Dreaming Reality

Hi

I’d like to hear (read) some feedback about this: Do Dreams have the same influence on reality that reality has on dreams? I mean, things that happen, things you do & have, etc in “Reality” can and do show up in dreams. I wonder if the things you do & deal with while Dreaming have a specific effect on Waking Reality. If so, how specific of an effect on Reality can the Dreamer get by manipulating the Dream? Is Dreaming the “behind-the-curtain” control panel (for lack of a better term) of Reality?

Peace out,
Sizz

I think that this occasionally happens. I have experienced a few cases of false memories arising from dreams. However I think dreams are a result of our brains design to model reality.

I’m sure the emotions you experience in dreams can influence the emotions you experience the next day.

And dreams may have an important function in learning skills and memory (that’s what some scientists say I don’t know if it’s 100% proven), so in this regard it influences your waking life too.

It may not change reality, but it surely changes the way you experience reality and that’s what really matters.

Reality influencing dreams: Stuff in dreams have a high proportion of stuff which had been happening in the past few days.

Does this happen the other way? No, or not usually.

hmmm… no not usually… That implies yes it is possible but it’s not the norm, which tells me it can be the norm if one so desires.

As an example, I don’t usually fly in a plane. But it is possible to fly in an airplane because it’s been done before at least once, and therefore possible for me to do if I want to take the necessary steps involved. On the other hand, some people do usually and regularly fly in airplanes because that’s the path they chose (ie flight attendants, pilots, etc).
By the same train of logic then it must be possible to influence reality by Dreaming if one takes the proper steps, and some people must normally and regularly influence reality by Dreaming because it is possible, and it is possible because it has been done before, if rarely. Am I going off the deep end here?

I meant it to imply “not so far to my knowledge, but I can’t prove it won’t happen in the future”.

I think dreaming is the result of the assebalge-point(sp?) natraly being desplaced during sleep. If it is displaced far enough and one has enough controle over it an other reality can be assebled were one can act. I think that that can have a derect implacation to oneself.

Yup, it’s been proven if you have a great dream, you will wake up in a good mood in the morning. If you have a bad dream, you will be in a bad mood in the morning. That’s where the saying “Woke up on the wrong side of the bed” came from.

Of course they have influence on our waking life- simplest example would be all kinds of sexuall dreams.We all know the mood we wake in then…ohh gotta love it,and i guess our partners appreciate that too:)
Dreams usually bring a lot of emotions ,thoughts etc…we must be influenced by them in waking life even when we dont realize that.
Not mentioning lucid dreams which are definately putting our thinking into many different lines.

I agree dreams can affect our moods but I think the influence of reality in our dreams is bigger. Whatever we see, hear, feel in a dream, I think has come from reality originally.

Yeah, dreams have a big impact on the next day. After a dream(Lucid) in which Jesus himself told me I’m going to hell and that he was happy about it I felt so depressed I felt physically ill.

DAMN IT… I just went past 69 posts.

I think dream realitys are separate from our every-day reality. They just seem so simaler because we assemble them the same way. If you visate sertane relms in dreams, things can fallow you back, or so I’ve heard and read.

Interesting question. Lately I have been concentrating on reality much more than my dreams and I would say that the relationship between the two is very fluid. From a materialist point of view, if dreams are ‘in’ the brain, then they effect the brain, which has a knock-on effect of your behaviour, which then effects the world-at-large. In fact, whatever way you look at it, I would say that it is impossible for anything to happen that does NOT influence reality! Dreams fall under the category of something that ‘happens’ therefore they leave a real mark somewhere and have real effects.

But I would also say I agree with the posts here that define dreams as taking place on a different ‘astral’ level of reality… one where the subjective Self’s ties to the physical world are relaxed a little. This is why lucid dreaming is a useful skill to have, so that we can learn how to navigate the self when it is away from the body. When it is in a place that is more directly manifested by immediate desires/fears. There is at least a possibility that this could represent a more ‘real’ level of reality than the one we experience while awake, and not the other way around. Although can one reality be ‘more real’ than another?..

Anyway, I would say dreams take place in a very personal reality and therefore they effect individuals. As people then wake up, go out into the world and effect reality, dreams indirectly effect the waking world via the individuals that have them. Of course, the same is true of reality effecting dreams: everything is done via the individual.

The individual is key. That is, we are the key. And I think dreams and reality work in the same way functionally. And that function is basically this: you get what you ask for. But you get it directly (in dreams) or indirectly (in reality). So, lets say you want a swimming pool:

• in a dream, a swimming pool could just suddenly appear because you were thinking about it. In a lucid dream you could actually summon one up pretty much on demand, if you were good enough. This is because the dream is taking place on a more direct level.
  • in waking life, to get a swimming pool may require a short journey to the back garden or the local leisure centre. You might have to pay to use one. But you could still think “I want to see a swimming pool” and then have that wish manifested. However, because waking reality is taking place on a more communal level you have to work within the boundaries of what has been accepted by yourself and your fellow Beings. This results in the link between mental and experience being indirect. But the same mechanism is at work.

So I think the best effect dreams can have on reality is to shed light on it. :smile: