Paranormal experiences and dreaming

Here are some questions I hope you will take time to answer.
The first 5 questions written in fat fonts, are for those who have experienced paranormal experiences.
The last 4 questions is both for them who have experienced paranormal experiences, and them who don’t have experienced any paranormal experiences.

1a) Have you experienced any paranormal experiences like shared dreaming, OBE’s or other experiences?
1b) Was it in connection with dreaming, or just in the waking life?
1c) What kind of experience was it?
1d) What is your explanation for the experience?
1e) Did you became more or less religious after the experience(s)?

2a) Do you think we have a soul?
2b) Do you think the future is predeterminatet? (That the future is already “written”, and we can’t change it?)
2c) Are you religious?
2d) Do you think the universe will exist forever, or that it one day will collapse?
-If the universe collapses, what happens with the souls?

Thanks.

1a) Have you experienced any paranormal experiences like shared dreaming, OBE’s or other experiences?
yes
dreaming
back then i believed it was an Oobe but in time i changed my opinion in a way that i believe its same thing as Ld.So it was oobe/ld
in short- my mind/soul/subcounciousness running free out of body.Paranormal does not fit well in my understanding.
i have suspected it is possibile for mind to exist without the body ,after that i became sure…in a way also sure we dont die:)

yes
2b) Do you think the future is predeterminatet? (That the future is already “written”, and we can’t change it?)
its not and we can change it,we`re changing it every minute.Past ,present and future is about evolution and we are evaluating all the time.
2c) Are you religious?
not really,in a way yes…buddhism is close to my beliefs
2d) Do you think the universe will exist forever, or that it one day will collapse?
I think it will but collapse is not a good word again.More like reborn…and souls will still exist.

welcome,i like surveys:)

Several different experiences.

Both.

I’ve had OBE type experiences, Remote Viewing and ghostly experiences, mild telepathy, Empathic connections.

My remote viewing i attempted to see a close friend, the image was black with green bits much like HI. Which slowly took the form of my friend. The image cleared to a more realistic/photo feel to it but not moving. Accompanied by this was strong empathic feelings of emotional pain.

I don’t really know how to explain it, the only thing i can say is it happened because i wanted it to. Just like people can single out one voice in a crowded room - because they want to. Mind over matter so to speak.

No change.

I believe we have a conciousness that can exsist sepurately from the physcial world. Most would concider this a soul, so yes.

I’m undecided on this. I feel that it could be predetermined but i also believe in Quantum Theory, in that every decision we make there is an alternate reality that diverges from our own following the other possibilities. Whether we are simply following a predetermined path of those possiblities will always be the big question. I for one am still undecided.

2c) Are you religious?

Nope.

No i believe the “big crunch” is the most likely possiblity. If you’re unsure the big crunch is simply that the universe will stop expanding and begin to come in on it’s self again. There is also a theory that after the big crunch we will expierience the big bang again and it will all be as it was (which means that the universe is predetermined.)

As for the souls. These are “beings” that exsist outside of the physical world, the universe is a physical thing i see no reason why beings that exists beyond the physical would cease to exsist if the universe was to end… but that might just be me over-simpifying.

yes

waking life

Some kind of telepathy, Looked into someone’s eye and “saw” who he was. Kinda connected with him.

I was under the influence of various drugs… But it was still strange… I dunno

no change

I’d like to

No

2c) Are you religious?

No

We’ll see when we’ll get there

We’ll see when we get there. I guess we’ll merge all together,

I’ve had a couple OBEs.

My first one was connected to waking life and the other one was connected to dreaming.

The first one was brief and I thought little of it, and the second was hard to understand and a little freaky–not a great experience overall.

The first one was trauma do to me breaking my arm (at a young age) and the second one was my conscious attempt to project in an LD.

The first experience was when I was four so it really had no impact on me.

Soul–hard to define. I believe we all have a soul, but I most believe we are only soul, and we get caught up in the ego, which is false.

2b) Do you think the future is pre-determinant? (That the future is already “written”, and we can’t change it?)
I believe our lives are the result of what we decided before we existed on this plane. I believe in fate mixed with free will–it’s complicated.

2c) Are you religious?
Far from religious, but I’m spiritual.

I believe the universe is an idea, not a place. Therefore IT can never collapse because it doesn’t truly exist in the first place. (Vague, but this is a hard question to answer without pouring out quite a bit of my philosophy and reasoning.)

Very interesting questions.

2A) No.

2B) Yes, mainly. It’s not an elaborately woven tapestry with no detail missing. Example: the gender of a child might be completely random (I believe it is, but that doesn’t make it so…), and therefore unpredictable, but I do believe cause-effect is basically universal and that human behavior is based entirely on experience and physical law. (I’m not sure if I answered your question…)

2C) No.

2D) The nature/fate of the universe is probably one of the areas where I’m least informed… Which is probably a good thing, since it’s all theory and speculation anyway. Since my knowledge (and everyone else’s…) is so limited, I generally ponder and imagine, but never draw conclusions. So, in conclusion, sorry for dodging the question, but I don’t really have a choice. :tongue:

Yes

Both

A few OBE. In waking life, lots of empathy-type stuff and ‘seeing people’ like their being or energy, though i dont think thats real special (that i was just blind and that everyone does this). Lots of sort of telepathic stuff, but thats not too special either, i think natural even with someone you know.

OBEs from waking up into SP and floating state, (not knowing what floating state was at the time), just sort of got out on my own. I dont know the cause (though at the time thought i may have been dying). With OBEs now its just me in floating state (and thus not really a full OBE), only one fully-conscious OBE. Vastly different than LD (no dream feeling, waaay more stable).

Yes. Before my first full blown conscious one, i was lacking faith, needing solid personal experience to back my beliefs. Now i am no longer afraid of death.

Totally, but i dont think that it ‘thinks’ or is ‘conscious’, but more like it just ‘is’ and ‘be’s’ so to speak.

Well, deep breath, that is a pretty complicated question. My own beliefs are that it is a mix between predeterminate and free will. Its sort of like displaced free will, with the illusion that we have free will here when we really do not. In my opinion, we ‘choose’ what we will do, what we will experience, and this decision is based by ‘soul energy’ that is intertwined (one) with other souls, like a mutual agreement between souls before they come to life (and still remain whole, separation an illusion). We then experience it, and sort of think we have free will…but then it gets more complicated. I dont think that time exists, and that the choosing ‘before’ and the experiencing ‘after’ is really the same thing.

2c) Are you religious?

No, not really. I just try to go on my gut when it comes to beliefs and spirituality, in fact i kind of stray away from doctrine and book and the like, though ive recently gotten some interest to see if there is indeed something i can glean from say the bible, looking at it with much open interpretation and possible symbolism. But i dont really believe in organized religion or in converting others, just in sharing personal experience, for what its worth.

I think that space and time are illusion, that all things are just one ‘whole’ energy (without limit or boundary, just like, a single point, and thats it). So thus according to my beliefs, the universe may do either, impermanence still being illusion nonetheless. (though still a nice show/experience) :smile:

I have heard a similar theory before.
Interesting :smile: