Im kinda scared to get an OBE...

How do OBE’s feel once you are disconected? Somtimes LD’s can be very unstabe. How about OBE’s?

I still don’t quite understand how to have an OOBE , anyone mind giving a quick explanation??

On the topic, I don’t think OOBE s are dangerous at all, personaly I’d love to have one…as soon as I find out how.

mystery

No.

No.

It’s like being in a lucid dream, they can see you and interact with you, they are DCs.

Keep in mind I am saying OBE = LD

there is no difference at all.

But I just don’t know anymore, I had something really weird and amazing happen to me today in this cool tunnel… but it wasn’t a conventional OBE…

It could be I have never OBEd right, until now, who knows… recently I said “I want to go to the physical” while separating and sure enough it seemed like I was there, but I didn’t get a chance to explore… so…

Who knows.

I encourage you to find out on your own, most people would answer your question with a yes, but I wouldn’t, because I’ve never ever had anything like that happen before. I’d love to be able to explore the physical plane like a ghost though, if you can.

OBEs are more unstable for me, but I think that is because you somehow believe your spirit has left your body, so you worry that you can get sucked back in, and then you do!

I also often times feel like I’m looking through different pairs of eyes and everything they see is blurred together and fuzzy… so it may be that I’m just now developing enough of an “energy body” to REALLY have an OBE, who knows.

It’s very easy if you can enter paralysis. Just GET UP… that’s all there is to it, if you’re paralyzed JUST GET UP… or roll over onto the floor…the goal is to not desire to move YOUR body, but rather get out of it.

But it feels exactly like really rolling over, you do it just like you’d move your real body, you just do it expecting to move your astral body.

If you can’t do that you can imagine that you are climbing a rope in your mind and you imagine your hands grabbing and pulling on it, then you will feel youreslf climbing it and eventually it will get you out of body.

The only hard part of OBE is getting into paralysis, it seems to me that it’s best to fall asleep into a small dream then suddenly jolt awake from it into paralysis, it’s tricky to do that though, I can only do it in the morning… and well, today it was on accident!

as a new age hippie… i resent that, and i’d also caution you about stating opinions as facts (though we all tend to do it from time to time)

so i recommend this book for anybody who’s considering that OBEs are actually not LDs (actually i recommend it for those people too) but it’s called Out of Body Experiences: How to Have Them and What to Expect by robert peterson… which is a very well… written book. robert peterson writes about his own experiences with OBEs (he has concluded that OBEs actually take place out of the body, but doesn’t ask the reader to take his word for it, he constantly encourages you to try it and prove it to yourself, which is one of the reasons i think this book is so good)

anyway, he talks about this in the book but i’ll go ahead and tell you what he says about the worries you have.

=> that an OBEer might get lost whilst outside his/her body

the author says that this is impossible, and speaks about a “silver cord” that tethers your astral body to your physical body… and when he was OBEing and had moments of panic, his silver cord would snap him back inside

=> meeting evil creatures

the author had some fear of evil creatures when he started LDing too, he was afraid that one might take over his body while he was outside of it. he concluded that your body sorta has a lock and only you have the key and it only lets you inside. as far as meeting evil creatures, he says that if you expect to meet demons, you’ll find some, so his advice would be to not expect to find any. he never met any and he thinks thinks that’s due to the fact that he didn’t personally believe in evil creatures and hence never expected to find any

=> if you get an OBE, what should you do ???

that’s a good question actually… the author spent some of his early OBEs learning to fly (he had some trouble with it, i think his trials were pretty amusing) then he spent a lot of them trying to prove to himself that he was out of his body and not in an LD

i keep on saying “the author” cause i haven’t had an OBE yet… i started on LDing actually because i didn’t have any success with OBEing and an LD seemed like a great place to train some skills that i might need in OBE (like flying, and some self-defense skills… yeah unlike the author, i think i’ll expect to meet some mischievous characters, i wanna be ready :sly: ) i’ve had two almost OBEs (i couldn’t wiggle outta my body, i rose up into my sleep paralyzed physical body from an LD)

anyway… here are some ideas (not necessarily original ones) that i thought would be cool to do in an OBE: time travel, beg a wise spirit to take you as an apprentice, see if i can unlock the memories to my past lives, find another OBEer or spirit to have friendly sparring matches with, ooo and i’d like to get an astral girlfriend and make love on the surface of the sun (don’t ask me why, i just think it’d be cool… er hot actually :yinyang: )

I’m a new age hippy too, I don’t think you understood the point I was trying to make.
it’s like asking what color hair God has You can’t get a verifiable answer, you have to find out for yourself, and then there’s the whole “is there even a God at all?” aspect… and you know.

