Sounds in Hypnotic Imagery?

This is one of my 1st time having HI so is it possible to hear things in HI?
Last night I was using WILD and I kept hearing some scary stuff but I look around an nothing is wrong.
Really freaked me out too. :help:

totally. it happens to me most every night. I usually hear some crazy music or something, then realize hey, there shouldn’t be music! then I’ll snap back to wakefulness, then drift off agian… repeat as neccesary.

Yep I often hear things too. Deep rumblings, sometimes music, voices, heavy growling (this is really freaky :eek: ) and some unidentified sounds. It’s pretty normal to hear these things during HI and related SP :smile:

It has only happened to me once. I heard someone snoring and I was the only one in the house that night. Almost freaked me out :bored:

Does anybody have a explination to the sounds? I never experienced it, but it would be cool to know what triggers these sounds (our mind?) and where are they generated.

think of it as a dream mixed with reality… You are usually half awake during this state, so you recieve images/sounds from your mind, while also recieving external sensory input from real world… so half dreaming and half awake…

Thank you all very much for the info.
I hear things like people screaming,very scary. :help:
I really gotta stop playing Silent Hill right before bed :content:

Is that HI? Wow, then I have it sometimes (I thoght I was ahopeless non-lucid case) I have a feeling that somebody’s watching or touching or whispering to me, and I get so afraid and most often jump out of bed and turn the lights on.

Sounds like my HI :tongue:

Hehe, yeah, what you do before bed can definitely have an effect on your HI and what you hear along with it. Especially if that activity before bed is really immersive (like a good video game).

There were times when I put down Eternal Darkness early and did something else before bed to get my mind off it, just so I could get to sleep more easily :slight_smile:

Yes you can hear things in HI. Personally I think we should stop calling it HI and call it Hypngia. When you fall a sleep while retaining slight awareness you can experience all sort of strange things. You may get HI, hear hypnotic sounds, feel strange sensations, feel like you can’t breath, SP etc. You could experience any or all of these This happens we think because your body is shutting down (going into sleep mode) and is no longer receiving stimulus from the out side world. I often feel like I am having a seizure while doing WILD. Now of course at this point my real body is not having a seizure. I am entering the dream at that point. Anyway, at this point you need to let go and allow yourself to be pulled into the dream.

I hope this helps to explain things a little better for you

Happy Dreaming