God is coming, and boy is she pissed

God likes skee-ball.

Even if God doesn’t exist (as I believe), he does exist in a certain way.

With all the poeple who belive in him, he lives in there minds (and I guess you could say hearts too). He’ll be whichever gender they see him as.

Actually. God is a man. If you are a catholic that is. I don’t believe in God as a man or a woman, but more of a power, a will if you would like.

God is just manmade concept for trying to simplify this whole existance and life experience we are able to perceive as creation of some imaginary dude with white beard that sits on a cloud and judges who can join his private party and who cannot. Anyways, god is just our word for something that goes far beyond our concepts…(and far within) :universe:

God is the man, and Satan is the woman. It all makes perfect since. :grin:

DreamAddict… you are so damn right!!! I agree to 110% :tongue:

I think god(s) having genders is a perfect example of how god is one of man’s blunders, and not vice versa. We model everything after our own image. It’s as if ants would have evolved to the state of mind humans are in, and suddenly decided god must be a big old ant with giant antennas.

God’s a woman and her name is Eris
Hail Eris, hail discordia!

:wink:
tapir

God is essence

Man and woman are fragments, shards of this essence.

Imagine it if you will, as light being refracted by a prism…

You’re absolutely right, but given our frame of reference, how ELSE should we visualize “God”? People need to associate ‘God’ with ‘human’ in order to feel a closeness–like their “creator” really understands them and empathizes. Is it easy enough to bond with the idea of a loving father? Of course it is! Is it easy to bond with the idea of a vast consciousness that can’t be touched, talked to, or stimulated in any way, shape, or form? Ugh. . .I’ll get back to you on that one. God is what we want him/her/it to be. Does it matter that everybody has their own image of God? No, it really doesn’t. Yet, we somehow think that we need to debate constantly so others can reap the benefits of our rewarding knowledge base and belief system. You say that it is the fault of a ‘man’ to believe “God” to be human. Is it not also the fault of a human to want to debate over and over about things that can’t be defined? It’s all in how you look at the world. Not that I generally think those people who now say, “I don’t give a ■■■■,” are content. . .but they have reached the point of not caring. I hope to get there soon. But I hope to get there with grace and peace of mind, too. No “curmudgeon complex” for me. I’ll shun the world with a loving embrace, if such is possible (and in my own silly world, just about anything is possible).

Sometimes I feel unruly and write a bunch of weird stuff here. Tonight is one of those nights. I should have been drinking with the rest of them. . .I would actually be sleeping now.

I’m sorry, that was gender-biased. It’s woman’s fault too. :happy:

Ack! You know what people who don’t care about anything remind me of? The deceased. I hope I never reach the point in my life where I just give up trying to understand. And although I accept that it may be inevitable (like, when I’m dead for instance), I will not go gentle into that good night. :content:

Those are just my thoughts though. :smile:

vae victus ur ideas are purely stunning and so intelligent,and for the people who stop caring your pathetic,because life is study and trying to get to understand everything is what you do you dont try to stop caring then as vae victus put it"you remind me of the deceased" well it is like youve died.God exist how else do you think we came here.God is an otherworldly inventor,take the dinosaurs for instance.One of gods failed experiments why else do you think he stopped there lives he destroyed everything then made humans he made em as a weaker and more primitive form of himself. the reason he did this is so he could see how well he made us,hence why we can make mistakes and be hurt and die. the first people one of which was his son,whom he perposely sent here to see how people would react to god like people and stuff they don’t understand.still to this day we are afraid of what we cant understand.God also created us in his image (if repeated i am sorry)so since this is god is many shaped and loving he created us and women i belive are in the shape of the devil

I like the idea of gods representing forces. is a polytheist

I read your little false hopes about what you think ‘god’ is and I will tell you what I think of ‘god’ as. A mass-marketed scam that gets away with almost anything that it wants because if it gets pressure they either wine their way out of things saying its prejustice or they try to cause an uproar. Jumping on this Jesus bandwagon has gotten so easy, it has become door to door and telemarketed. That’s right. God is upstairs doing paperwork, supervising, making sure all the telemarketers are meeting their ‘quotas’. Better not slack off on the job, you will get your lunch break taken away. I don’t buy this bull. Why do churches think they should have everything handed to them, just because they think they have a higher cause?

How can god be either, if god created both sexes, after god existed? So surely god is not even a physical being, becasue god also created physics. So god must have been something else, with no gender.

Heh, I only said “man” because I thought it would have sounded stupid with “human” twice in the same sentence. Too redundant!

I didn’t mean trying to give up on understanding things or determining your own belief system. I meant to give up caring about what other people think. It’s so easy to lose sight of things when you are in debate mode. It doesn’t matter that much what somebody else thinks. He/she will most definitely have a different opinion than you. . .and you will usually be helpless to change that. When I think of “not caring”, I think of being able to “let go” when it comes to frustration and animosity toward others whose opinions “clash” with my own. When I can get to that point where I don’t get caught up in the emotional battle, that will be good. I don’t mean to “die” or lose interest in this area. Mostly stifling of the ego is what I’m talking about. When you can look at others and not judge, but accept differing views, that is “not caring” anymore. It’s letting go.

*All this is my opinion–for anybody who is nitpicky and will say “that’s not necessarily true” or “I don’t believe that.” That’s my disclaimer and I’m sticking with it. :grin:

Thank you. I’m certainly undeserving of that. You can only see far when you’re standing on the shoulders of giants after all. :content:

Also, I don’t believe it would serve a purpose, unless God(s) wanted to have God-lets (or whatever offspring you would call that).

lol, I get it. I do stuff like that too actually. Perhaps we both have a repressed memory of an English teacher traumatizing us. :grin:

Oh, I see! Then I guess I would agree with you. Even though sometimes we all lose our cool (even the people who really would rather not), I truly think it’s important to throw our beliefs out into the open. Sometimes more damage is done than good, but mostly, when two (or more) open-minded people are talking, regardless of how dearly they hold their beliefs, everyone grows in some form or another. Maybe that’s some wishful thinking on my behalf, but I think it’s worth the risks of having your toes stepped on (or stepping on someone else’s!) to possibly have an enlightening experience.

But I certainly agree that ego can, and always will, be an issue. And that everyone should watch their own ego and not worry about the other person’s (though that’s much easier said than done!). :content:

Haha. I wish we lived in a world where it wasn’t even necessary for people to say that. :tongue:

“unless God(s) wanted to have God-lets (or whatever offspring you would call that)”
You forget about the pleasure of sex. But why would a non-physical being need physical pleasure?

Or sex to have ‘physical’ pleasure?

God is not mass marketed as you put it.people are jumping on the band wagon though,but because they are really worried about death and burning in hell.okay the only church that thinks it should have money handed to it is the roman catholic church.if you ever been in a church you dont HAVE to give money :neutral: .also what i meant bwas god doesnt have a sex.he/she other worldly figure made us in an image he wanted us in.a weaker less powerful form so we couldnt over throw n=him or anything like that.also god didnt need sex to make us he just used his abilities to make us from the earth that is why we are tied in with the earth,by chi and i’m done.