It doesn’t do a lot of good to ask these kinds of questions given the highly subjective nature of OBEs, becuase for example, I have no silver cord, I only have it if I think about it and it pops into the dream like anything else I would think about.

I was trying to tell her(him?) that he/she is going to get tons of different answers depending on who is asked, and that general consensus differs between different groups of people.

Obviously I was being stereotypical, I don’t think I needed some lengthy disclaimer there to show that…

I.e. if she asks an old lady christian she’ll probably get the answer “those are of the devil” and I mean, we have memebrs here struggling with whether OBEing is religiously good/bad/neutral…

if she asks a mystical crystal wearing hippy, she’l probably get a “yes they are real, now quack like a duck 3 times to protect yourself from evil spirits” type of answer.

If she asks a scientist she’ll probably get lectured on hallucinations and the amygdala and whatnot.

These are all evidently large generalizations but I think they prove my point.

This kind of OBEs in my opinion isn’t dangerous at all, but it CAN be terrifying if something unexpected or unknown happens to you. THat’s very understandable.

But, I also agree with Robert… find it out for yourself to see if OBE’s are real or not.

I have posted my opinions about OBE’s in a dicussion called something like “Is OBE’s real?” if you’re curious, feel free to go over there and check it out, but if you don’t want to know and want to experiment to find it out for yourself, then go ahead. :smile: You don’t have to read it.

Experimenting is the most fun part then you get your firsthand experiences which are way higher in quality than just words. :smile:

Good luck!

P.S. YOu won’t get lost. Don’t worry.

wow… so deja vu… I dreamed something about this I had to have… I remember something about someone calling me Robert and I didn’t know why… like maybe as a joke I told them that was my name… and then that with the avatar just set some sort of trigger off… weird…

I believe you were talking about that Robert author rather than me though, of course, but well, I said that too. :smile:

thanks guys Im not that scared no more. Im just kinda scared of meeting evil creatures, but like you guys said it will only come if you expect it there…which sometimes I usually do think about alot…Is there a way for me to not expect those creatures in my obe?

well if we all told you evil creatures don’t exist and you believed us, then yes.

it’s a part of getting in tune with yourself though, facing that kind of stuff… i think if you try not to your mind ends up making you anyway.

that would explain my lucidity being consistantly ruined by bugs lately…
(wow, and that girl tends to be there, and she certainly bugs me! i’m a genius!)

But well a general tip would be just if you have a bad thought, really quickly explain to yourself why that thought is silly and how things will be fine… it depends on what type of OBE you have, but for me, if I have the kind where I go into crazy visuals and pretty patterns and stuff, those are always positive, they can be a bit creepy but never really “evil” unless i really let myself start worrying a lot…

So if you find yourself projecting into hypnagogic images think of happy things and happy colors like purple and white and blue.

Even if you have a scary OBE at least you’ve had one, and you’ll be familiar with it and know what to expect. If you just want to explore your house that usually works fine with no presences at all.

But ultimately you just need to give it a try and if something scary happens you’ll be better prepared next time. I know sometimes I worry a lot about nightmares but I just tell myself if I have them I’ll deal with them and it’ll make me get over my fears better.

have you had 38 LDs this month? If so just treat it like it’s an LD, it isn’t too different, but hope for it to be kind of different in case it is, I have no idea… it just seems the same to me.

no not this month I only got like 8 LDs this month. 38 is how many I had so far from the first time I got it…or remembered having it…

Since I felt like I was attacked once, I stopped. I can get into paralysis if i sleep on my back or on my stomach with my head to the left. Most of the time when i go out, everthing is black.

I think someone grabbed my foot when I was at SP or almost OBE.

