An OBE *within* a dream...

Hi, I’m new (and should have posted in the sticky thread, but I wanted to start out with an experience I had).

After visiting this site last night, for the first time, I had quite an experience when I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and wrote down what I experienced in a journal.

It was weird, very weird. But I here’s a copy of my journal:

May 26, 2004 - 4:11am

I just had one of the weirdest experiences of my life.

The night before, May 25th, I couldn’t sleep, so I stayed up a little late and surfed the internet.

I was reading up on something called “Out of Body Experiences”…

Afterwards, I think I went to bed and fell asleep around 2:30 am. As I was going to sleep, I was thinking about OBE.

First thing that happened was I felt my mind being pulled away from my body. I wasn’t thinking about OBE at this time, but it was still in the back of my mind.

Next thing I know, I’m in a dream. The beginning of the dream had something to do with me and my dad engaged in a loud arguement. The last thing he said to me was, “Hey! Get back over here!” - he said this at the bottom of the stairs and I was walking towards into my room, which is at the top of the stairs.

Next moment I’m in bed with my eyes closed. I have no idea what I was using, but I had a device with me in bed that would play a sound at a certain frequency with a flash to alert my brain. This was a device similar to those used to help people obtain an OBE.
Since I was in a dream, my device was farfetched and LITERALLY put me into an OBE within TWO SECONDS…

Keep in mind, everything from the dad arguement up until this point has been a DREAM! I have experienced OBE until NOW - here’s what happened:

I opened my eyes…in the dark…still in bed, but in a COMPLETELY different room. (This is ALL within my original dream).

I was realizing that I was in the middle of an OBE, but I DID NOT realize it was still a dream.

I lifted up my arms while still in bed, and I could FEEL myself escaping my body. At the same time, though, I could FEEL myself coming back to REALITY.

The room was small, one bed, that I was laying on. A window to the left (I could not see beyond it, but I could hear birds chirping - which is the same thing I hear NOW while I write this journal after waking up).

And there was, what I think was a TV mounted on a wall to my right [much like it is positioned in my room right now, compared to my bed].

I looked both ways very very slowly, I could feel myself AWAY from my body AND being PULEED back to my body.

The door was then opened. There were stairs leading down and a hallway going away from me - to the north, where I couldn’t see.

I wanted SO badly to get up and explore. At first I was scared at the whole situation, but the chirping of the birds reminded me that I was SAFE!

I remembered a rule about OBE and the astral plane - where all your thoughts are made into objects. I experimented with this, and did something I can’t remember, but the results were nothing special, like it wouldn’t let me or it didn’t work.

My mom walked in, but didn’t look at me. She was looking at something on the wall. I wanted to tell here about my OBE, but she left the room.

At this point I’m still dreamin, but the OBE is gone. I’m in my bed, in the strange room, wishing I was in OBE again - not realizing I was in a dream.

I tried it again - BTW, the entire time (Dream and OBE within a dream) I was breathing heavily and my heart was beating quickly.

I tried again, but it wasn’t working. I saw an image of a heartbeat monitor floating before me - my heartbeat kept dropping to a constant zero - and I was thinking - how unusual…

Then I woke up, back to reality, in bed - breathing heavily, heart pounding, realizing what just happened.

I’m now going back to sleep. I have to wake up in about 3 hours for school.

The time is 4:52 am I have been writing this for 35 minutes.

Goodnight

Thanks for reading. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Gah, sorry for the double post…my connection lagged.

Welcome to the forums. :smile: I hope you find them useful in developing and mastering LD, and other things perhaps. (like OBE)

Heh, i can relate to the not being able to fall asleep thing, too often do i get that. :tongue:

Ah, a very interesting experience indeed. Yeah, for me OBEs feel like im being pulled away, totally! I’ll become conscious during the ‘pulling’ and i’ll sometimes think of seeing whatever it is that pulls me when i get out, only to forget to do such once full separation has occurred. For me having had a good share of LD at this point, i can tell if its an OBE or a dream resembling OBE. But before i would get so confused.

Could feel yourself being pulled? I know how that feels, i think that human body has a magnetic pull or something that tries to pull you back (naturally no doubt), unless you get a sufficient distance away. God, i hate it cuz the first time i had an OBE i kept getting snapped back to my body or pulled back as i tried to walk to my door (almost had to learn to walk all over again). But another OBE i had i was walking around my house, and such was terribly easy once i got out of my room.

Yes, i believe there is nothing to fear in an OBE. Certain beliefs dictate such as dangerous and whatnot, which in my opinion is just ignorance of the unknown, a too common thing in human history. Heck the first time i had sleep paralysis i was scared shitless thinking i was being attacked by demons! (thanks to goddam social conditioning) but now i know it for what it is and am no longer hindered, knowing its true value.

" remembered a rule about OBE and the astral plane - where all your thoughts are made into objects." — In my own research ive never heard of that as being a rule, but being a sort of possibility in a certain astral level (the higher ones i think). Never tried it myself, but in my own OBEs my environment seems pretty solid. (too solid, in fact)

"…breathing heavily, heart pounding, realizing what just happened. " —never fails for me

Hmm, suggestions. Um, hey not much. Just keep trying and seek to develop your own way. Ive done this which i call an ‘AP map’ (dont laugh! :tongue: ) the link is in my sig below if you want to see my personal way of AP. Good luck in your endeavors! :smile: