… it’s a car on four wheels isn’t it? g

is quite sceptical about time travel

It’s something about ‘If men were able to travel through time we would have known it already’.

To me it’s pretty irrelevant. The future will come, humanity will live. Long after I’m dead trees will still grow and the wind will still blow.

Let’s hypothetically assume that he is a time traveller. Does that mean our future is written in stone? Does that mean we have no control over our lives at all? Bullshit. People create their own reality. They’re just too lazy and ignorant to pick up on that. People point to the sky and say, ‘It’s all God’s fault! Why does God tolerate so much suffering? Why doesn’t he help us?’ and they don’t realise that it’s humans who keep digging themselves and eachother a hole. Don’t look up to a higher power to find the meaning of life, and the purpose of your own life. And definitely don’t look up to someone who claims to come from 2036 to tell you just how the world will be like. We’d all wish all answers would fall out of the sky, but they don’t.

We don’t live in the past or the future, we live in the Now, in the present. This is where we can make a difference. To worry about strange predictions of the future is as pointless as dwelling on your mistakes in the past forever…

Either way, World War 3 will come about someday. I don’t need a prophet or time-traveller to tell me that. I just have to look at politics and people today, and realise that humans are doomed to forever repeat the same mistakes, that humans will always need a frigging WAR to motivate them to change anything drastic about society, only until humanity can possibly evolve beyond the point of ignorance, laziness and selfabsorbedness. WW3 will happen because humans are flawed. And it will end because humans want to survive. And history repeats itself - again.

Sorry for bumping this up, but I read the reviews on Titor’s book “A Time Traveler’s Tale” at Amazon.com. There is one that caught my eye.

hehehe… :mrgreen_hat:

I can forsee a civil war in the US in the new future, sadly…

a lot of what he said is disturbingly accurate, but he said there should be a waco-ish standoff every month in 2004, and we’ve only had like one (the prison one) that I know of…

[size=125]This[/size] is the most comprehensive collection of materials about John Titor I’ve found so far…

:content: :read:

So am I. I’m looking for a 1996 mp3-player right now, that we need because there is a problem with the mpeg standard in 2056.

John Titor is a senior instructor now, I’ve had classes with him on a couple occations. His 1975 comp really saved us back in 2039 :smile:

Glad he’s a fake :eek:

heh. I haven’t seen anyone mention what the actual unix problem is yet, but it’s a simple case of running out of numbers. If you didn’t know - the unix epoch is Midnight on January the 1st 1970. This is second 0 in a unix timestamp. The unix timestamp for right now is

But by 2038, the number will be too long to fit. Kinda like a millennium bug on a boring year. I’m pretty sure that it will be solved by then tho… :roll:

The date it ends is something like january the 19th. If you look at the calendar on my website, you’ll find that it all goes a bit crazy on that date, and just about every event takes place then.

blamethepixel.com/calendar.p … &year=2038

I could be wrong about this tho - it is something like that.

edit: that’s interesting:

after that sedna business :wink:

After reading/skimming through these posts I assume none of you have read the book, “The Giver.” The storyline has nothing to do with John Titor. The setting does.

It takes place in hte future, where humans have realized the mistakes they’ve made and have solved them.
The characters of the book live in close, tight-knit groups. They all do jobs such as farming and fishing to provide for the community. The only form of transportation is to ride your bike. THat about sums it up.

Remind you of anything?

John Titor = Jive Turkey

John Titor is a god… there is no proof he is telling the truth and no proof he is lying. Only speculation and personal belief

Well, he’s lying if he’s made incorrect statements about the future, which he has.

ah but is it within 5% discrepancy? So what has he got wrong then do tell i’m too lazy to read about everything he said cos well i ain’t that bored lol.

Also please back them up because you claime he’s made incorrect statements about the future, yet if its about the future you have no founding basis to even call it incorrect as it has not yet transpired to be true or false.

As someone just mentioned, he claimed there were no new planets discovered in our solar system. A few years later, Sedna was discovered.

Ah Sedna. Being an avid astronomer i should have known that lol.

That said have they officially stated that Sedna is a planet in our solar system yet? Last i heard they were still debating that.

According to NASA, they can confirm that Sedna is a part of our solar system. It is almost as large as Pluto, and they variously describe it as a planet, planet-like object, or planetoid. The question of whether it qualifies as a planet is open to debate, but Pluto’s status as a planet is also debated.

Personally I think Sedna will always be in that “sort of our tenth planet” category because it doesn’t fit with the Roman mythology motif and the world’s kindergarten teachers will have to learn an extra fact. :grin:

That car idea earlier didn’t make any sense at all. This guy is an obvious fluke. For one, if you had the choice to buy a car from that era from this era, and you had the intentions of trying to convince people over the internet that you were indeed from the future, its is quite clear that you would choose a car from the future. Obviously he wouldn’t want to blend in if he was going to go off on some big mission to stop this war from happening, he would want as much attention as possible.

Monitor: Does this mean those old rhyme schools use to remember the order of the planets aren’t accurate anymore LOL!

downwards: i don’t think he had any intentions of stopping a war, been a while since i read anything about him but he never came back to stop the war.

If not, then why even come back at all. Just to rub it in everyone’s face? If he is here from the future, then when does he plan on going back. If he is indeed fromt he future, then why would you want to relive a civil war?