Think of it this way:

If you meet one of the “creatures” in your LD or OOBE…imagin you got a gun in your hand and…BLAST AWAY!!!

:grin:

mystery

Someone is a little violent. :wink: Good idea though. I once felt someone trying to help me out. I was floating out and i felt hands under my back helping me glide out.

ok thats helpful thanks. Well so far something is making me obe or almost, it was really weird I tried to force myself out but it was really intense and I didnt seem to go places…so I stopped again >_o. btw I thought of myself floating upwards…I was thinking of rolling out is that more easier?

Rolling out is easier for me, but once half of my body was able to roll out, I felt pain at my waist as I was trying to get my legs to turn. I thought I was going to crack something. Anyway, rolling out is much easier for me.

ok something weird happened to me…I was in the stage where your vibrating and all that and then I tried to move my hand which was soooo weird! I felt another body/object pressed on my hand which was so cool too. I was just lifting my hands though so then I was about to do it fully until I heard this weird…voice it was like a little girls voice. You know those very cute voices that freak me out? WELL anyways…while I was getting up it counted me it said 1…2…thats when I realized it was saying it and stopped since I was freaked out. then it said 2…waiting for me to move again so me being freaked out alot I said STOP!! STOP STOP STOP STOP! and then i stopped. I then asked one of my astral friends what it was. He said it was just me but I dunno has anyone ever experienced this? Oh and one more question is it possible to die in an obe? Like deep sleep? Because I kinda want to do that…

… wtf…

you have astral friends, but you are afraid of OBE?

Astral Projection is more or less OBE, I really don’t follow you at all.

Being afraid of dying from an OBE is like being afraid of dying from an LD though, and there isn’t really any answer, how we would know if someone ever died from an OBE, he wouldn’t tell us…

I think it’s highly unlikely

“Oh and one more question is it possible to die in an obe? Like deep sleep? Because I kinda want to do that…”

I’m not quite folowing you, you want to “die” in an OBE to make it take you into deep sleep, or you want to REALLY die from an OBE?

Or you forgot to include “don’t” ?

Weird nosies are common while separating though, it could have been part of you counting I guess.

I wasnt counting at all…And my friend really isnt a human…and I heard that if there are higher creatures are walking about it attracts negative energy. thats what im worried about…>_o dont have to be mean…

I’m not being mean, I’m sorry if you interprted it that way, I just do not understand at all what you are saying.

How do you have astral friends if you don’t astrally project?

Because atral projection = out of body experience more or less.

I don’t know what to tell you or what you want really, if higher creatures inhabited the general whereabouts of your house in the physical plane, I do not think there would be negative creatures present, becuase the higher creatures would drive them away.

If there is an abundance of left over energy from higher presences maybe, that could draw negatives there… but, there isn’t really anything to keep a “negative” from attacking you while you sleep or even throughout the day, according to some people. Robert Bruce says most people have negative entity attachments (and i don’t really believe this) and that they can gain new ones by projecting, but the difference being once you learn how to project you learn how to defend yourself and so then you can FINALLY cleanse yourself of any negative attachments you might have.

So, if you have astral friends that you think are real, why not ask them to protect you or something and ask them to help you have some OBEs?

I’m still not sure how you have them if you haven’t had an OBE yet, but… well… I think they could watch out for you if they exist.

I’m just not really understanding exactly what it is you are trying to ask… from my views, if evil spirits exist, t hen they will get to you whether you have OBEs or not, so at least you can fight them and grow stronger and cleanse yourself through OBE and energy work and trance work and such.

Yes new ones might come to you once they know you can OBE at will, and it might draw more attention to you, but at least you can finally take charge of them and ward them off for good.

if you are worried about them so much I guess you could read this stuff
astralpulse.com/guides/oobe/oobe.htm
astralpulse.com/guides/new/new.htm

astralpulse.com/articles/rob … les_31.htm
psychic countermeasures

astralpulse.com/articles/rob … cles_1.htm
astral beings

astralpulse.com/
all sorts of general info.

But keep in mind none of this stuff is proven, and his ideas are just as valid as anyone elses and I don’t personally think OBEing is different than LDing at all, though astral projection might be. I think evil spirits can attack you from normal dreams too, providing they exist.