Almost there?

I think that I was pretty close last night. In my dream, I was sitting around at my friends house with a laptop from school. I questioned why I had this laptop because school’s out and I don’t like that OS. I asked out loud, “Is this a dream?” everyone in the room stared at me. I touched the window… for a reality check? and i felt the window. I heard the noise my my nails bumping into the glass. I just assumed it was real… then I woke up.
I can’t believe it didn’t work =/ Maybe I should’ve tried the wall. Oh well :content: I’m pretty happy, usually I can’t think of the word dream in my dreams.

Are there better reality checks to try? It seems that I never have lightswitches, walls, watches etc to check. I never see myself in a dream either.

I always try to put my finger trough the wall. But I guess that it should work with windows too. But you shouldn’t stop pushing when you feel the wall/window, because you feel them in dreams too. Instead keep pushing and push as hard as you can. Then usually the wall doesn’t stand the pressure and your finger slides into the wall.
Some people look away when they push with their finger and then look to the wall and then their finger is inside, but it seems to work without looking away. But of course it depends on person.
There are lots of RC 's, and there are many topics about them in this forum, but this finger-trough-the-wall-technique works so well that I don’t use any other methods.
You are very close, keep practising.

Seems like you where pretty close to a LD there. You would probably have become lucid if you hand had gone through the window.

=> There are many RC’s that you can use. Looking at your hand and see if it looks normal and then count your fingers to see if you have more than 5 or maybe less than 5 fingers. I always use that one myself :smile:

=> Close one eye and see if you can see your nose. If you can’t you are dreaming, or maybe your nose is just too small to see :tongue: .

=> Try pushing your fingers through the other hand.

If you don’t like any of these try inventing one yourself. It’s just a matter of what you expect to happen in your dream. If you expect to have 7 fingers you most likely have 7 fingers.

Different RC’s work for different people. Everyone has their own favourite.

You should choose two or three that you like, and pracrice them throughout the day. If you take them in a dream, and if they work, carry on using it.

However, if one of them fail more than twice, replace it with a different one.

List of RC’s:

=> Close one eye and try to see your nose.
=> Pinch your nose shut, and try to breathe
=> Count your fingers (preferably twice) to make sure you have the right amount.
=> Check the time, then check it again (preferably once again more after that). Does it read a possible time? Does the time change?
=> Try reading. Check again. Has the words changed?
=> Put one finger through the other hand.

There are of coarse lots more :grin:.

Ive always been using the counting your fingers RC, I use it quite alot but I never do it in any dreams :sad:

It takes time for it to start coming in through your dreams. Just don’t give up, and keep at it :grin:.

You were extremely close to being lucid.

It was the real-ness of the glass that threw you, making you think the dream was real. There are other reality checks that you can use. Personally, I’m not a fan of the “put your finger through something” RC’s because they don’t work for me.

My favorite one is to jump up in the air and try to remain there. The reason it’s my favorite is because if there is even the slightest hesitation, you know it’s not normal gravity and you become lucid.

Do you jump up and down IRL to see if you are dreaming? :cool:

I’ve never really understood what people are talking about with the ‘jump up and stay in the air’ RC. It’s not something you would do in a large crowd, is it?

Well no, I don’t actually do it IRL. It’s only something I do if I wonder whether or not it’s a dream, not in response to a DS or anything IRL.

The hand RC works everytime for me. My fingers are always blury, like I’m seeing in double vision.

I’ve done that jumping up and staying in the air a few times in ND’s, before reading anything about it. I remember thinking how weird it was being able to do that but still accepted it as real :roll: