The BIG FA topic

I had my first FA that I was aware of last night. I didn’t become lucid because I forgot to do a RA when I thought I awoke. It was pretty real. Some friends stayed the night and they were right where they were in real life and everything. It was pretty cool.

guys is there perhaps some kind of way to invoke FAs, or make you have FAs otherwise? cause i somehow never/rarely get them. they seem kind of funny though, so i also want to experience them. is there a way to do that??

You could try drinking lots of caffeine an hour or so before goign to bed? This would keep you awake, and if you keep on waking up in the night/can’t get to sleep, you tend to have FA’s too… or, at least I do…

The best way to have FAs, in my opinion, is to look for them. Try using some sort of technique to wake you up often at night. And ever time you awake during the night, do an RC.

People often experience brief awakenings at night. Some of these are most likely FAs.

It was kinda frustrating last night, cause people in my house were being noisy and I kept waking up over and over in a short amount of time and every time I did I checked the clock – a good habit I guess, but the added movement didn’t help me get back to sleep.

I had a FA last night. I dreamt that i woke up in bed, it was still night, and i decided to try to WILD. but nothing was happening so I thought that it wasn’t going to work and decided to get out of my bed. I got up and started walking across the dream, but then suddenly I really woke up and realised that it was all a dream :content:
Has anyone succesfully WILDed in a FA? it seems like a cool thing to do :smile:
is that even possible?

Yes, that’s possible. In fact, it’s a lot easier to do WILD in an FA. In real life, I rarely have any success with WILD. In FAs, it takes me about 10 seconds to enter a LD from WILD (not knowing I am dreaming while doing WILD, of course).

Then i wonder why it didn’t work. maybe because i had a subconcious convinction that it won’t. Or perhaps because i never successfully WILDed in RL. Anyway thanks for that info! :happy:

outmeal, the primary vehicle of my LDs IS FAs. I have been practicing WBTB, and one night I had the experience that I had not slept at all, but when I looked at the clock time had gone backwards(from 7am to 4am). I realized that I had been dreaming the 7am. This got me thinking that this probably has happened more often than not.

I basically decided that I probably lay in bed dreaming that I am laying in bed for a while (20 min?) many nights, I mean that night I dreamed I was laying in bed ALL night. I encorporated this idea into my WBTB. When I goto back to bed I concentrate on the darkness, when I feel like I might be dreaming I basically just sit up and then my bedroom comes into focus and I do a reality check. When I “discovered” (I’m sure others have to) that WBTB into WILD into FA worked for me I went from having somehting like 4 or 5 LDs a months to at least 13 every month.

The funny thing is I am trying to stay awake for a WBTB right now, but I’, about to go back to dream land (hopefully I’ll have two like last night :smile:)

I’ll write more later… GOOD LUCK!

how do you know wether WILDing in a FA is more successful then WILDing in RL, if you do not know you are dreaming while doing WILD in a FA? could in fact have all been reality where you did WILD in…

and why don’t you get lucid directly from a FA instead of WILDing in the FA to get lucid? would seem easier to me to do a RC in the first place…

I tried to WILD in a FA once. But a girl interupted me, so I didn’t get chance to WILD. But I did get a kiss :content: .

oatmeal, that’s a very good question.

First of all, all the times I’ve done WILD in an FA, I’ve never been lucid at the time. If I allready knew I was dreaming, then there would indeed be no point of doing WILD.

And how do I know they were FAs? Well, some of the times I did WILD, it was in a completely unknown setting (wrong bed, wrong room etc.). I only realised this upon waking up. But besides that, I can often tell an FA apart from a real awakening simply by how I feel when I wake up for real.

I had an FA tonight, btw. I remembered my alarm clock showing 4 AM before falling asleep, and when I ‘woke up’ it was midnight. What did I do? I got up like I do every morning and told my mom how I had a false awakening where the clock was 4 AM :ack:

I WILDed in a dream. It was a very cool experience, I could experience both the LD and the dream (that I thought was WL) at the same time. But it was quite short some people interrupted me. Stupid DC’s :grrr:

Hi, btw i had a FA this night as well, i remembered to not focus my eyes on something (mebeingproudboutthat^^) so the LD lasted a bit longer… anyway i decided to have sex, but when i did, i was not lucid anymore i think. damn. wasn’t that intensive either.

btw i find it very/extremely disappoining to WILD in a dream, because when i wake up i know i only dreamt the WILD and so i didn’t WILD for real. but i want to WILD for real, and only that counts, everything else is useless, because in fact dreaming about WILDing is something everyone can do, not so for WILDing in RL!! once i WILDed from dream into reality, instead of the other way round. f*ck, i thought i WILDed for real the moment SP set in in the dream :sad:

@odd2k: your explanation sounds logical :content:

One more interesting question: suppose someone never consiously experienced SP, hynagogic stuff etc. - could he realistically dream about WILDing? because i believe yes, because your subconsiousness knows how SP, hypnagogics are like, or not??

I don’t see why you did that, but if it makes you feel happy… :content:

Well, SP is different for everybody, so I don’t think it’s a case of your subconcious having to “know” about SP.

I didn’t read through all the FA’s but I use to induce them in my LD’s to just play around and experiment. i would spin around and fall backwards on purpose and then i would open my eyes and be in my dream bed. I would still be lucid and i knew what i had just done so i was not tricked. it is a good way to escape a nightmare! It worked every time i tried it also.

WOW! :cool_laugh: , I’ve been doing RC 's when I wake up and I had my first FA since I started! It was so real that I was very surprised to find it was a dream! Too bad I can’t stay asleep when I know I’m dreaming yet :sad: :help:

I envy you. I never seem to have FAs. I don’t think so. Do I? Prehaps I should do RCs and find out.

I haven’t read through the whole topic, so don’t get mad at me if someone already have written this. ^-^

Everytime you write in your DJ, notebook, w/e, do some RCs!
That way, if you have an FA where you write in your DJ, you will do an RC and wham, you will be lucid. :content:

I thought I had never really had an FA before, until I was reading through this topic, and now I realize I think I have FAs quite often (or maybe just HIs) Often times in the morning I’ll hear my mom calling me to get up. So, I’ll get up, start heading to the bathroom, and even begin taking my shower. Then I realize I’m still in bed. It’s a very frustrating experience, and sounds a lot like what you guys have been experiencing.