Is It Possible To Have a HALF Lucid Dream?

The topic name here pretty much explains it all.

Last night I may have had my first LD. But I’m not entirely sure. I was aware that I was dreaming… I think… But I feel like I dreamed I was aware that I was dreaming. Plus I couldn’t do the “fly” thing, but there was other stuff I could do. So I really don’t know if I was lucid or not.

…Somebody want to help me out? :bored:

maybe it was low level lucidity or a Flase Lucid Dream FLD when you dream your having a lucid dream…?

• Silva

Sounds like it might have been a low level LD. Don’t worry this will improve in time and with practice. It is also possible to have a lucid dream and later loose lucidity.

Okay, thanks. It’s a start, right?

I would say you are on the right track. I think you may have had your first lucid dream. If you 1) realized you were dreaming (and) 2) were able to control your dream (even if it was just a little bit). Then you had a lucid dream. Too many people get caught up in this “I think I was dreaming that I had a lucid dream”. Your first lucid dream may be a bit confusing at first. It is a new experience and is unlike anything you have encountered before. Your dream may have seemed weak and not very vivid but, all that will change as you have more LD’s. Just keep practicing.

You can also help yourself by using any of the prolonging/stabilizing techniques as soon as you realize you are in a dream:

Some ideas include:
=> spinning
=> rubbing your hands together
=> put your hand through a wall
=> grab a hold of something in the dream world
=> flying (helps me)

Also, it is important to stay engaged in the dream. So before you go to sleep decide what you will do when you become lucid in your dream . Also keep reminding yourself that you are dreaming throughout the dream (at first) to help prevent a loss of lucidity.

Now that you had a taste of lucidity your next lucid dream will be much better. Good luck.

Happy Dreaming

btw congratulations on your first LD :partying_face:

when I have a lucid dream i remember it differently than other dreams but when I have a half lucid dream i remember the lucid dream like it was just a normal dream and sit there wondering if i was really controlling what was going on

Everyone is different so I can only answer what that would mean for me. You might be different. If that were me, I would say that I did not have a lucid dream. For me, I have not doubt about it. I know if it was a LD or not. This is true, for me, even with very low level lucid dreams.

The best advise I can give you is to use the definition of a lucid dream and see if that applies to you.

=> You realize you are dreaming.
=> Understand what that means. Mainly that you can take control of the dream. This is true even if you can only control the dream a little bit. Depending on your experience and the level of lucidity you may not be able to control everything right away.

you know you are dreaming + can control the dream (even just slightly) = a lucid dream

Good luck and happy dreaming

Okay, thanks, now I have a small question…

If you start getting the hang of getting lucid, and you neglect practicing for a couple of days, does it kind of get harder to do? As I’m typing this I’m thinking it depends on the person, but I don’t know.

I’m sure it would depend on the person.

Again, everyone is different and it depends on your situation. My advice would be to try and stay consistent with your practicing at least in the beginning. However, if you have been practicing for some time with little or no results, It might be helpful to take a short brake. If you do take a brake I recommend that you continue to use your dream journal even during the break.

For me it gets harder. I have to have the topic of dreaming on my mind a lot if I want an LD